PDA

View Full Version : 2009-10 MBB Schedule

bigj4194
08-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Full ACC 2009-2010 Basketball Season Schedule released:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/acc/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/0910compschedule.pdf

weezie
08-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Duke Blue Planet is announcing the schedule will come out this afternoon. They say we have 27 games on national TV, which is more than the Lakers. Talk about exposure.

As long as it continues to drive everybody else crazy, it works for me! :D

bigj4194
08-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Duke ONLY Schedule
https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf4/637778.pdf?ATCLID=204781391&SPSID=22724&SPID=1845&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Olympic Fan
08-25-2009, 04:32 PM
No game with Davidson? First time since 1995-96 that they have not been on the Duke schedule.

In fact, looking at the complete ACC schedule, I don't see ANYBODY in the ACC playing Davidson. What's up with that?

BattierD12
08-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Duke ONLY Schedule
https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf4/637778.pdf?ATCLID=204781391&SPSID=22724&SPID=1845&DB_OEM_ID=4200

I had heard rumors that Duke is doing midnight madness this year, and the schedule above seems to confirm it:

Friday Oct. 16 COUNTDOWN TO CRAZINESS Cameron Indoor Stadium 7:30 pm

Anyone else have any info regarding this?

Duke of Nashville
08-25-2009, 05:01 PM
All I have heard is that it will include the Blue-White Scrimmage and I wouldn't be surprised to see something tie in to do with Duke Football as well.

airowe
08-25-2009, 05:19 PM
All I have heard is that it will include the Blue-White Scrimmage and I wouldn't be surprised to see something tie in to do with Duke Football as well.

It won't be a game. Duke Football is off that week.

Jarhead
08-25-2009, 05:33 PM
Duke Blue Planet is announcing the schedule will come out this afternoon. They say we have 27 games on national TV, which is more than the Lakers. Talk about exposure.

Looking at the schedule, it appears that all 31 regular season are televised. There appears to be only one game without some level of National distribution, the NC State game @ the RBC Center. It is only carried on the Raycom stations, not on cable. The games covered by Fox Sports may , or may not, be carried nationwide, but the total package gives us full distribution to national and international sports bars.

A side thought -- potentially Duke plays the 31 regular season games, three ACC tourney games (four, if they collapse totally during the regular season), and six in the NCAAs. If they win every game they will have played forty games. I'll dwell on that thought until dinner is ready.

msdukie
08-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Looking at the schedule, it appears that all 31 regular season are televised. There appears to be only one game without some level of National distribution, the NC State game @ the RBC Center. It is only carried on the Raycom stations, not on cable. The games covered by Fox Sports may , or may not, be carried nationwide, but the total package gives us full distribution to national and international sports bars.

A side thought -- potentially Duke plays the 31 regular season games, three ACC tourney games (four, if they collapse totally during the regular season), and six in the NCAAs. If they win every game they will have played forty games. I'll dwell on that thought until dinner is ready.

The Radford game is not on TV, I assume it will be on ACCSelect. Two other games are on FS South, that is not national TV and not guaranteed to be on Fox College Sports like the FSN games are. Raycom games are syndicated, which means they can be on cable depending upon where you live. For example, here in Florida the Raycom games, if they are picked up, on weekdays are on FS Florida or SunSports. On weekends, they are over the air. Of course they didn't even pick up the midweek Duke-FSU game in Tampa last year. I could have gone to a sports bar, but I decided to fly to Cameron instead. Thanks Raycom!

As to the # of games, whenever Duke plays in a 4 game exempt tournament, it can play 40 games (41 withe the ACC play-in/quarterfinal) due to the changes to the limits on nonexempt games a few years ago. Duke could have played 40 games last year and played 40 games in 1986 (37-3).

riverside6
08-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Hey guys, we've got the ACC schedule online here (http://www.scacchoops.com/schedule.asp). We also have an Outlook import for each team and the entire ACC schedule that you can download.

Feel free to grab the ACC Schedule widget and put it on your personal website as well.

