PDA

View Full Version : Scout's updated TEAM rankings...

sobe
05-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Agree? Disagree? Comments?

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=14&cfg=bb&yr=2009

BlueinBlo
05-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Ya, but it really means nothing seeing we don't know how any of these guys will do in college. Doesn't Duke have three scholarships available?

sobe
05-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Ya, but it really means nothing seeing we don't know how any of these guys will do in college. Doesn't Duke have three scholarships available?

I'm not sure, but there really isn't anything left (other than Wall obviously) except Stephenson and I doubt Duke wants that cancer.

Duke #33
05-17-2009, 02:00 AM
Nice to see that Duke has the highest star average(5), with Kansas and Texas the second best(4.66).

jimsumner
05-17-2009, 02:20 PM
"Doesn't Duke have three scholarships available?"

No. Two. Don't forget to count Curry, who will be on scholarship next season even though he'll be sitting out do to NCAA transfer rules.

But that's a moot point. Wall is the only '09 possibility.

DDB4208
05-17-2009, 07:25 PM
I like Villanova's class the best because all of those guys are staying at least 3 years. An I honestly like our class better then UNC's.

John Henson - will play the 3 but he isn't that effective at that position and he is one and done. Wear Twins- aren't that good. Leslie MacDonald is like a Will Graves IMO and Dexter Strickland is very good.

We have MP2 and RKelly for 4 years. They are both far better than the Wears.

FireOgilvie
05-17-2009, 07:37 PM
We have MP2 and RKelly for 4 years.

Maybe. We'll see.

COYS
05-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Maybe. We'll see.

I'll be perfectly happy if one of them leaves early because it means they will have played their way into the draft, which can only be good for Duke. Neither is really on the NBA radar yet, but if NBA scouts are looking at them after their sophomore and junior years, it's good news for how their Duke careers are going.

miramar
05-17-2009, 10:54 PM
It's pretty good to be in the top 10 with only two players, especially when it will become a three-player class a year from now with Curry. It would obviously be great to move up further with one more recruit...

Rivals has Duke #15 and Carolina #5.

It's also nice to see Indiana in the top 10 in both rankings. That's been a great program and it's good for college basketball to have them coming back.

MJS4Duke11
05-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Its also nice to see 7 ACC schools in the top 25. Annnnd only 5 big east teams... That should say something about where the best talent wants to play along the basketball hotbeds of the east coast.

Memphis Devil
05-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Should Duke land Wall (fingers crossed), do they jump to #1? They will then have 3 players, all top 25 and all 5 star.

Duke #33
05-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Should Duke land Wall (fingers crossed), do they jump to #1? They will then have 3 players, all top 25 and all 5 star.

Doubt it. These rankings value quantity too much. Example: Georgia Tech, they have 1 five star, a couple of 4 star, and 3 three star, and that gives them the #5 ranked class. Texas has 2 five star and 1 four star and they are ranked below(#6) GT. I would much rather have 2 five star and a four star because three stars often are 4 year garbage time players(with an occasional gem). Now with Wall, I think that we would be boosted to top 4.

FireOgilvie
05-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Doubt it. These rankings value quantity too much. Example: Georgia Tech, they have 1 five star, a couple of 4 star, and 3 three star, and that gives them the #5 ranked class. Texas has 2 five star and 1 four star and they are ranked below(#6) GT. I would much rather have 2 five star and a four star because three stars often are 4 year garbage time players(with an occasional gem). Now with Wall, I think that we would be boosted to top 4.

As far as Georgia Tech goes, it's not just quantity, but more about the fact that they have the number 1 overall player and the most dominant big man in the country, Derrick Favors. Texas has two 5 stars, but combined I doubt they'll have the same impact as Favors (for one year at least).

I think you're right about Duke being top 4 with Wall.

Welcome2DaSlopes
05-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Yea i agree with the list Espn really needs to update theres

SupaDave
05-18-2009, 09:56 PM
As far as Georgia Tech goes, it's not just quantity, but more about the fact that they have the number 1 overall player and the most dominant big man in the country, Derrick Favors. Texas has two 5 stars, but combined I doubt they'll have the same impact as Favors (for one year at least).

I think you're right about Duke being top 4 with Wall.

If we get Wall - do any of you really care what our recruiting ranking is?

Duke #33
05-18-2009, 10:25 PM
If we get Wall - do any of you really care what our recruiting ranking is?

Nope

gwwilburn
05-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Agreed. But, from what I've read, the word on the street is that Wall has a short list, and Duke is not on it. So I think we deserve this ranking. Big man problem might now have some solutions. We're still thin at PG.

COYS
05-19-2009, 12:13 AM
Agreed. But, from what I've read, the word on the street is that Wall has a short list, and Duke is not on it. So I think we deserve this ranking. Big man problem might now have some solutions. We're still thin at PG.

I don't think a ranking such as this takes into account the probability of landing other recruits. It only counts recruits in the bag.

rotogod00
05-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Yea i agree with the list Espn really needs to update theres

and here's espn's list (hot off the presses):

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/classrankings?classyear=2009&classmonth=5

FireOgilvie
05-20-2009, 02:46 PM
and here's espn's list (hot off the presses):

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/classrankings?classyear=2009&classmonth=5

ESPN's recruitment coverage is terrible, in my opinion. They have great recruiting write-ups, but as soon as they try to rank anything, just ignore it.