PDA

View Full Version : Nate Jame Interview - He talks of his camp, next season & a soon to be "little" Nate

watzone
07-06-2009, 02:16 PM
I had the pleasure of talking to Nate James before he hit the recruiting trail this past weekend. We covered the James-Carrawell Camp, talked of his first season as a coach, the coming basketball season and dealing with the losses of Henderson and Williams and his first kid who is due this month.

http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=2437

BTW,. it's a boy. Congrats to the James family.

Oriole Way
07-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the nice interview... Nate has always been one of my favorite players.

miramar
07-06-2009, 03:37 PM
This is vintage Nate: "I told them this is an opportunity to come in and let the world know who you are. If you didn’t get as much playing time as you wanted last year or your scoring average wasn’t what you wanted it to be, you can now step up."

Nate might not have been a great three point shooter at Duke, but there is one that sticks out in my mind. Everybody remembers the time that Duke came back from 10 points down with one minute left against Maryland, led by Jason Williams. But with a little over a minute left, Duke was down by more than ten, but then Nate hit a three. He actually started the comeback.

weezie
07-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Awwwwww, a mini-Nate?! Bet he'll be adorable.
Love those Blue Devil babies!:)

PaIronDuke
07-06-2009, 10:24 PM
for Johnny Dawkins would very difficult to find-I don't know if he was a continuous part of the recruiting process-but it appears we have a very capable replacement/representative of the university in Nate James, and-all things considered-can count ourselves fortunate to have him aboard...........

OZZIE4DUKE
07-07-2009, 12:13 AM
I had the pleasure of talking to Nate James before he hit the recruiting trail this past weekend. We covered the James-Carrawell Camp, talked of his first season as a coach, the coming basketball season and dealing with the losses of Henderson and Williams and his first kid who is due this month.

http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=2437

BTW,. it's a boy. Congrats to the James family.
Thanks Mark, and congratulations to Nate on his pending little badass! :cool::D

ChicagoCrazy84
07-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Congrats to the James family! Nate seems to be the coolest guy and I bet he won't disappoint in being a daddy. I hope he knows his priorities though: recruiting first, wife and child 2nd! Just kidding, hit the trail hard then take care of the wifey! Good luck Nate!

BD80
07-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Wife won't go for Nate III?

How about Badath ?