Enjoy.

pfrduke
08-25-2009, 07:16 PM
This may already have been covered, but the toughest stretch of the season looks to run from 1/20 through 2/10. 7 games, 5 on the road, including @Clemson, @Georgetown, and @UNC, plus a very short turnaround from a 7pm Thurs. game against Georgia Tech to a 2pm Sat. game in Chestnut Hill. If Duke goes through that stretch at 4-3 or better, it will be a good sign. 5-2 or 6-1, we could be watching a special team (insert obligatory this-is-all-five-months-away caveat).

Jarhead
08-25-2009, 07:23 PM
The Radford game is not on TV, I assume it will be on ACCSelect. Two other games are on FS South, that is not national TV and not guaranteed to be on Fox College Sports like the FSN games are. Raycom games are syndicated, which means they can be on cable depending upon where you live. For example, here in Florida the Raycom games, if they are picked up, on weekdays are on FS Florida or SunSports. On weekends, they are over the air. Of course they didn't even pick up the midweek Duke-FSU game in Tampa last year. I could have gone to a sports bar, but I decided to fly to Cameron instead. Thanks Raycom!

As to the # of games, whenever Duke plays in a 4 game exempt tournament, it can play 40 games (41 withe the ACC play-in/quarterfinal) due to the changes to the limits on nonexempt games a few years ago. Duke could have played 40 games last year and played 40 games in 1986 (37-3).

Sorry, I missed the Radford game. As to my 40 game total, I was just dreaming of a rare thing in college hoops, an undefeated season. It Duke were to do it, they could only play 40 games. They would have lost some games if they had to play in th ACC Play in game.

davidson
08-25-2009, 07:52 PM
No game with Davidson? First time since 1995-96 that they have not been on the Duke schedule.

In fact, looking at the complete ACC schedule, I don't see ANYBODY in the ACC playing Davidson. What's up with that?

First time in 55 years that we don't play any ACC games. Stinks.

pfrduke
08-25-2009, 08:23 PM
First time in 55 years that we don't play any ACC games. Stinks.

You may get to play Miami in the made-for-ESPN Charleston Classic.

jhole
08-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Tonight I entered Duke's 09-10 Men's BB schedule into Google Calendar and made it public. While Google has disabled searching for public calendars (bad move); if you know the ICS address you can still add a public calendar. If you're using Google Sync, then of course the dates will populate into Outlook, iphone, blackberry, etc.

Instructions:
Under "Other Calendars" select Add by URL, then enter the address below.

http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/kqb2ssm2t8k4i47iqk4d242po4%40group.calendar.google .com/public/basic.ics

Duvall
08-25-2009, 10:58 PM
You may get to play Miami in the made-for-ESPN Charleston Classic.

That's just rubbing it in.

RelativeWays
08-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Geez my alma mater is playing a ton of ACC teams this year, and they were dead last in the SoCon last year. I hope Mike Dement knows what he's doing.

CameronBornAndBred
08-25-2009, 11:46 PM
I find it strange that we play and finish both series with GT and BC before we play our first game with unc.

speedevil2001
08-26-2009, 03:03 AM
Never too early. The front page got me eager.

I know we play Findlay and Georgetown. Plus Wisconsin at Wisconsin and the ACC schedule. Any other non conference games of importance?

anyone have the schedule on outlook yet?

riverside6
08-26-2009, 07:17 AM
The outlook import can be found here at SCACChoops.com (http://www.scacchoops.com/schedule.asp) you can download and import as a CSV file for any ACC team (just go to that team's page and download the file).

Here is the link to the Duke schedule (http://www.scacchoops.com/schedule.asp?steam=du).

gumbomoop
08-26-2009, 09:03 AM
I find it strange that we play and finish both series with GT and BC before we play our first game with unc.

Clemson, too. All 3 series fini before games with UNC or MD. Weird.

The quick turnaround between a Thurs night game v. GT, then travel to BC for afternoon game on Sat seems a crock. I suppose one could see this as "practice" for NCAA tourney weekend, but that doesn't involve travel day. A crock.

JasonEvans
08-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Tonight I entered Duke's 09-10 Men's BB schedule into Google Calendar and made it public. While Google has disabled searching for public calendars (bad move); if you know the ICS address you can still add a public calendar. If you're using Google Sync, then of course the dates will populate into Outlook, iphone, blackberry, etc.

