PDA

View Full Version : Any fans of "The Big Lebowski" on here?

bjornolf
06-28-2009, 06:32 PM
I was reading my latest issue of Maxim, and they had an interview with Olivia Wilde, the actress from House, MD and the new Year One movie. Anyway, she's in a new remake of Tron, and Jeff Bridges is gonna be in it. They asked her about Jeff Bridges, and she said that they're filming in Vancouver near where the Twilight folks are filming their next installment. She said the Twilight folks challenged them to go bowling. She said she laughed and asked who the vampires had. She said she told them, "We've got The Dude. The Dude abides." I thought that was GREAT! I was cracking up laughing when I read that. If it involves bowling, my money's on The Dude against just about anybody, vampires included. ;)

cato
06-28-2009, 10:16 PM
I was reading my latest issue of Maxim, and they had an interview with Olivia Wilde, the actress from House, MD and the new Year One movie. Anyway, she's in a new remake of Tron, and Jeff Bridges is gonna be in it. They asked her about Jeff Bridges, and she said that they're filming in Vancouver near where the Twilight folks are filming their next installment. She said the Twilight folks challenged them to go bowling. She said she laughed and asked who the vampires had. She said she told them, "We've got The Dude. The Dude abides." I thought that was GREAT! I was cracking up laughing when I read that. If it involves bowling, my money's on The Dude against just about anybody, vampires included. ;)

The Dude abides, but he does not bowl in the movie.

hc5duke
06-28-2009, 10:33 PM
You lost me here :) :

I was reading... Maxim

I liked Olivia Wilde in "The Black Donnellys" - yet another show I liked that got canceled mid-season. Her character in House is too one dimensional, and I don't particularly find the Huntington's subplot really intriguing.

CLT Devil
06-29-2009, 08:47 AM
"I see you're a golfer too?"

bjornolf
06-29-2009, 09:03 AM
My wife was a big fan of "the O.C.". She was pretty good in that. I forgot that she was in "the Black Donnellys". I liked that show, too. Which character was she in that?

Olympic Fan
06-29-2009, 11:12 AM
While Bridges wears a bowling shirt in the movie and spends a lot of time at the bowling alley, I think you're right ... he never actually bowls. He spends most of his time sitting at a bowling alley bar, drinking (I think) White Russians with Sam Elliott.

Now, John Goodman -- he bowls (both at the alley and in the fight outside)!

But, I agree, great movie ... one of the Coen Brothers three or four best.

As for Olivia Wilde (Maxim's choice as the world's hottest woman in 2009), how can anybody say her character in House is one dimensional -- she goes both ways! Remember the episode where the girl she picked up at a lesbian bar goes into seizures -- as House said, "It's perfect -- Penthouse forum meets medical mystery."

All it lacked was a visit by the Dude.

Master Shake
06-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Nobody f***s with the Jesus.

g_olaf
06-29-2009, 03:58 PM
While Bridges wears a bowling shirt in the movie and spends a lot of time at the bowling alley, I think you're right ... he never actually bowls.

However, he 'is bowled' in one of the Busby Berkeley-like dream sequences.

captmojo
06-30-2009, 01:32 PM
"That rug really tied the room together, Dude."
"I have a beverage here!"
"Are you employed...Mr Lebowski?"
" The Dude abides. I don't know about you folks, but I take great comfort in that."

Lebowski? Never heard of it. :D

Oriole Way
06-30-2009, 04:09 PM
One of my favorite 2 or 3 comedies ever.

Good night, sweet prince.