PDA

View Full Version : WNBA July 30, Mystics (aka Duke North) vs Liberty @ MSG

gadzooks
07-13-2009, 06:38 PM
My husband and I are thinking of getting tickets to the game, anybody want to join us? It's a Thursday night, so it's kind of a long shot, but I figured I'd throw it out there. We'll probably be getting tickets in the $15 seats (PDF seating chart here (http://www.wnba.com/media/liberty/2009_seatingchartpdf.pdf)) if y'all want to try to get seats together or near each other, or we could meet up before the game/at halftime.

CameronBornAndBred
07-13-2009, 11:19 PM
I'd love to see those three playing together. Too far for me, but if you go wear at least one Duke article of clothing! Best of luck on getting company, sounds like a great time.

gadzooks
07-14-2009, 04:43 PM
if you go wear at least one Duke article of clothing!But of course! All the family members have many Duke shirts, and I have an I ♥ Alana one that I often wear to Mystics games. Gotta represent!

ETA: We were at a Dream game in Atlanta last year, and when Alison Bales came out for warm ups, we were all going "Woooo, Ali!" She looked over and gave us a thumbs up and said, "I like your shirts!" :D

CameronBornAndBred
07-14-2009, 09:40 PM
You get to watch at least one WNBA all-star. Alana Beard was voted in as a starter. Good luck to Lindsey and Monique for being selected by the coaches!

jimsumner
07-14-2009, 09:45 PM
More details on Alana and the all-star game

"The Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) announced today that Washington Mystics and former Duke guard Alana Beard has been named a starter to the 2009 All-Star team. The game will be played on Saturday, July 25 at 3:30 p.m. at the Mohegan Sun and will be broadcast on ABC.
It will be her first as a starter voted by the fans and her fourth all-star recognition. Beard is currently averaging 19.1 points per game, 3.9 rebounds per game, 2.1 assists per game and a career-best 3.0 steals per game. "