Instructions:

http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/kqb2ssm2t8k4i47iqk4d242po4%40group.calendar.google .com/public/basic.ics

Wow-- that is so cool. I did not even know about the "other calendars" function. I am loving this!!

--Jason "props!" Evans

JasonEvans
08-26-2009, 10:07 AM
The quick turnaround between a Thurs night game v. GT, then travel to BC for afternoon game on Sat seems a crock. I suppose one could see this as "practice" for NCAA tourney weekend, but that doesn't involve travel day. A crock.

Well, if the Ga Tech game was in Atlanta I might agree that it would be a big burden, but that game is at home. The Ga Tech game is not even a 9 or 9:30pm ESPN game, it is at 7pm and I would imagine the guys will be back in their dorms by 11pm to get some rest.

Maybe it is just me, but I don't see that turnaround as all that difficult.

--Jason "also, I don't think BC is going to be all that good this season-- not as good as Ga Tech" Evans

riverside6
08-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Don't underestimate BC, experienced Al Skinner teams always seem to do well. The trio of Reggie Jackson, Rakim Sanders, and Joe Trapani are solid.

airowe
08-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Don't underestimate BC, experienced Al Skinner teams always seem to do well. The trio of Reggie Jackson, Rakim Sanders, and Joe Trapani are solid.

Riverside, I'll take Ga. Tech against BC in a fantasy league on your site.

msdukie
08-26-2009, 10:34 AM

I find it strange that we play BC, VPI&SU, Miami, and F$U at all.... ;)

Rich
08-26-2009, 11:09 AM

Instructions:

How do I input this into Outlook without Google sync?

jesus_hurley
08-26-2009, 11:18 AM
How do I input this into Outlook without Google sync?

Open Outlook and go to File > Import and Export. Import from another program or file and on the next page select 'Comma Separated values (windows). Browse to the CSV file you downloaded and choose 'replace duplicates with...' (just in case you have some in there already....). Destination folder should be your calendar. When you click finish it'll import them into your calendar

Olympic Fan
08-26-2009, 11:26 AM

Count me among those who think BC will finish ahead of Ga Tech in the ACC standings. Tech probably has more overall talent, but BC has good balance, more experience and a better coach.

Not only are Sanders, Paris and Trapani a solid trio of returnees, but Josh Southern should be a better post performer in his second year as a starter. Plus, Reggie Jackson has breakout potential after an up-and-down freshman year (he scored 17 in the win at UNC; 15 in the victory over Duke ... he was the x-factor in both upsets).

Biko Paris will be a well-groomed junior replacing Rice at the point. He'll never be the scorer that Rice was, but he's a better playmaker (he had a significantly better assist/turnover ratio than Rice last season), plus he's a better defender. The key may be how much they get from Evan Ravenel, a huge, talented big man who has been slowed by weight problems and injuries so far at BC.

At Georgia Tech, I want to see how Favors and Lawal mesh down low ... and what that does to Zach Peacock. I want to see how Shumpert handles being moved off the point (he's said several times that he came to Tech for the chance to play point, his NBA position) ... he wasn't much of a PG last year, but he was a good wing. Either Mo Miller (the Staypuff Marshmellow Man because he's so soft) or freshman Mfon Udofia has to prove he can play the point.

All in all, I trust Skinner more than Hewitt when it comes to getting the most out of his talent.

We'll see, but I definitely have BC ahead of Georgia Tech in my preseason poll.

jimsumner
08-26-2009, 11:36 AM
GT certainly is an intriguing proposition. They may well have three first-round NBA draft picks. On talent alone, they are no worse than third in the ACC and should be a high NCAA seed.

But Hewitt is the wild card. I share OF's doubts. If Hewitt can blend these parts into a cohesive whole, then GT could be formidable. But that's a big if.

riverside6
08-26-2009, 12:28 PM

I didn't say BC was better than GT, did I? I just said don't underestimate what BC will do this year.

riverside6
08-26-2009, 12:30 PM
GT certainly is an intriguing proposition. They may well have three first-round NBA draft picks. On talent alone, they are no worse than third in the ACC and should be a high NCAA seed.

