PDA

View Full Version : Know thy enemy...

Wheat/"/"/"
07-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Here's an interview (http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2009-07-09/sporting-news-conversation-roy-williams) with Roy Williams over at the Sporting News.

I thought Coach Williams answered some interesting questions in this one...not your everyday tee it up puff article.

IMO, it was funny at the time people were after Ol' Roy for wearing the Kansas logo. I mean, it's not like he didn't have some history and friends there.
Glad to see he stood his ground.

Williams..."The criticism about the sticker, that was silly. I can reverse it to '93: In the Final Four, I lose to North Carolina in the semifinals and stay on Monday night to watch North Carolina win the national championship, and I'm waving that Carolina blue pompon just like everybody, and I don't hear one word. So what was different? Give me a break. They can make every frickin' argument they want, but no one can justify criticizing me for that".

And about TH...."Michael's desire and competitiveness improved dramatically from year to year. But Tyler Hansbrough, when he came in, he had the most incredible focus I have ever seen, including Michael, off the court. Michael was so competitive; he wanted to beat you, he wanted to kill you. Tyler had that, but also more of a single focus to do everything he could do to be the best player on and off the court, whether it was in the weight room or eating properly, getting his proper rest. I've never been around anybody as focused as Tyler Hansbrough".

Kedsy
07-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Here's an interview (http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2009-07-09/sporting-news-conversation-roy-williams) with Roy Williams over at the Sporting News.

I thought Coach Williams answered some interesting questions in this one...not your everyday tee it up puff article.

IMO, it was funny at the time people were after Ol' Roy for wearing the Kansas logo. I mean, it's not like he didn't have some history and friends there.
Glad to see he stood his ground.

Williams..."The criticism about the sticker, that was silly. I can reverse it to '93: In the Final Four, I lose to North Carolina in the semifinals and stay on Monday night to watch North Carolina win the national championship, and I'm waving that Carolina blue pompon just like everybody, and I don't hear one word. So what was different? Give me a break. They can make every frickin' argument they want, but no one can justify criticizing me for that".

And about TH...."Michael's desire and competitiveness improved dramatically from year to year. But Tyler Hansbrough, when he came in, he had the most incredible focus I have ever seen, including Michael, off the court. Michael was so competitive; he wanted to beat you, he wanted to kill you. Tyler had that, but also more of a single focus to do everything he could do to be the best player on and off the court, whether it was in the weight room or eating properly, getting his proper rest. I've never been around anybody as focused as Tyler Hansbrough".

Well, to be fair to a heel, I completely agree that the brouhaha over him wearing the Kansas sticker was ridiculous.

crimsonandblue
07-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Forrest Gump was also extremely focused.

tele
07-11-2009, 11:49 AM

In comparison to Roy or Hasbro?

SMO
07-11-2009, 04:55 PM

But he never jumped off a roof into a shallow pool, did he?

OZZIE4DUKE
07-11-2009, 07:33 PM
But he (Forest Gump) never jumped off a roof into a shallow pool, did he?
Well, he did jump into the reflecting pool on the National Mall while fully clothed.