PDA

View Full Version : 24

JasonEvans
05-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Well, little baby girl, Kim, is back in danger. The show has come full circle.

I sorta hated the fact that when Kim was randomly walking up to a couple in the airport that they were a recognizable actor and actress who I instantly knew would be bad guys there to grab Kim. Sigh. It would have been awesome if the bad guy couple had been wearing a mountain lion Tshirt or something to take us back to Kim's glory years of ridiculous danger ;)

We only have 2 hours left and I love that the somewhat evil First Daughter is going to get in biiiig trouble for all her shady stuff. It is fun to see Aaron have his own story there-- even if he should probably be in a hospital getting that arm looked at.

Tony and his allies almost certainly have an antidote for the virus that they will give to Jack to cure our hero. Even though the bad guys want to save Tony, it would appear that their plans to kill a bunch of innocent people and topple the US government is now pretty much dead in the water.

Well, it has been a strong season of 24, even if it did start to fall apart a bit down the stretch. Anyone else have any thoughts?

--Jason "loving the Janice versus Chloe stuff-- those two need their own show ;) " Evans

bluebear
05-12-2009, 10:38 AM

I sorta hated the fact that when Kim was randomly walking up to a couple in the airport that they were a recognizable actor and actress who I instantly knew would be bad guys there to grab Kim. Sigh. It would have been awesome if the bad guy couple had been wearing a mountain lion Tshirt or something to take us back to Kim's glory years of ridiculous danger ;)

We only have 2 hours left and I love that the somewhat evil First Daughter is going to get in biiiig trouble for all her shady stuff. It is fun to see Aaron have his own story there-- even if he should probably be in a hospital getting that arm looked at.

Tony and his allies almost certainly have an antidote for the virus that they will give to Jack to cure our hero. Even though the bad guys want to save Tony, it would appear that their plans to kill a bunch of innocent people and topple the US government is now pretty much dead in the water.

Well, it has been a strong season of 24, even if it did start to fall apart a bit down the stretch. Anyone else have any thoughts?

--Jason "loving the Janice versus Chloe stuff-- those two need their own show ;) " Evans

I was thinking the full circle thing too..no need for season 8..wrap it up now..
The airport scene was quite a stretch which is not surprising at this point but a lot had to happen to get Kim on video at the right time..
I'm curious to see what the take is on Jack's breakout of Tony from the FBIs perspective--is Jack just crazy from the disease, is Jack trying to free Tony to kill him..And then, what will be the endgame for Tony, Jack, and Kim? I thought this was a decent season. Still way too many plots crammed into a single day (which I think has been the downfall over the past few seasons) but it's been good enough to keep me watching all season..

OZZIE4DUKE
05-12-2009, 10:44 AM

Don't the bad guys want to "eliminate" Tony? I guess if they rescue him, they could use him again, although I doubt Jack would fall for it. ..... Nah, he would.

Didn't I say something about Chloe vs. Janice way back in hour 2 or 3? I believe I did! Cat fight! Cat fight! Could be the most violent fight 24 has ever seen!

OK, I have a question. Jack was further exposed to the biological agent in the Hazmat vehicle. Even assuming it was sealed as airtight as Sue71's cat container ( :D:D ), wouldn't the agent get out when they opened the doors 1 minute later? Doesn't Jack have the stuff all over him when he is hugged by his new love interest/FBI lady and wouldn't she be exposed to it then too, even if she didn't catch a whiff of it when it got out of the vehicle? I don't remember seeing anyone render the agent inert before they opened the door. Did I miss something?

bluebear
05-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Don't the bad guys want to "eliminate" Tony? I guess if they rescue him, they could use him again, although I doubt Jack would fall for it. ..... Nah, he would.

Didn't I say something about Chloe vs. Janice way back in hour 2 or 3? I believe I did! Cat fight! Cat fight! Could be the most violent fight 24 has ever seen!