But Hewitt is the wild card. I share OF's doubts. If Hewitt can blend these parts into a cohesive whole, then GT could be formidable. But that's a big if.

Turnovers killed GT last year. If they take care of the ball and rebound as they should with their frontline, the Yellow Jackets could be really good. They remind me a lot of last year's Wake Forest team.

zingit
08-26-2009, 12:57 PM

Instructions:

Thanks so much, jhole! I was just thinking that I hope someone else has already entered this information in Google Calendar so that I don't have to, and sure enough, somebody did! Fantastic!

airowe
08-26-2009, 01:11 PM
I didn't say BC was better than GT, did I? I just said don't underestimate what BC will do this year.

You didn't, no. I really was just trying to goad you in to playing me in a league. I'm a fantasy freak, and I've never even heard of fantasy ACC Basketball...

riverside6
08-26-2009, 01:34 PM
airowe, its something some buddies and I started after using spreadsheets for years. After trying to make a buck off it the last few years, this year we decided to make it free, so maybe it will become a little more popular.

I'm already in a league, and I've never been one to join multiple fantasy leagues. It's too difficult to keep up with.

speedevil2001
08-26-2009, 03:37 PM

Instructions:

thanks jhole..ur the best...next season can you color categorize the games to blue...

rushthecourt
08-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Old news here, but thought you might want to see an outsider's take on Duke's sched this year.

RTC Class Schedule: Duke (http://rushthecourt.net/2009/08/27/rtc-09-10-class-schedule-duke-blue-devils/)

Best Regards...

Bluedog
08-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Old news here, but thought you might want to see an outsider's take on Duke's sched this year.

RTC Class Schedule: Duke (http://rushthecourt.net/2009/08/27/rtc-09-10-class-schedule-duke-blue-devils/)

Best Regards...

Thanks for the link.

Duke has the goods to capture their first ACC title since J.J. Redick and Shelden Williams manned the Cameron Indoor Stadium floor.

Actually, we won the ACC title last year. ACC tournament champion = ACC champion.

Tommac
08-27-2009, 04:36 PM
"Let’s face it: this program hasn’t quite featured the mystique and aura that normally comes with Duke basketball since the heartbreaking loss to UConn in the 2004 Final Four. Duke’s pinnacle has been the Sweet 16 since that crushing blow....."

What about a National Championship in 2001? Where has this writer been?

DevilCastDownfromDurham
08-27-2009, 04:40 PM
"Let’s face it: this program hasn’t quite featured the mystique and aura that normally comes with Duke basketball since the heartbreaking loss to UConn in the 2004 Final Four. Duke’s pinnacle has been the Sweet 16 since that crushing blow....."

Though great, the title was in 2001 and thus not relevant to our performance "since 2004."

Overall great write-up. I'm excited for the season to begin.

Bob Green
08-27-2009, 04:43 PM

Well 2001 is before 2004 and the author states, "since the heartbreaking loss to UConn in the 2004 Final Four". I do disagree with several statements in the article. Andre Dawkins is not a point guard and Jon Scheyer is not a pure shooter.

ACCBBallFan
08-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Well 2001 is before 2004 and the author states, "since the heartbreaking loss to UConn in the 2004 Final Four". I do disagree with several statements in the article. Andre Dawkins is not a point guard and Jon Scheyer is not a pure shooter.nor a guy who relies on screens in the sense the author noted. Jon usually finds an open spot sometimes thanks to a screen but not running off screens like Henderson or JJ or Vasquez.

In the cupcakes section, yes Duke will win those games but Long Beach and Radford probably win their conferences and resemble a first round NCAA opponent. Maybe Tulsa displaces Memphis this year for C-USA automatic bid.

I would rate Duke's OOC as average not as strongly as author seems to indicate but with overall body of work SOS will be high enough to not be an issue.

pfrduke
08-27-2009, 06:59 PM
I do disagree with several statements in the article. Andre Dawkins is not a point guard and Jon Scheyer is not a pure shooter.

