PDA

View Full Version : Noel Johnson

rotogod00
05-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Was released from the letter of intent he signed with USC. With a scholarship still open, any chance we make a play for the #3 rated SF?

FireOgilvie
05-27-2009, 05:31 PM
I highly doubt it. I'm thinking he ends up at Georgia Tech.

yancem
05-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Was released from the letter of intent he signed with USC. With a scholarship still open, any chance we make a play for the #3 rated SF?

Where are you getting #3 sf from? Both Scout and Rivals have him ranked in the 10-15 range by position and in the 50's overall. Unless the staff thinks that he can make a solid impact next season, I doubt they would offer him a scholarship. They have bigger fish on the radar for the '10 class.

rotogod00
05-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Where are you getting #3 sf from? Both Scout and Rivals have him ranked in the 10-15 range by position and in the 50's overall. Unless the staff thinks that he can make a solid impact next season, I doubt they would offer him a scholarship. They have bigger fish on the radar for the '10 class.

he's 3rd rated SF and 30th overall on ESPN

SupaDave
05-28-2009, 09:45 AM
he's 3rd rated SF and 30th overall on ESPN

Links?

rotogod00
05-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Links?

It's behind the subscriber wall. But just looked at it again: he's the #3 SF behind Jordan Hamilton and Milton Jennings

FireOgilvie
05-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Links?

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=43360&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d433 60

Someone let me know if it works.

He is rated #3 SF by ESPN, 30 overall.

Disclaimer: I don't trust ESPN's rankings for anything, ever.

chrisheery
05-29-2009, 02:15 AM
and handle it well, especially in the open court while being pressured, I don't know what he would add, as a freshman playing at a stacked position for us, to next years team. I say stacked because we have E Will, Singler, Kelly all potentially playing SF at times next year depending on size and match-ups. Just can't see a guy like this playing much.

rotogod00
05-29-2009, 09:01 AM
and handle it well, especially in the open court while being pressured, I don't know what he would add, as a freshman playing at a stacked position for us, to next years team. I say stacked because we have E Will, Singler, Kelly all potentially playing SF at times next year depending on size and match-ups. Just can't see a guy like this playing much.

think he'd play a bit next year with henderson's defection, but 2010 might be a different story as we're going hard after barnes and we already have dawkins in the fold

wolfpackdevil
05-31-2009, 10:58 PM
Heard from Noel Johnson this weekend. He will be making an unofficial visit to the University of Charlotte this weekend.

interesting..... would be a HUGE pick up for the 49ers

sue71, esq
06-20-2009, 01:24 AM
He's going to Clemson.

Link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4273385)

Bob Green
06-20-2009, 02:05 AM
He's going to Clemson.

This is potentially huge pick-up for Clemson. I'm a big fan of the program Oliver Purnell is building at Clemson so this news makes me happy. Scout.com lists Johnson's strengths as 3-pt range and perimeter shot. He could come in and replace the scoring void created by the graduation of K.C. Rivers and unexpected departure of Terrence Oglesby to Europe. Clemson has some talent returning with Trevor Booker being a force inside so Noel Johnson could turnout to be a sweet addition to the Tigers.

Ignatius07
06-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah this is a major coup for Clemson. With Johnson and Milton Jennings, Clemson is probably the best choice to compete with UNC and Duke in the next few years for top-3 in the ACC. It seems like the third team in the ACC's top three rotates every few years, and with Wake Forest suffering significant defections and not compensating with similar recruiting commitments, Clemson looks like it could be a big player.

Ultrarunner
06-20-2009, 11:41 PM
think he'd play a bit next year with henderson's defection, ...

...but G didn't defect.