OK, I have a question. Jack was further exposed to the biological agent in the Hazmat vehicle. Even assuming it was sealed as airtight as Sue71's cat container ( :D:D ), wouldn't the agent get out when they opened the doors 1 minute later? Doesn't Jack have the stuff all over him when he is hugged by his new love interest/FBI lady and wouldn't she be exposed to it then too, even if she didn't catch a whiff of it when it got out of the vehicle? I don't remember seeing anyone render the agent inert before they opened the door. Did I miss something?

I thought he threw the canister into a special glass sealed portion of the van but I could be wrong

OZZIE4DUKE
05-12-2009, 10:49 AM
I thought he threw the canister into a special glass sealed portion of the van but I could be wrong
I thought he just threw it at the front of the rear compartment and he stepped to the back, watching the release while smiling. I didn't see it get contained, and I've already erased it from the DVR.

BlueDevilBaby
05-12-2009, 11:00 AM
He definitely closed bomb doors before it blew, so there should not have been any contamination.

Tom B.
05-12-2009, 11:01 AM

That's correct -- he threw it into a compartment in the back of the van and then slid a glass door shut to seal it off a second before it exploded, so it was contained. Jack wasn't re-exposed.

pfrduke
05-12-2009, 11:18 AM

This may be true, but I think that they'll try to extract the virus from Jack's blood and create a new bioweapon (and then, of course, get foiled in the process). Jack and Kim are going to end up in the same hospital together, he'll be knocked out, and Kim and Walker will find a way to start the treatment that will save Jack.

budwom
05-12-2009, 05:02 PM
It's pretty hard to be fearful of the nasty gas since Big Jack inhaled about a liter of it and he's still going strong, manly enough to punch out Tony.

But major kudos to Kimmy, who may well be abducted, but not multiple times as she was a few years ago.

By the way, which airport were they at when the bad dude with worse hair strangled Jack's pal (who was watching over Kimmy)...? He grabbed him, dragged him the length of the bathroom, throttled him at length, and not a soul wandered by. I like that airport.

Meanwhile, Saucy Agent Renee keeps giving Jack the You Know What Eye.

JasonEvans
05-12-2009, 05:34 PM
By the way, which airport were they at when the bad dude with worse hair strangled Jack's pal (who was watching over Kimmy)...? He grabbed him, dragged him the length of the bathroom, throttled him at length, and not a soul wandered by. I like that airport.

Worth noting that it was 5:45am when Jack's pal got strangled, so it is hardly surprising that the airport was fairly quiet. In fact, my wife and I kept on laughing at how busy it was in most shots considering how early in the morning it was.

Equally funny was the fact that Kimmy's plane was delayed by an hour or two. What time was that flight scheduled to leave anyway, 4am? Has anyone heard of major delays on the first flight of the day when the weather is nice?

--Jason "extracting the poison from Jack's blood... hmm, I like that. As an added bonus, they will probably say the only way to get it out is to cure Jack at the same time" Evans

Maxwell1977
05-12-2009, 06:26 PM
I quit watching 24 a couple of years ago. I decided that I just couldn't watch a show that... {redacted}

NOTE FROM THE MODS-- Lets keep it clean and non-political, ok?

A-Tex Devil
05-12-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm pretty sure what is going to happen -- just to add another twist to the whole thing: Jack will break Tony out, leading to him being a fugitive again. The bad guys in the airport will take Kim with them. Everyone is the same place. The bad guys do some "medical" stuff to Jack. Redhead FBI agent is tipped off somehow that Jack is under duress, finds out where he is, and they do an all out raid.

Jack wakes up, joins the fray, fights Tony to the death. Tony dies. They corner the bad lawyer chick, who rips off her mask revealing she is really Rick Astley, and she/he starts to sing "Never Gonna Give You Up." Everyone has a hearty laugh. Season over.

budwom
05-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Worth noting that it was 5:45am when Jack's pal got strangled, so it is hardly surprising that the airport was fairly quiet. In fact, my wife and I kept on laughing at how busy it was in most shots considering how early in the morning it was.

