PDA

View Full Version : Duke-Army TV Set

wolfpackdevil
06-04-2009, 09:47 PM
The Duke/Army football game for this year is now all set up.

The Blue Devils and the Black Knights will play on ESPN Classic this year on September the 12th.

another tv game for the devils, hopefully one of many more.

4decadedukie
06-05-2009, 08:58 AM
That’s great news. I attended Army's last game in 2008 -- Army/Navy in Philadelphia -- and, to be charitable, the Black Knights had substantial "challenges." Every season, and every game for that matter, stands alone; however I will boldly suggest this is a Duke victory, even though it is an away game with an extremely partisan and enthusiastic crowd.

OZZIE4DUKE
06-05-2009, 10:24 AM
The Duke/Army football game for this year is now all set up.

The Blue Devils and the Black Knights will play on ESPN Classic this year on September the 12th.

another tv game for the devils, hopefully one of many more.
The live game will be on ESPN Classic? I didn't know they did that in advance of it becoming a classic.

wolfpackdevil
06-05-2009, 12:33 PM
The live game will be on ESPN Classic? I didn't know they did that in advance of it becoming a classic.

Yes. ESPN Classic has done live basketball and football games for the last couple of years.

And I think Duke should have a Win in New York, but the game in Kansas on the other hand.....

-bdbd
06-05-2009, 08:01 PM
And I think Duke should have a Win in New York, but the game in Kansas on the other hand.....

...that makes the KA trip.... A GREAT OPPORTUNITY (for a really big win)!! Wouldn't a 3-0 start and win in KA cement Duke football as "up and coming??" Couldn't but help a few recruits to take notice...

-BDBD :D

Devil in the Blue Dress
06-05-2009, 09:01 PM
...that makes the KA trip.... A GREAT OPPORTUNITY (for a really big win)!! Wouldn't a 3-0 start and win in KA cement Duke football as "up and coming??" Couldn't but help a few recruits to take notice...

-BDBD :D

The first thing that came to mind when I saw this was Kappa Alpha Order.... Wonder where they're going for a road trip? Just shows what association is.....

msdukie
06-05-2009, 11:20 PM
I don't think the game is set yet. Several of the games on Army's website are just listed as ESPNU/ESPN Classic, so it should be on one of the two.

4decadedukie
06-06-2009, 06:23 AM
I don't think the game is set yet. Several of the games on Army's website are just listed as ESPNU/ESPN Classic, so it should be on one of the two.

Mike, not to in any way be overly picky, but I am sure the game is set -- 12 September at Army, time TBD and perhaps ESPN-dependent -- although I agree the details of television coverage are not yet certain (last season, for example, several ESPN-U and ESPN Classic football games received only regional coverage).