Agreed. Even more outlandish is the suggestion that Greivis Vasquez is one of the two "purest" shooters in the ACC ("The two best pure shooters in the ACC this season could be Maryland’s Greivis Vasquez and Duke’s Jon Scheyer."). If that's true, there are going to be a lot of bricks around Tobacco Road this year. He's put up three seasons of sub-33% outside shooting: 31.6% as a freshman, 30.9% as a soph, and 32.7% last year. Vasquez is a talented scorer. He's nowhere near a pure shooter.

Tommac
08-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Though great, the title was in 2001 and thus not relevant to our performance "since 2004."

Overall great write-up. I'm excited for the season to begin.

Sorry, my bad. I was reading too fast and thought the writer was talking about the 1999 loss to uCon.

airowe
08-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Maybe Tulsa displaces Memphis this year for C-USA automatic bid.

Do you see Tulsa as being much improved or Memphis taking a big step back this year? It seems to me that Memphis has some talent this year.

DevilCastDownfromDurham
08-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Sorry, my bad. I was reading too fast and thought the writer was talking about the 1999 loss to uCon.

No problem. We have waaay too many painful FF losses to the UConn. :(

Looking forward to a little payback this season. :)

jhole
08-27-2009, 08:37 PM
thanks jhole..ur the best...next season can you color categorize the games to blue...

Hey, they're blue on mine! (maybe you have blue already used for another calendar?) I really wish Google would bring back the browsing of public calendars - but for now this is our workaround.

Hancock 4 Duke
08-27-2009, 08:44 PM
They're playing Clemson (at Clemson, about 3 miles from where I live) on my birthday! How lucky (or unlucky) I am!

JasonEvans
08-28-2009, 10:06 AM

What has happened to Hewitt? This is the same guy who led undertalented Sienna teams to fabulous records and post-season success.

Then he took a Tech team with nothing spectacular in the talent department -- Jarrett Jack, Is'mail Muhammed, BJ Elder, Luke Schenschenschererer -- to the Final Four and to the championship game. That Tech team made a habit out of beating teams waaay more talented than them.

That was just 2004. What has happened since then? He's gotten some great recruits but they all seem to have one foot out the door and looking at the NBA from the moment they step foot on campus. He has done a poor job of surrounding his really talented players with nice complimentary ones too.

I dunno why, but I think this season is different. They've got the stud youngsters in Shumpert and Favors and the other freshman. But, they have some fairly talented, experienced guys on the roster too in Lawal and Peacock.

So, mark me down as someone who thinks Tech will finish ahead of BC... comfortably ahead. I think Tech finishes a solid 3rd in the conference.

--Jason "but I am probably wrong" Evans

riverside6
08-28-2009, 11:43 AM
I think the difference in Hewitt at Siena and now at Georgia Tech is the lack of roster consistency. At Siena he would routinely keep the kids 4 years. At Georgia Tech, the point guard position has been a revolving door and the early entrees have really hurt the program.

Like I said before, I expect something similar to what Wake did last season. A roller coaster, with high highs, and low lows and a quick exit out of the tourney. The difference could come if Hewitt can get these guys to be as intense and physical defensively as he wants.

mbd1mbd1
08-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Seriously, why aren't we playing Davidson? And I'd like to see NC Central as well, although I can understand that omission.

ACCBBallFan
08-28-2009, 03:54 PM
What has happened to Hewitt? This is the same guy who led undertalented Sienna teams to fabulous records and post-season success.

Then he took a Tech team with nothing spectacular in the talent department -- Jarrett Jack, Is'mail Muhammed, BJ Elder, Luke Schenschenschererer -- to the Final Four and to the championship game. That Tech team made a habit out of beating teams waaay more talented than them.

That was just 2004. What has happened since then? He's gotten some great recruits but they all seem to have one foot out the door and looking at the NBA from the moment they step foot on campus. He has done a poor job of surrounding his really talented players with nice complimentary ones too.

I dunno why, but I think this season is different. They've got the stud youngsters in Shumpert and Favors and the other freshman. But, they have some fairly talented, experienced guys on the roster too in Lawal and Peacock.

