PDA

View Full Version : John Riek to Mississippi State

roywhite
05-03-2009, 10:38 PM
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox

Before there was John Wall (and en endless thread) there was John Riek.

According to this Goodman column, Riek is likely to end up at Mississippi State, which also appears to be the new destination for Ricardo Sidney.

BlueintheFace
05-04-2009, 12:06 AM
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox

Before there was John Wall (and en endless thread) there was John Riek.

According to this Goodman column, Riek is likely to end up at Mississippi State, which also appears to be the new destination for Ricardo Sidney.

...and TDD imploded

JasonEvans
05-04-2009, 07:31 AM
...and TDD imploded

Wait... do they actually think we should have been involved with this dude? Duke is chock full of big men starting next year.

Also, the other kid is named Renardo Sidney, not Ricardo.

Should I be a little bit surprised that Coach Cal is not getting involved with these kids? I guess with Orton and Cousins he is all set at big men for now.

--Jason "those SEC schools are just oozing with recruiting honesty and ethics" Evans

roywhite
05-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Wait... do they actually think we should have been involved with this dude? Duke is chock full of big men starting next year.

Also, the other kid is named Renardo Sidney, not Ricardo.

Should I be a little bit surprised that Coach Cal is not getting involved with these kids? I guess with Orton and Cousins he is all set at big men for now.

--Jason "those SEC schools are just oozing with recruiting honesty and ethics" Evans

My bad on that first name.

I've seen Sidney play in the Nike Challenge and really didn't like his game very much; doesn't seem to play consistently or well on defense in particular.

But this would be a formidable front line for Mississippi State; they could be the team to beat in the SEC, depending on what happens with Kentucky's NBA early entrants and final recruiting efforts.

slower
08-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Just saw that John Riek (remember him?) has been cleared to play for Miss. State, which means that their frontcourt includes Riek, Jarvis Varnado (nation's leading shotblocker) and Renardo Sidney. If Riek and Sidney live up to their hype - yikes!

DukeBlood
08-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Just saw that John Riek (remember him?) has been cleared to play for Miss. State, which means that their frontcourt includes Riek, Jarvis Varnado (nation's leading shotblocker) and Renardo Sidney. If Riek and Sidney live up to their hype - yikes!

While Renardo has been cleared, he is still being investigated. Who know's how long young Mr. Sidney will hold is collegiate status? I have my guesses whether or not he is guilty or not.

You do bring up a valid point, thats a very good frontcourt. How long will this team hold together?

FireOgilvie
08-27-2009, 01:36 AM
You do bring up a valid point, thats a very good frontcourt. How long will this team hold together?

I'm sure they'll finish the season. I wouldn't be surprised if some things came to light that were discovered after Sidney leaves school at the end of the year (like OJ Mayo).

whereinthehellami
08-27-2009, 08:21 AM
If I remember correctly Sidney has had alot of questions about his effort on and off the court. Wasn't he also the kid who admitted to still sucking his thumb in an interview. Riek is also considered to be quite the project I believe. Sounds like a team ripe for a chemical implosion.