Equally funny was the fact that Kimmy's plane was delayed by an hour or two. What time was that flight scheduled to leave anyway, 4am? Has anyone heard of major delays on the first flight of the day when the weather is nice?

--Jason "extracting the poison from Jack's blood... hmm, I like that. As an added bonus, they will probably say the only way to get it out is to cure Jack at the same time" Evans

Our little podunk airport in Vermont has 20 flights which leave between 5:30 and 7:45 a.m. each day, and the place is a zoo that early. I guess you big city types have a more leisurely airport situation.

DukeDude
05-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Has anyone heard of major delays on the first flight of the day when the weather is nice?

Sadly, yes. If the scheduled flight crew was so late the previous night that they didn't get their FAA mandated rest period, they will delay a flight while the crew sleeps.

bluebear
05-18-2009, 10:02 PM
This may be true, but I think that they'll try to extract the virus from Jack's blood and create a new bioweapon (and then, of course, get foiled in the process). Jack and Kim are going to end up in the same hospital together, he'll be knocked out, and Kim and Walker will find a way to start the treatment that will save Jack.

arrrr.why did they have to end it like that..

not too far off pfr...

NYC Duke Fan
05-19-2009, 06:46 AM
This is the first time that I can remember that next season will be a continuation of this years. They usually start the season with a whole new story line.

Too many un-answered questions. What is to become of Tony ? Obviously Jack will have a successful stem cell transplant. Who is Alan Wilson and who are the other people involved? Madam President will be back even though we have seen new Presidents each year. Is Oliva out or will she emerge again ?

How come we never saw or heard of a VP this year ?

I hope that the female FBI head will return even though she gave up her badge to presumably begin torture, ( she is quite pleasant to look at I may add).

Does anyone know when 24 returns...I think usually after the Super Bowl, and is next season the last season ?

bluebear
05-19-2009, 07:04 AM
I believe next season is the last one...they used to start in the fall but the last few seasons have started in January so that they can run through uninterrupted..

JasonEvans
05-19-2009, 08:47 AM
This is the first time that I can remember that next season will be a continuation of this years. They usually start the season with a whole new story line.

It was just a couple years ago that the final moments of the episode were Jack being kidnapped by the Chinese. The next season started with the US bargaining to get Jack back from Chinese torture.

--Jason "I long for a season of 24 to include Jack taking a nap" Evans

A-Tex Devil
05-19-2009, 08:48 AM

Not necessarily. They had the year where President Palmer was attacked at the very end of the last episode. They picked up over a year later on that episode and just mentioned the assassination attempt in passing.

My bet is next year starts off some time after this year ended. Jack is better, Kim may be dead or crippled due to the stem cell experiment, but I hope they don't go there. Alan Wilson will have been released because they didn't have anything on him. Tony is still alive too so that door remains open.

I also may not watch. It's the most frustrating show on TV for me by far, and I think I can live with reading TWoP to see what is going on from here on out.

OZZIE4DUKE
05-19-2009, 09:47 AM
I think I can live with reading TWoP to see what is going on from here on out.
What's TWoP? The last time I asked about "OP" it was Original Poster and it was I :eek::D

JasonEvans
05-19-2009, 10:00 AM
What's TWoP? The last time I asked about "OP" it was Original Poster and it was I :eek::D

Television Without Pity -- a website that provides often funny recaps of TV shows. It mocks shows while also being a fan of them. It is a lot of fun. I used to adore their recaps of 24 back in the day. Some of the writers over there are brilliant. They come up with all kinds of nicknames for prominent characters.

I have not checked it out in years, but here is the page (http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/lost/the_incident.php) on the season finale of Lost. I think all they have right now is a "recaplet" as opposed to a full recap because it takes some time to get the full recap written.

--Jason "I think it was 24 that I read over there the most-- I recall good recaps of West Wing too" Evans