PDA

View Full Version : Will Barton

dukieinhebron
06-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Does his and his brother's commitment to Memphis help Duke in any way?

BlueintheFace
06-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Who? Why do all of the new posters ask questions about obscure recruits of other schools? Can DBR mandate an interactive training session or something?

blueprofessor
06-07-2009, 11:14 AM

so it helps us that he did not verbally commit to Sweatty.
Here is his evaluation:
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=56012&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d560 12
Best-- Blueprofessor:)

SupaDave
06-07-2009, 11:22 AM

haha! It helps us in the fact that we didn't have to recruit him AND his brother.

SupaDave
06-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Who? Why do all of the new posters ask questions about obscure recruits of other schools? Can DBR mandate an interactive training session or something?

I wouldn't exactly call him obscure... Just not on our radar.

speedevil2001
06-07-2009, 10:28 PM

was duke recruiting him? who is his brother?

SilkyJ
06-07-2009, 11:18 PM

Dont think so. Our main targets in that class are H. Barnes, B. Knight, and K. Irving, none of which are considering Memphis according to scout.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2010

kramerbr
06-07-2009, 11:34 PM
was duke recruiting him? who is his brother?

Duke was not recruiting Barton.

Will has a brother that is also in the class of 2010 and is 10 months younger. I believe he plays pg. Will had an offer from UK but his brother did not. Will commented that it was a "family decision".

Ignatius07
06-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Obscure is probably not the right word since Will Barton is a top-10 recruit.

mcdukie
06-08-2009, 05:50 PM

I don't know how much it helps us, but it sure didn't hurt us. A lot of people thought Kentucky but many in my area thought MD had a legit shot. This kid can do it and it is good to not have to play against him. Some think he will be the top prep school player in the country next year.

yancem
06-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Anyone else think that this is an odd time to commit to Memphis? The whole Rose/Calipari scandal may soon disappear but wouldn't you want to at least wait until the matter is cleared up? You have to also wonder about this high of a recruit signing, this early, with a coach who has 0 years of head coaching experience and in a non power conference. Just seems a little odd to me.

kramerbr
06-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Anyone else think that this is an odd time to commit to Memphis? The whole Rose/Calipari scandal may soon disappear but wouldn't you want to at least wait until the matter is cleared up? You have to also wonder about this high of a recruit signing, this early, with a coach who has 0 years of head coaching experience and in a non power conference. Just seems a little odd to me.

Yeah I agree. It seemed like he must of been in the heat of the moment, being at Memphis for a camp. If something does happen to go down with Memphis in the next year, he should have a chance to get out of his committment and then probably go to Sleezipari.