PDA

View Full Version : Ned Crotty

JD79
05-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Anyone know why Ned Crotty was not drafted in the recent professional lacrosse draft? Has he decided not to play professionally?

esl
05-28-2009, 04:34 PM
He is coming back next year for his final eligibility.

Bluedog
05-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Not exactly applicable to Ned Crotty, but thought I'd report all the Duke players who were drafted yesterday:

Zack Greer - 3rd overall - Long Island Lizards (did his 5th year at Bryant with Pressler at the helm)
Brad Ross - Second round (15th overall) - Toronto Nationals (better get his passport ready!)
Ryan McFadyen - 4th round (33rd overall) -Washington (DC) Bayhawks

The season has already started so some teams have to boot other players to make room for the draftees.

Good luck guys!

SilkyJ
05-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Not exactly applicable to Ned Crotty, but thought I'd report all the Duke players who were drafted yesterday:

Zack Greer - 3rd overall - Long Island Lizards (did his 5th year at Bryant with Pressler at the helm)
Brad Ross - Second round (15th overall) - Toronto Nationals (better get his passport ready!)

The season has already started so some teams have to boot other players to make room for the draftees.

Good luck guys!

Pretty sure Dino (danowski) plays for his hometown Long Island lizards as well. Guess we'll be seeing more of the Danowski to Greer combo!

godukerocks
05-29-2009, 01:34 AM
Pretty sure Dino (danowski) plays for his hometown Long Island lizards as well. Guess we'll be seeing more of the Danowski to Greer combo!

Oh man, if I ever go to Long Island for whatever reason, I'll be stopping at the Lizards facility for a game or two. I'm ecstatic they're on the same team.

4decadedukie
05-29-2009, 09:49 AM

Yes, he does.

4decadedukie
05-29-2009, 09:57 AM

Good luck guys!

Bluedog, thank you for including Zack Greer in your list. We know he used his final year’s eligibility to play at Bryant with Coach Pressler -- and that's great -- but he did so as a Duke alumnus (Trinity '08).

On a related issue, for some reason I have been irked all season when pundits and broadcasters would inaccurately refer to our alumni, regardless of where they played in 2009, as "fifth year seniors" when, in fact, they were postgraduate students.

Bluedog
05-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Bluedog, thank you for including Zack Greer in your list. We know he used his final year’s eligibility to play at Bryant with Coach Pressler -- and that's great -- but he did so as a Duke alumnus (Trinity '08).

On a related issue, for some reason I have been irked all season when pundits and broadcasters would inaccurately refer to our alumni, regardless of where they played in 2009, as "fifth year seniors" when, in fact, they were postgraduate students.

Yep, I agree. I didn't mean to suggest a fifth year "senior," but rather that he used his "fifth year of eligibility," which is how the news services reported the NCAA decision, e.g. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2887146 Although, it's not even a fifth year of participation since one season was lost; so it really just gave them the opportunity to complete four seasons. But yeah, Greer certainly is in the Duke family and graduated, then went on to pursue a business degree from Bryant (which I assume he completed as I think it's only a one-year program). I'll be watching some MLL action this weekend although neither team (Chicago v. Boston) has any Duke players that I know of, unfortunately....

4decadedukie
05-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Bluedog,

You absolutely did not suggest Greer was a "fifth year senior" and I apologize if my post even suggested that you did. Rather, this is a "general irritant" that I have had for the last two seasons (and, candidly, especially with Quint Kessenich, who has used the term "fifth year senior" repeatedly when referring to Duke student athletes). Warm regards.