PDA

View Full Version : 4th Football Painting- Individual Series

CameronBornAndBred
05-20-2009, 12:09 AM
This is the 4th painting from the spring game, but the first of a set that will only be single players.

http://wagnerwatercolor.com/images/Duke/ReceiverReadySmall.jpg

gep
05-20-2009, 12:29 AM
This is Great. Can't wait for more :D Thanks for sharing...

FireOgilvie
05-20-2009, 01:29 AM
This is awesome... I think it's the best yet. I love the detail. Great job!

devildeac
05-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Outstanding.

Do you have a canvas large enough for Big Vince?:D

CameronBornAndBred
05-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Outstanding.

Do you have a canvas large enough for Big Vince?:D
I'd have to special order a roll of paper.:cool:

Devil in the Blue Dress
05-20-2009, 05:15 PM
I'd have to special order a roll of paper.:cool:
How about a larger than life portrayal for Vince? I've seen some very large paintings, so there must be sources for such a large works...

CameronBornandBred, your work continues to be incredible. Your use of light and shadings is very unusual and remarkable for watercolor.... a challenging and rather unforgiving medium at best! You create such a vibrancy and life force in your subjects.

Do you paint in any other medium?

CameronBornAndBred
05-20-2009, 05:29 PM
How about a larger than life portrayal for Vince? I've seen some very large paintings, so there must be sources for such a large works...
The problem with very large watercolors is it's almost impossible to frame them. Remember, they are displayed in a matted frame behind glass, so to do anything really large would be extremely fragile and heavy. And also very hard to find the framing materials for.

Do you paint in any other medium?
Nope. I've been painting with watercolors since high school. The schools loved watercolors for art class probably because they were cheap, and my best friend and I (he went to art school for a BFA also) would steal the watercolor trays and use them at home. That's how I got hooked into the medium. When I actually did go and buy my own supplies, watercolors were great, because as I stated, they were cheap. When I was in art school, I had to take one oil painting class. I don't have the patience to wait for oils to dry, it drove me batty. One day while hanging out on the front lawn of the Corcoran, some guy who had obviously stolen a bunch of art supplies from somewhere tried to sell us students all of his goods. I still use brushes today that I bought off that guy 20 years ago! (I have a theme of thievery here, don't get the wrong impression, I buy all my things legitimately now :))

RazzyBailey31
06-04-2009, 03:48 PM
That is gorgeous. Thanks for posting. I'd like to have that framed. Would look great in the living room.

CameronBornAndBred
06-05-2009, 08:31 PM
That is gorgeous. Thanks for posting. I'd like to have that framed. Would look great in the living room.
Thank you very much. I'm not fishing for complements, just sharing, but every one of your 4 sentences are well appreciated. I've been working on the 5th one through a busy two weeks, it will be done tonight. Photo posted tonight or tomorrow.