So, mark me down as someone who thinks Tech will finish ahead of BC... comfortably ahead. I think Tech finishes a solid 3rd in the conference.

--Jason "but I am probably wrong" EvansHewitt teams just never win on the road, kind of like Pete Gillen without the three quick timeouts.

Even the year they lost to UCONN in finals in a rematch of game they had won, their ACC record was its usual 8-8 plus or minus 1.

What Riverside said about too many one and done's particularly at PG also hurts team continuity, versus 4 year guys at Siena who is back onthe map the past couple of years too.

ACCBBallFan
08-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Do you see Tulsa as being much improved or Memphis taking a big step back this year? It seems to me that Memphis has some talent this year.Elliott being eligible will help the Tigers but new coach, new system often is an adjustment year. Their home winning streak could be in jeopardy as C-USA teams look for revenge. In either order I suspect these two finish a top of C-USA.

A couple others get an occasional mention

255 CUSA Tulsa -1
193 CUSA Memphis -2

050 CUSA Houston -3
027 CUSA Marshall -4
006 CUSA UTEP -5

0 CUSA E. Carolina
0 CUSA Rice
0 CUSA SMU
0 CUSA So MS
0 CUSA Tulane
0 CUSA UAB
0 CUSA UCF

Waynne
08-29-2009, 09:10 PM
We play at Iowa State on January 6th. Does this have anything to do with our recruitment of Mr. Barnes?

davidsondukefan92
08-30-2009, 12:37 AM
Seriously, why aren't we playing Davidson? And I'd like to see NC Central as well, although I can understand that omission.

I really wish we got a game with duke this year. I always enjoy going to those games.

tbyers11
08-30-2009, 12:23 PM
We play at Iowa State on January 6th. Does this have anything to do with our recruitment of Mr. Barnes?

Doubtful IMO. That game is actually being played at the United Center in Chicago. It is a "senior homecoming" game for Jon Scheyer. Maybe we sought Iowa State to fill the slot as a "local" team because of Harrison Barnes, but with the difficulty of putting a schedule together I'd wager that Iowa State was one of the few BCS conference teams within a couple of 100 miles that had an open date.

coot
09-03-2009, 06:57 AM
Doe's anyone have a link to the MS Outlook file with all the Duke games?

Thanks,
coot

riverside6
09-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Here is the Duke schedule on SCACCHoops.com (http://www.scacchoops.com/schedule.asp?steam=du) where there is a link to download and import into Outlook.

NSDukeFan
09-16-2009, 08:53 AM
Luke Winn at SI feels UNC has the toughest out-of-conference schedule and Duke has the sixth toughest.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/luke_winn/09/15/schedule/index.html?eref=sihp

riverside6
09-16-2009, 01:05 PM
We posted our ranking of toughest IN conference schedules (http://www.scacchoops.com/ToughestSchedule.asp) for the ACC teams. The good news for the Heels, is that they rate out with the easiest conference schedule. Duke has the 3rd toughest.

ACCBBallFan
09-16-2009, 08:57 PM
We posted our ranking of toughest IN conference schedules (http://www.scacchoops.com/ToughestSchedule.asp) for the ACC teams. The good news for the Heels, is that they rate out with the easiest conference schedule. Duke has the 3rd toughest.I looked at your site's results, have not studied the detail yet.

We agree on the top 2 in opposite order GA TEch and Clemson having toughest and on the bottom 2 also in opposite order UC and UVA having the easiest route.

Not a whole lot of agreement in the middle, furthest apart on Wake who I have at 4th toughest and you have at third easiest.

Strength Schedule

946 Clemson

936 GA Tech
926 MD
923 Wake

919 VA Tech
918 BC
910 Duke

894 FSU
887 NC ST

880 Miami
878 UNC

863 UVA

ACCBBallFan
09-16-2009, 09:18 PM
I realize the author is measuring OOC and not overall body of work which I measure.

UNC and Mich St have some of the toughest Overall SOS, but IMO the toughest belongs to Indiana with 20 of their games vs. NCAA tourney teams:

These numbers are a little overstated in all cases since for example in UNC case, all 3 are included though Heels will only one of Syr or Calif, after playing Ohio St, just not known which one. Ditto for Duke who might play UConn or else would play non NCAA team LSU, after non NCAA team AZ St.

