PDA

View Full Version : 24- I Did It!!

JasonEvans
04-17-2007, 09:47 AM
I did not watch 24 last night and I have no plans to watch it anytime soon. It was recorded on my TIVO and will stay there until I delete it (or until I run out of space, which is not likely anytime soon). I may revisit the show in a few weeks, perhaps over the summer when there is little else on to watch...

...But, for now, I am not watching 24 and I am quite happy with my decision.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled programming :D

-Jason "the return of Heroes next week will help me fill the 24 void quite nicely!" Evans

bluebear
04-17-2007, 10:10 AM
I did not watch 24 last night and I have no plans to watch it anytime soon. It was recorded on my TIVO and will stay there until I delete it (or until I run out of space, which is not likely anytime soon). I may revisit the show in a few weeks, perhaps over the summer when there is little else on to watch...

...But, for now, I am not watching 24 and I am quite happy with my decision.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled programming :D

-Jason "the return of Heroes next week will help me fill the 24 void quite nicely!" Evans

Very impressive...I managed to do some work during the show but still watched as background...
Without adding any spoilers, the frustrating part for me is the reliance of the writers on last second "surprises" as suspense. Everything that could go wrong, does go wrong at precisely the wrong time. Life is just not that predictably bad...
I guess this has always been a part of 24 but since I have no emotional connection to any of the characters not named Jack this season, it bothers me more now..

snowdenscold
04-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Congratulations Jason, welcome to the club.

I am also super excited about Heroes return next week. I had heard it was good all season and so about 3 weeks ago watched all of them to date in about a two day period. I should have waited longer before doing that! Talk about going into sudden withdrawl...

I hate having to watch TV shows while they still run week to week. I watch The Office, Lost, Heroes and Veronica Mars but would prefer to wait till the season was over and watch all at once. Unfortunately, I hate spoilers and thus try to keep pace if for nothing else than to be able to talk about it with people and not have anything ruined. (thankfully I've held off on VM for season 3 so far - that will change this weekend though)

AtlBluRew
04-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Welcome to the ranks of those who have given up on 24. Now go delete that recording.

OZZIE4DUKE
04-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the ranks of those who have given up on 24. Now go delete that recording.

Go watch it before you delete it. You'll probably feel better about your decision, one way or the other (about giving up 24). Actually, with as much shark jumping as there was last night, there is little question as to what you'll do. As for me, I'll watch Heroes live and then watch 24 following, as there is nothing at all worth watching at 10. Gotta find out how many more CTU agents Jack will kill this season...

A-Tex Devil
04-17-2007, 02:57 PM
So has Jack ever gone rogue twice in one episode before? They can't even fill an hour without repeating plotlines.

johnb
04-17-2007, 06:10 PM
This is a big moment for Jason, and, really, for all of us.

We've watched him admit that he had a serious, uncontrollable problem; that he hoped that something could get him to stop; looked unside himself for the character defects that led to his having to watch fox every monday; and asked for deliverance from 24. I think he now needs to apologize to those he has hurt (e.g., his wife and those of us who he's intrigued into watching the show), and then he should consiider helping us with the same problem.

And don't get too confident; when it comes to 24, it's always one hour at a time

gus
04-17-2007, 08:56 PM
I just got done watching the last episode of season 2 on iTunes. THe last three episodes were only watch through sheer willpower. During the last episode, I asked my partner "we're not downloading season 3, are we?"

I got no response, because she was asleep.

JasonEvans
04-18-2007, 09:23 AM
I just got done watching the last episode of season 2 on iTunes. THe last three episodes were only watch through sheer willpower. During the last episode, I asked my partner "we're not downloading season 3, are we?"

I got no response, because she was asleep.

Wait, are you paying to weatch each episode? Isn't iTunes like $.99 or somethign for each episode?!?!? you are aware you could rent the entire season on DVD from Netflicks or elsewhere for much less, right?

Paying to watch 24-- wow (shakes head) that could be a new form of Bauer torture.

For what it is worth, season 3 is the 2nd best season, in my opinion. Season 2 is really bad.

-Jason "the fist 8 hours or so of Season 1 were are good as it gets for 24... everything since has been waaaaay downhill" Evans

gus
04-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Wait, are you paying to weatch each episode? Isn't iTunes like $.99 or somethign for each episode?!?!? you are aware you could rent the entire season on DVD from Netflicks or elsewhere for much less, right?

Unfortunately Netflix doesn't deliver to Europe.

It's 1.99/episode of TV shows, but we bought a season pass, which reduces the price. We bought the season pass for Lost, in order to be able to watch the season as it progresses, and just got in the habit. But, I agree- iTunes for shows available on DVD is a bad idea.

For what it is worth, season 3 is the 2nd best season, in my opinion. Season 2 is really bad.

-Jason "the fist 8 hours or so of Season 1 were are good as it gets for 24... everything since has been waaaaay downhill" Evans

Season 3 is the 2nd best? Behind Season 1?