PDA

View Full Version : Catching up with Thaddeus Lewis

watzone
07-02-2009, 01:58 PM
I had a nice discussion with Thad about the coming season and here is part I of the interview with the second half coming Friday or Saturday. He talked of the freshman hitting campus and their first workouts. BTW, he shave his locks off as well.

http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=2427

CameronBornAndBred
07-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks Watzone, I love this comment from Thad.
"This will be my first time going into a season with the same offensive coordinator and staff. I know the offense more and what they expect out of me, so I can go with the flow now."
I'm really hoping we see that pay off on the field, added with the team being fitter and faster, I expect we will some nice offensive outputs this year.

Devil in the Blue Dress
07-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks Watzone, I love this comment from Thad.
"This will be my first time going into a season with the same offensive coordinator and staff. I know the offense more and what they expect out of me, so I can go with the flow now."
I'm really hoping we see that pay off on the field, added with the team being fitter and faster, I expect we will some nice offensive outputs this year.

That was a very telling quote from Thad. It's impossible to estimate the value of having a very stable, very well qualified staff who know each other and the head coach very well. We've not seen that at Duke for a very long time. Hiring Coach Cutcliffe was the beginning of making a dramatic change. But it was the arrival of an intact staff already familiar with that famous playbook which was our program's first step in a monumental assent from the joke of Division I football to being one of the teams to watch.

You know we're going to see a team becoming even better than last year's team!

RazzyBailey31
07-03-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm expecting big things from Thad this year. Cut recently said how much improved he is from last year after making 2nd Team All ACC. I can see him pushing Wilson for 1st Team honors.

Devil in the Blue Dress
07-03-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm expecting big things from Thad this year. Cut recently said how much improved he is from last year after making 2nd Team All ACC. I can see him pushing Wilson for 1st Team honors.

What a wonderful day that will be!

Thad has very quietly been a pretty good quarterback so far. Maybe 2009 will be a break out season for him.

I don't want to miss a single game in Wallace Wade Stadium this season! This team is still on the way up!

RazzyBailey31
07-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Coaches are going to have alot more film on Wilson this year. Thad has been putting up good numbers for 3 years now. It should be a close race.

roywhite
07-03-2009, 08:49 PM
And if Thad slips up, or has an injury problem, Sean Renfree looks like an outstanding back-up and eventual top-notch quarterback. It's been a while since Duke has been this solid at the position.

Coach Cut knows how to recruit and coach QB's.

CameronBornAndBred
07-03-2009, 09:50 PM
And if Thad slips up, or has an injury problem, Sean Renfree looks like an outstanding back-up and eventual top-notch quarterback. It's been a while since Duke has been this solid at the position.

Coach Cut knows how to recruit and coach QB's.
Very true on both points. Scary as it is, I've seen a couple stories (trying to find links, no luck, sorry) about how Lewis could be the top QB in the ACC this season, if not player. Don't laugh, Heather Dinich has Lewis at 13 on her list of players, only one other QB on her list at #3 overall, NCSU's Russell Wilson, is higher.
This is what she had to say about Thad.
"Because he's played just as well, if not better, than the other quarterbacks in the conference and has had less surrounding talent to work with. "
That last line is very important, because Lewis' supporting cast WILL be more experienced and more talented this season.
Just over 2 months until Brunchgate, gotta love it! (It will be dinnergate, but I can't imagine we'll let the lights of WW get in the way of a name change)

Bob Green
07-03-2009, 09:58 PM
"Because he's played just as well, if not better, than the other quarterbacks in the conference and has had less surrounding talent to work with. "
That last line is very important, because Lewis' supporting cast WILL be more experienced and more talented this season.

Our offensive line has a lot to prove. With three starters from last season gone, they will be less experienced. They must be able to run block so a running game can be established, then Thad Lewis will have time to throw the ball. I repeat running to set-up the pass is the path to success.

Only two months until the season kicks-off.

Devil in the Blue Dress
07-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Thad Lewis is a very good quarterback. Check out his accomplishments in the stats and records section of the press guide book. (Receiving this book each year is one more reason to become an Iron Duke.) Because so much attention has focused on the program's difficulties, Thad's many accomplishments have gone unheralded and ignored by most people. Coach Cutcliffe commented several times during last season about how good Thad is and how much he's been overlooked.

CameronBornAndBred
07-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Our offensive line has a lot to prove. With three starters from last season gone, they will be less experienced.
I don't disagree that with 3 HUGE starters gone that it looks on paper that we will be less experienced, but the guys coming in aren't completely inexperienced. Whoever has the starts on our first Saturday will have the confidence of the staff and the rest of the team. There will always be attrition, I feel much better about it this coming season than I ever have. It's not a sense of dread, it's a sense of excitement. They will stand up to the task at hand well enough, and I think really surprise some people.

wolfpackdevil
07-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Very true on both points. Scary as it is, I've seen a couple stories (trying to find links, no luck, sorry) about how Lewis could be the top QB in the ACC this season, if not player. Don't laugh, Heather Dinich has Lewis at 13 on her list of players, only one other QB on her list at #3 overall, NCSU's Russell Wilson, is higher.
This is what she had to say about Thad.
Just over 2 months until Brunchgate, gotta love it! (It will be dinnergate, but I can't imagine we'll let the lights of WW get in the way of a name change)

I think we all might be able to call our first meeting of the 2009 season an actual TAILGATE. With a 7pm start, arriving time should be around 3pm (for me at least.)

And that in my mind is an official tailgate, (especially with our knew tent!!!)

OZZIE4DUKE
07-04-2009, 03:55 PM
I think we all might be able to call our first meeting of the 2009 season an actual TAILGATE. With a 7pm start, arriving time should be around 3pm (for me at least.)

And that in my mind is an official tailgate, (especially with our knew tent!!!)
knew? If this were basketball season, I could see calling it a knew tent, but being football, for Coach Cut it would have to be a cnew tent :D:D

watzone
07-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Here is part two of the interview with Thad - http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=2434

He was more lengthy with his answers as the interview went on. Makes you want September to hurry up and get here.

OZZIE4DUKE
07-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Great as always. :cool: Thanks Watzone! :D