PDA

View Full Version : Was Coach G at the WBB banquet?

Kewlswim
04-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Hi,

On Sunday the WBB team had its annual banquet.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=866416

Was Coach G there? I think she is still in Europe, not sure.

GO DUKE!

GopherBlue
04-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Virtually....apparently she sent a video presentation. She is oversees with the National team, including Lindsey Harding and Alana Beard.

Kewlswim
04-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi,

I thought so. I guess it is getting too late in the school year to wait for her to get back, but I would have loved for the "real" Coach G to have attended. I am so profoundly sad about Coach G leaving, Coach Boyle not coming, and the general state of what seems like a flawed search that I at least hope the banquet was a time of unity. Sigh. Maybe I need a vacation to get away from reading about WBB.

GO DUKE!

Tommac
04-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Does anyone know if anything is happening to replace the WBB coach? Since the news of Boyles rejection, no news has come out. It makes me feel uneasy that the Duke AD and the search team aren't doing anything. Usually rumors fly about who is being considered but we haven't heard anything in about a week.

Tommac

Kewlswim
04-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Does anyone know if anything is happening to replace the WBB coach? Since the news of Boyles rejection, no news has come out. It makes me feel uneasy that the Duke AD and the search team aren't doing anything. Usually rumors fly about who is being considered but we haven't heard anything in about a week.

Tommac

Hi,

I asked the same question under another thread. It feels like the search is dead in the water. However, it might not be and a lot of things are happening behind the scenes. I am both uneasy and unhopeful. I have lost confidence and that is a bad feeling.

:-(

GO DUKE!

sanhew
04-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Rob Clough and Orin Day have a short report on the banquet at DWHoops.com. They also note that the search for a coach is "progressing". I trust they know what they are saying.

Kewlswim
04-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Rob Clough and Orin Day have a short report on the banquet at DWHoops.com. They also note that the search for a coach is "progressing". I trust they know what they are saying.

Hi,

I am excited that they seem to think Duke is doing the right things and that the search is progressing. I wish our AD would say something, even just to say he has a timeline in mind, but can't be held to. :(

GO DUKE!

OZZIE4DUKE
04-16-2007, 05:08 PM

Tommac

At last night's banquet, Abby and Emily Waner explained how they had taken control of the team, keeping them organized and contacting the incoming recruits, etc. It has gone so well that the Waner girls will be player/coaches next year and no official coach will be hired. The remaining assistants coaches will handle recruiting next year, and Emily will become head coach after she graduates next season.

Indoor66
04-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Post of the Week. Can't wait for responses....

ehdg
04-16-2007, 11:29 PM
Personally I think we need to fire and hire a new AD before we hire a new Women's BBall coach. I'm not sure I trust our present AD to make the correct hire.

wxyz
04-17-2007, 04:17 PM
At last night's banquet, Abby and Emily Waner explained how they had taken control of the team, keeping them organized and contacting the incoming recruits, etc. It has gone so well that the Waner girls will be player/coaches next year and no official coach will be hired. The remaining assistants coaches will handle recruiting next year, and Emily will become head coach after she graduates next season.

Wonderful plan! Please make it happen. Emily will be great (not kidding).

OZZIE4DUKE
04-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Wonderful plan! Please make it happen. Emily will be great (not kidding).

Well, if I can get myself hired as AD, we'll see.

wilson
04-18-2007, 09:56 AM

If you become AD, can you get me a date with Abby?

CMS2478
04-18-2007, 10:11 AM

And season tickets to both men's and women's games for your old pal' CMS :D