PDA

View Full Version : Women's LAX-2009

blueprofessor
05-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Trailed 7-2 at half and scored 7 straight goals in 2nd half to take lead. Crier's shot to win hits crossbar with 2 secs remaining in regulation.
So close and plenty of guts to roar back in 2nd period. C Davis would have made a difference!:mad:
Best--Blue Prof:)
Link:http://blogs.insidelacrosse.com/2009/05/16/warrior-may-madness-ncaa-womens-lacrosse-quarterfinals-in-game-blog-duke-at-pennsylvania/

devildeac
05-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Their season is over, losing by a goal in OT. To the Quakers. Again. In OT. Again. Curses. Congrats on a good year however. Full story here:http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=3739301

blueprofessor
05-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Duke behind 7-2 at half... roars back with 7 straight goals to lead. Crier's shot hits crossbar with 2 secs left in regulation. C. Davis was missed! Overtime loss.
Inside Lacrosse analysis and play by play:http://blogs.insidelacrosse.com/2009/05/16/warrior-may-madness-ncaa-womens-lacrosse-quarterfinals-in-game-blog-duke-at-pennsylvania/

Best--and thanks for the season Lax babes!Blue Prof:)

Kewlswim
05-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Hi,

Does it seem as if non-revenue Duke teams (men's and women's) are overall better than say in the last 10 years? I almost expect Woman's LAX, Field Hockey, etc. to be in the hunt for ACC and NCAA championships and if they aren't it is like "what happened?" I know we don't have a ton of NCAA championships, but it sure feels as if we are on the doorstep of becoming a juggernaut in most if not all our non-revenue varsity sports. Even baseball seems respectable these days!

It's good to be a Blue Devil.

Congrats Ladies, go get 'em next year, hold your head's up high nothing to be ashamed of!!

GO DUKE!

Indoor66
05-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Hi,

Does it seem as if non-revenue Duke teams (men's and women's) are overall better than say in the last 10 years? I almost expect Woman's LAX, Field Hockey, etc. to be in the hunt for ACC and NCAA championships and if they aren't it is like "what happened?" I know we don't have a ton of NCAA championships, but it sure feels as if we are on the doorstep of becoming a juggernaut in most if not all our non-revenue varsity sports. Even baseball seems respectable these days!

It's good to be a Blue Devil.

Congrats Ladies, go get 'em next year, hold your head's up high nothing to be ashamed of!!

GO DUKE!

I agree with your observations and will ask one question: who was the Athletic Director during that period?

burnspbesq
05-16-2009, 10:19 PM
I agree with your observations and will ask one question: who was the Athletic Director during that period?

Fair point: Alleva made some great hires - Danowski first and foremost, but also Kimel, McNally, Nagel, and others. And his first hire at LSU, Trent Johnson, was just as good.

But Alleva has to answer for McCallie and a succession of football disasters. I wish him nothing but the best, but I think Duke is well rid of him.

captmojo
05-16-2009, 10:19 PM
An excellent season, to be sure. Great effort!

Kewlswim
05-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Fair point: Alleva made some great hires - Danowski first and foremost, but also Kimel, McNally, Nagel, and others. And his first hire at LSU, Trent Johnson, was just as good.

But Alleva has to answer for McCallie and a succession of football disasters. I wish him nothing but the best, but I think Duke is well rid of him.

Hi,

Alleva really wanted Cal's coach to come back to Duke, but she couldn't be pried from that job. Coach G had some personal issues that apparently had something to do with what transpired. Though I don't think Coach P is the best we have ever had, it is unfair to judge her just yet. We need to see what she does in a year or two. I am as critical as anyone, but I want to give her a fair shake before I call for her head, for now just an arm or two will do.

As far as the football disasters. Egads. Though I thought I had skirted the issue all together by specifically writing "non-revenue," furthermore Coach Cut seems so great I don't want to jinx anything. I am so excited about football I can't begin to tell you! I feel we are one or maybe at most two seasons away from really being legitimate bowl contenders. Coach Spurrier once talked about how Duke is the finest education in the South East and how the program can use that to its advantage. I feel that Coach Cut has seen that and is running with it.

GO DUKE!

arnie
05-17-2009, 08:23 AM
Hi,

Alleva really wanted Cal's coach to come back to Duke, but she couldn't be pried from that job. Coach G had some personal issues that apparently had something to do with what transpired. Though I don't think Coach P is the best we have ever had, it is unfair to judge her just yet. We need to see what she does in a year or two. I am as critical as anyone, but I want to give her a fair shake before I call for her head, for now just an arm or two will do.

As far as the football disasters. Egads. Though I thought I had skirted the issue all together by specifically writing "non-revenue," furthermore Coach Cut seems so great I don't want to jinx anything. I am so excited about football I can't begin to tell you! I feel we are one or maybe at most two seasons away from really being legitimate bowl contenders. Coach Spurrier once talked about how Duke is the finest education in the South East and how the program can use that to its advantage. I feel that Coach Cut has seen that and is running with it.

GO DUKE!

Let's see - wasn't there another lacrosse coach that Alleva told "it's not about the truth" and wasn't there another baseball coach that was a total disaster (Mike Easley type stuff). I think JA leaving Duke was the best thing that's happened to our athletic department since 2001.

Kewlswim
05-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Let's see - wasn't there another lacrosse coach that Alleva told "it's not about the truth" and wasn't there another baseball coach that was a total disaster (Mike Easley type stuff). I think JA leaving Duke was the best thing that's happened to our athletic department since 2001.

Hi,

Though on a day when two Duke teams are headed to the Final Four I refuse to be negative about anything. If Alleva had a hand in these teams being successful, "Thank you and good luck at LSU."

GO DUKE!