PDA

View Full Version : James McAdoo Recruiting

RainingThrees
10-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Following his visit to Chapel Hill he came and made a short visit to Duke. Is it too early to start talking about the class of 2011? He also plays for Boo Williams which I believe is the same team that Andre Dawkins plays for. Could Andre snag another recruit?

Carlos
10-28-2008, 11:04 AM
It would be a long shot to get McAdoo. His family is originally from NC, he grew up a Heel fan, and he's also somehow related to Bob McAdoo. And yes, I know all the other players that we've landed who fall into a similar profile.

freedevil
10-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Pretty interesting he even decided to step on Duke's campus...

Turk
10-28-2008, 05:19 PM
I beg to differ. Too early to start talking about the class of 2011. They've been sophomores in school for all of two months. Sorry to be a wet blanket.

kramerbr
10-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Following his visit to Chapel Hill he came and made a short visit to Duke. Is it too early to start talking about the class of 2011? He also plays for Boo Williams which I believe is the same team that Andre Dawkins plays for. Could Andre snag another recruit?

And the same team that Kendall Marshall plays for I believe...

BD80
10-28-2008, 06:07 PM
... Too early to start talking about the class of 2011. ...

Ummm. I think you missed this:

... he's also somehow related to Bob McAdoo. ...

Unlikely, but how delicious would it be to get a McAdoo to come to Duke. I would have given MJ's son a scholarship just to watch MJ wear a Duke hat.

SG24
07-01-2009, 11:49 AM
McAdoo recently cut his list and Duke made the cut. He cleared up the rumors about him being committed to NC. This article was just on posted on highschoolhoop.com. There is also a clip of him doin work if your unfamiliar with him. Check it out.

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recruiting-news/2009/07/virginia-star-says-unc-rumors-are-crazy/#more-1364

Wheat/"/"/"
07-01-2009, 12:05 PM
McAdoo recently cut his list and Duke made the cut. He cleared up the rumors about him being committed to NC. This article was just on posted on highschoolhoop.com. There is also a clip of him doin work if your unfamiliar with him. Check it out.

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recruiting-news/2009/07/virginia-star-says-unc-rumors-are-crazy/#more-1364

I don't think you can make the statement that the kid is not going to UNC just yet. In fact, he still lists UNC among his choices.

All he basically said was that he is not a lock for UNC like many want to believe and that he will check out his options.

Sounds like a smart kid to me...

Wander
07-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Sounds like a smart kid to me...

Thus, he is not going to UNC. :D

houstondukie
07-01-2009, 12:54 PM

Couldn't you think of a better thread title? How about I start a thread that says "Harrison Barnes is not going to Duke" and post a link that says he is "wide open."

CDu
07-01-2009, 02:50 PM
I agree with the others who say that the title of this thread is very misleading. He may very well be going to UNC. He just hasn't committed to UNC, and is still considering other alternatives.

El_Diablo
07-01-2009, 02:53 PM
How about "James McAdoo refutes UNC commitment rumor"

However, he's visited no other schools as of yet.

AnimalFriendly
07-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Sorry if this has been answered before but is this guy any relation to former UNC player Bob McAdoo?

CDu
07-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Sorry if this has been answered before but is this guy any relation to former UNC player Bob McAdoo?

He's his nephew.

theAlaskanBear
07-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I liked reading two things about that article:

One, he mentioned Josh Hairston...he could dunk on him everyday in practice if he likes. :D

Also he talks about a system that plays 4 out 1 in...that seems like it would jive with Duke's perimeter game...anyone want to clarify that for me?

Welcome2DaSlopes
07-14-2009, 12:42 AM
We are on his list

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recruiting-news/2009/07/virginia-star-says-unc-rumors-are-crazy/

The master Recruiter Andre Dawkins is recruiting him and they are teammates

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recruiting-news/2009/07/dukes-andre-dawkins-the-countrys-top-recruiting-recruit/

Here's some extra notes on him

http://hsvirginia.scout.com/a.z?s=412&p=8&c=1&nid=3573603

I don't think we offered him but he does seem like one of the top high school players in his class and we have talked to him

tommy
07-14-2009, 01:00 AM
I liked one of those links where he says he's definitely coming to visit Duke in August and it's the only visit he has that's set in stone.

