PDA

View Full Version : Grant Hill on Mike and Mike

Cormac
05-14-2009, 09:28 AM
On Monday, Grant is co-hosting Mike and Mike with Greeny I believe. Just a heads up!

roywhite
05-14-2009, 09:36 AM
On Monday, Grant is co-hosting Mike and Mike with Greeny I believe. Just a heads up!

Has Grant said anything about retiring from the NBA?

He had so many years interrupted by injury, he may enjoy just playing. But Grant is such a capable guy, he'll have plenty to do after playing; I wonder what direction he'll go.

weezie
05-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Good! It will be one of the few times I listen for more than 15 seconds to that show. They are usually ear-bleed terrible.

Azdukefan
05-18-2009, 11:16 AM
I got up at three am (AZ time) and watched all that I could and was pleasantly surprised with how good Grant was on Mike & Mike. Not that I expected him to be bad but it is obvious he has a job waiting for him after his basketball career is over. Someone asked what his intentions are and Grant has made it clear he wants to resign with the Suns (possibly for a multiple year contract 2-3 yrs). While his injuries have hampered his ability to play, it has also extended his career so his body does not have the wear and tear that guys his age would have. Again, I will go on record as saying that there is not a classier guy in pro sports that could have handled the adversities Grant has handled with such grace (not to mention my favorite Dukie ever).

BD80
05-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Grant was great. Some highlights ...

Grant noted that as the Suns captain, he usually greets the other team's best player, and several of them were on the recent US Olympic team, playing for Coach K. He has teased those players that they are now honorary Dukies. Grant attributes some of Melo's improvement to playing for Coach K. He believes several of the Redeem Team improved due to the experience.

Grant was planning on committing to Carolina until taking his official visit to Duke. His Dad convinced him to at least wait to commit to Duke until Dean Smith visited. Turned out Dean visited just to hear Grant inform him that he had decided to go to Duke.

Grant's wife and Shaq's wife have become close friends, and the wives plan events for them, parties and such. Shaq called in for the show, and seemed genuinely fond of Grant and was extremely complimentary. Grant said that Shaq has a couple of sons that can really play basketball, and he wants to hook them up with Coach K and Duke. Shaq laughed and said "no way, they're headed to LSU!"

SilkyJ
05-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Grant was great. Some highlights ...

Great stuff!

Here is a video clip I found on ESPN discussing the last 2 times Grant ever guarded MJ. Kinda cool.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4174512&categoryid=2378529

El_Diablo
05-18-2009, 07:15 PM
They also spent a few minutes going over the play that beat Kentucky in '92. They showed it about 20 times...it was glorious. It was interesting to hear Hill talk about how he thought the game was over as he walked over to the huddle, and how Coach K built up the team's confidence to the point that he was convinced Duke would win as he walked back to inbound the ball.