PDA

View Full Version : Kuester

gw67
07-08-2009, 08:47 AM
I am happy to see that John Kuester has done well in the 24-second league and may get a chance to coach the Pistons. John was a floppy haired guard from Richmond who was a complementary player on Dean's teams in the mid-70's (I believe that he was a high school teamate of Mark Crow of Duke but I may be wrong.). I met him twice when he coached my alma mater and he seemed like a likeable young man but too inexperiencedand and in over his head. I'm glad to see him get a second chance but those jobs don't seem carry a lot of security.

gw67

killerleft
07-08-2009, 08:51 AM
All I can remember about him is that I didn't like that Tar Heel one flippin' bit!:p

Wheat/"/"/"
07-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Weren't we all floppy haired back in the 70's?

roywhite
07-08-2009, 09:33 AM
One of the points I take out of the Kuester story is the power of the Carolina network, consisting of Coach Roy plus former players plus El Deano. They can help guys find basketball jobs, and also help them again if they're looking for a new job.

The same is true of a Duke network, which covers not just basketball itself, but also media.

Frankly, it's a recruiting advantage for each school for them to illustrate the success and connections that participation in their program carries.