But then one of the other links has 9 schools being in the running and they've all offered him except us.

Welcome2DaSlopes
07-14-2009, 01:35 AM
I liked one of those links where he says he's definitely coming to visit Duke in August and it's the only visit he has that's set in stone.

But then one of the other links has 9 schools being in the running and they've all offered him except us.

Yea I know, but to be a little optimistic here since he is visiting us in August what if we were to offer him on campus and he comits. lol not likely but hey who knows.

whereinthehellami
07-14-2009, 08:31 AM
I thought I had heard his dream school was UNC?

roywhite
07-14-2009, 09:29 AM

James is the nephew of former TarHeel standout Bob McAdoo (and the son of Ronnie McAdoo, who played at Old Dominion). I've read reports that compare his game to James Worthy, so he's very highly sought after.

Whether he's leaning toward UNC, don't know.

budwom
07-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Seems that there's good reason to believe he isn't the UNC lock many assumed him to be.

airowe
07-14-2009, 10:02 AM

"Everyone says I’m going to North Carolina, but that’s just not true. I’ve just been down there the most because it’s close. I like them, but they’re not my No. 1 right now. I haven’t even been to the other schools to compare it."

"That’s just crazy to me. I’m not a shoe-in for North Carolina"

Welcome2DaSlopes
07-14-2009, 09:51 PM
James is the nephew of former TarHeel standout Bob McAdoo (and the son of Ronnie McAdoo, who played at Old Dominion). I've read reports that compare his game to James Worthy, so he's very highly sought after.

Whether he's leaning toward UNC, don't know.

so does everyone else but hey you never know

airowe
07-18-2009, 02:42 PM
http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recruiting-news/2009/07/james-mcadoo-to-miss-significant-time-due-to-surgery/

Williams went on to say that McAdoo’s injury would sideline him for “at least four months.” McAdoo, a 6-8 rising junior who is rated the No. 13 prospect in the HighSchoolHoop top 50, is just coming off a starring role with USA Basketball’s U-16 national team. There he averaged 16.8 points and 8.6 rebounds while leading Team USA to the gold medal in the FIBA Americas Championships in Argentina three weeks ago.

McAdoo injured the shoulder while grabbing a rebound in the championship game.

JasonEvans
07-18-2009, 02:53 PM

Many schools throw out a lot of offers to a lot of kids. Duke does not do this. It is not at all unusual for Duke to wait until the last minute to actually offer the scholarship. Duke offers also almost always come from Coach K, in person, and tend to come during on-campus visits. Duke considers an offer a big, big deal and treats it that way.

It is not at all uncommon for Duke to be at the top of a kid's list even though we are yet to formally offer the kid.

--Jason "McAdoo would be a fine addition... and would sting the folks at UNC, that's for sure" Evans

airowe
09-06-2009, 10:26 PM
"Everyone says I’m going to North Carolina, but that’s just not true. I’ve just been down there the most because it’s close. I like them, but they’re not my No. 1 right now. I haven’t even been to the other schools to compare it."

"That’s just crazy to me. I’m not a shoe-in for North Carolina"

Guess they were. He just comitted. Looks like their Alumni Game has claimed its first victim. Glad it hasn't pulled in the big fish...

Wheat/"/"/"
09-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Here's a look at James McAdoo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t69TtfvEck0)

jws
09-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Here's a look at James McAdoo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t69TtfvEck0)

A pet peeve of mine is the crap people show on these "highlight" reels. What do we learn about a kid's game by watching him dunk the ball 20 times?

Show him setting a great screen that ends up in a bucket for his team. Show him making a great defensive play and then hustling down to the other end for a basket or a rebound. Show him rotating over to help and taking a charge. Show him making a great pass to a cutting teammate for a basket. Show him blocking out, getting the rebound and throwing a great outlet pass.

Come on, people, show some originality, and act like you know the game!

Okay, rant over.

I feel better now.

Azdukefan
09-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Can we lock this thread and throw away the key? McAdoo is officially a Hole and can now enjoy getting beat at least twice annually by the good guys from Durham.

verga
09-07-2009, 11:11 PM
McAdoo is a great hs player and one of the top 4/5 players in the next 2 classes 2010/2011. He was never going anywhere but unc, so we shouldn't be shocked, i hope your vision of him losing twice a year to Duke comes true.