PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Taymon Domzalski !

AtlDuke72
05-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Taymon graduated from the Duke Medical School last Sunday. A great accomplishment for sure!

blueprofessor
05-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Taymon graduated from the Duke Medical School last Sunday. A great accomplishment for sure!

He was named the top male student athlete in the country after his senior year at NM Military.He was a pretty good player and was on the all-ACC freshman team.Injuries and better players (he was a good shooter with good rebounding and hands but was not a quick player) were in his way. Still, he was a great teammate and realized he was not to be a star.
He won the Paine Webber national student-athlete of the year in 1998.
He would have played more and well indeed for other ACC teams less talented than Duke and was the subject of Coach Gillen's remark about Duke's talent which left T with less p.t.
Have a magnificent career and protect patients' choice,T.

Best--Blue Prof:)

Indoor66
05-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Congratulations to a very tall doctor! Best wishes for a wonder full career.

roywhite
05-12-2009, 09:38 AM

Are you sure it wasn't just another guy named Taymon Domzalski? Just kidding...good for him and best of luck in his medical career.

Just off the top of my head, don't remember any recent players who became doctors... have to go back to Bob Fleischer, I guess?

Indoor66
05-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Are you sure it wasn't just another guy named Taymon Domzalski? Just kidding...good for him and best of luck in his medical career.

Just off the top of my head, don't remember any recent players who became doctors... have to go back to Bob Fleischer, I guess?

And further back, Jay Buckley.

blueprofessor
05-12-2009, 10:01 AM

Wasn't Jay a Ph.D.( Hopkins), not an M.D.?

Best--Blueprofessor:)

Devil in the Blue Dress
05-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Wasn't Jay a Ph.D.( Hopkins), not an M.D.?

Best--Blueprofessor:)

I think you're correct. Physics was his undergraduate major. His Ph. D. is from Hopkins.

sagegrouse
05-12-2009, 11:00 AM

Jay Buckley, like the Sage Grouse, is not a "real" doctor. He has a PhD in physics from Johns Hopkins University -- impressive nonetheless.

sagegrouse

UrinalCake
05-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Taymon was in my class and I always liked him and wished he could have played more. It seemed like he somehow got in Coach K's doghouse and just couldn't get in the game. Anyways, nice to see him succeeding in other areas.

HK Dukie
05-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Maybe now he'll get his statue without having to wear orange.

Oriole Way
05-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Congrats to Taymon.

Was he ever spotted at Duke games in Cameron over the past few years?

DukePA
05-12-2009, 03:58 PM

Georgia Schweitzer is a Surgery intern and Emily Waner is a medical student at Duke.

coldriver10
05-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Georgia Schweitzer is a Surgery intern and Emily Waner is a medical student at Duke.
Are you sure about Emily? She's not in the directory.

Edit: Did a little searching and found she's in the class of 2013 (the incoming class). Awesome!

BlueintheFace
05-12-2009, 08:56 PM
He would make his way over to Wilson on the occasional Saturday... trust me, he can still throw down!