PDA

View Full Version : Ben Patrick

NYC Duke Fan
04-18-2007, 02:02 AM
Mel Kiper and other draft gurus have Ben Patrick listed as the third best tight end in the up-coming football draft.Does anyone know why he left Duke for Delaware and didn't he have to sit out a year, ( or if you transfer from Division 1 to 1-A you do not have to sit out ) ?

wilson
04-18-2007, 09:21 AM
Mel Kiper and other draft gurus have Ben Patrick listed as the third best tight end in the up-coming football draft.Does anyone know why he left Duke for Delaware and didn't he have to sit out a year, ( or if you transfer from Division 1 to 1-A you do not have to sit out ) ?

If you transfer from Division 1 to 1-AA, you indeed do not have to sit out a year.
As for why Ben left the Duke team, I suspect it's because, well, we stink.

bluedev_92
04-18-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm both a Delaware and Duke graduate & attend all of the (sold out) Delaware football games. I remember Ben being quoted as saying that he was plain tired of losing... Delaware also has a great football tradition and very dedicated fans. Same reason Shawn Johnson (all ACC player) left to come to Delaware.

HCFthird
04-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Patrick left because his buddy got benched as well as 2 upper class O-Lineman. Those defections can be directly related to the team's dismal performance last year.

Kewlswim
04-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Patrick left because his buddy got benched as well as 2 upper class O-Lineman. Those defections can be directly related to the team's dismal performance last year.

HI,

I would like to know more about this. I am not familiar with the inner workings of the Duke football program. I do know that we are not a disciplined team--false starts, off-sides, stupid penalties, need I go on?

GO DUKE!

wilson
04-18-2007, 04:01 PM
HI,

I would like to know more about this. I am not familiar with the inner workings of the Duke football program. I do know that we are not a disciplined team--false starts, off-sides, stupid penalties, need I go on?

GO DUKE!

You forgot missed extra points.

Classof06
04-18-2007, 04:03 PM
I don't know Ben that well but had a few classes with him and had a couple random conversations with him before he left Duke. From what I gather, he was just tired of losing. Either way, he started or got significant time at Duke right away and was pretty much a beast. Very nice kid, too...

Kewlswim
04-18-2007, 07:29 PM
You forgot missed extra points.

Hi,

Thanks, rub salt in the wound. :)

GO DUKE!