Indiana Body of Work:
B10 Michigan St -1 (1) @F16
SEC Kentucky -1 @D12
BE Villanova -1 N22?
B10 Purdue -2 (3) @F04/M02
B10 Michigan-3 (5) @D31/J14
B10 Ohio St. -4 (6) J06/@F10
B10 Minnesota-5 (7) @J17/F20
A10 Dayton -1 N22?
B10 Illinois -6 (9) @J09/J30
ACC GA Tech -5 N22?
BE Pittsburgh -7 D08
B12 Kansas St. -6 N20?
ACC Maryland -7 (12) @D01
B10 Wisc -7 (14) F13/@F25

There are two teams with 18 games: W VA and Clemson

Another 2 with 17: Duke ad Ohio St

GA Tech plays 16 NCAA teams.

Several with 15: Mich St, UNC, Purdue, UConn, Mich, MN, Syracuse TX A&M, FSU, and Wisc

Several more with 14: Nova, Illini, MD, Cincy and Penn St

Kansas Texas Louisville, G-town, BC and others have 13.

Among the weakest UK (8), TN (9), Washington (6), Calif (8) Florida (9) and MS St (5).

UK for example has three highly publicized OOC games but nobody else likely to make the NCAA's except fellow SEC teams

ACC UNC -1 (2) @D05
SEC Tennessee -2 @F13/F27
BE UCONN - 3 D09
BE Louisville -4 @J02
SEC MS St -3 F16
SEC Florida -4 J12/@M07
SEC Mississippi - 5 @F02
SEC So Carolina -6 J26/@F25
SEC LSU -7 F06
SEC Vandy -8 @J30/F20

The problem with this approach is that it weights all NCAA opponents equally rather than giving more credit to a game versus UK for example rather than Wisconsin. Too much work to do all 46 teams for the value derived but I did do the top 32 or so teams visible on same page of my spreadsheet.

Top skews to B10 teams who have a lot of seeds 8 or better;

254 - Indiana
253 - Ohio St
243 - MN
228 - Wisc
218 - Penn St
211 - Michigan
209 - TX A&M
208 - West VA
207 - UNC
197 - Mich St
195 - UCONN, UCLA

Duke is way down the list with respect to only top teams and plays more of the 8 to 12 seed type of teams. Here's the rest of the ACC:

169 - GA Tech
168 - BC
154 - Clemson
131 - MD
122 - Wake
121 - FSU
112 - Duke
104 - UVA
102 - NC ST
095 - VA Tech
089 - Miami FL

So if Seth Greenberg or Frank Haith end up on the bubble again they probably end up in NIT.

jesus_hurley
09-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Apparently a couple of the wisconsin freshman got caught with some stuff that didn't belong to them
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4479424

yancem
10-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Does anyone know how to import the Duke basketball schedule into google calendar without having to type the whole thing in?

Kim*
10-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Does anyone know how to import the Duke basketball schedule into google calendar without having to type the whole thing in?
Ooh I figured it out!

Go to your Calendar page, click "Settings" towards the bottom left corner, then click "Browse Interesting Calendars", then click the "Sports" tab, then "Basketball", then "NCAA Men's Basketball", then obviously scroll down to Duke and subscribe!

yancem
10-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Ooh I figured it out!

Go to your Calendar page, click "Settings" towards the bottom left corner, then click "Browse Interesting Calendars", then click the "Sports" tab, then "Basketball", then "NCAA Men's Basketball", then obviously scroll down to Duke and subscribe!

You are the best!!!! Now let's hope that it will sync properly with my pre.

airowe
10-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Here's a great printable schedule from our friends at Duke Blue Planet:

http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/FileCache/2009/10_October/09-10%20DUKE%20BASKETBALL%20SCHEDULE.pdf

94duke
10-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Nice!
Thanks for the link!

hood7
10-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know a link to an iCalendar schedule for the Devils? Or better yet an iPhone-specific calendar?

Many thanks!