PDA

View Full Version : Updated Rivals and Scout 2010 rankings

houstondukie
07-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Notable players (w/ previous ranking in parenthesis)

Rivals:
16. Andre Dawkins – (20)
55. Joshua Hairston – (31)
103. Tyler Thornton – (125)

1. Brandon Knight – (1)
2. Harrison Barnes – (2)
6. Josh Smith – (5)
14. Kyrie Irving – (21)
15. Terrance Jones
18. Joe Jackson – (17)
23. Dominique Ferguson – (10)
24. Roscoe Smith – (16)
43. Tariq Black – (46)
46. Ray McCallum – (36)

Scout:
22. Andre Dawkins – (18)
42. Joshua Hairston – (38)
73. Tyler Thornton – (65)

1. Harrison Barnes – (1)
2. Brandon Knight – (3)
7. Kyrie Irving – (8)
8. Josh Smith – (7)
16. Dominique Ferguson – (9)
17. Joe Jackson – (24)
26. Ray McCallum – (21)
31. Roscoe Smith – (17)
34. Terrance Jones
57. Tariq Black – (63)

DukeBlood
07-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Rivals:
16. Andre Dawkins – (20)

Scout:
22. Andre Dawkins – (18)
(63)

I know rankings are meaningless and everything but...

I have read how he has been having a great summer and really been set to crack the Top-15 and maybe even Top-10. How can a kid like Dawkins have a good-great summer but yet guys he has been out performing are ahead of him? Its whatever I suppose.

The Josh Hairston and Tyler Thorton new rankings really dont surprise me. They need to really take over. Josh has alot of the tools, would love for him to put it all together.

houstondukie
07-03-2009, 02:36 PM
The Duke staff is working very hard in recruiting and I commend them for casting a wider net, but until Duke adds Harrison Barnes (which I think we will) AND another top 20 player (most likely a PG), this class will not be "monster" as many have predicted, including myself. Still too early and I think we'll ultimately achieve a "monster" class, but we have a lot of work left to do. Dawkins will be a star, and Hairston/Thornton are looking like very nice players that will provide depth that is vital to any national championship team, but Duke is still missing at least 2 superstars (Barnes, Irving/Knight) to get to that next level. The x-factor could be Seth Curry, who will be at least a vital role player but could become a star.

ice-9
07-03-2009, 03:07 PM
With Duke recruiting so many PGs -- Knight, Irving, McCallum, Jackson -- I'd think we'd have to land at least one of them (otherwise I'm gonna start believing something's up with Duke recruiting). Of the four, probably only Knight is a game changer.

So, I'd say the real key to a monster class is simply Mr. Barnes. If we get Barnes, one of the four, and then Thornton, Dawkins and Hairston, that would be a very good class indeed.

houstondukie
07-03-2009, 03:15 PM
With Duke recruiting so many PGs -- Knight, Irving, McCallum, Jackson -- I'd think we'd have to land at least one of them (otherwise I'm gonna start believing something's up with Duke recruiting). Of the four, probably only Knight is a game changer.
So, I'd say the real key to a monster class is simply Mr. Barnes. If we get Barnes, one of the four, and then Thornton, Dawkins and Hairston, that would be a very good class indeed.

While I think Knight is on another level by himself when it comes to PG, I think Irving is a much better PG than perhaps Jackson and definately McCallum. In 2010-2011, senior Nolan Smith could very well be our starting PG, and I believe only Knight and Irving have the talents to start over him as freshmen, pushing Nolan to the SG spot.

m g
07-03-2009, 04:11 PM
surprised to see hairston fall - i had heard that his stock was back on the rise this summer.

roywhite
07-03-2009, 04:32 PM
surprised to see hairston fall - i had heard that his stock was back on the rise this summer.

Saw a reference that Josh Hairston was transferring from his high school to another school, but didn't get the details. His team won a state championship in VA last year, but apparently it was not in a large school classification. Not unusual for some of the top high school players to go to schools like Oak Hill for better coaching and competition level.

SupaDave
07-06-2009, 10:17 AM
While I think Knight is on another level by himself when it comes to PG, I think Irving is a much better PG than perhaps Jackson and definately McCallum. In 2010-2011, senior Nolan Smith could very well be our starting PG, and I believe only Knight and Irving have the talents to start over him as freshmen, pushing Nolan to the SG spot.

I highly doubt any freshmen will move Nolan out of the starting PG position as a senior. That kid could probably only be Brandon Knight if it was possible. Nolan, should he decide to shoot for the pros, will have to continue to improve his point guard skills.