PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Davidson

NovaScotian
05-01-2009, 09:17 AM
I saw on the banquet thread that someone was under the impression he was graduating and not using his fifth year. Can someone confirm this? Without JD our backcourt will be that much thinner, and we'll have no scout team point guard. Also, it will be the first time we're playing without a Davidson in many many years.

Raleighfan
05-01-2009, 09:28 AM
I saw on the banquet thread that someone was under the impression he was graduating and not using his fifth year. Can someone confirm this? Without JD our backcourt will be that much thinner, and we'll have no scout team point guard. Also, it will be the first time we're playing without a Davidson in many many years.

I was at the banquet and as best I understood and recall....K said something about depending on how some recruiting issues turned out, Jordan MAY return to the team while going to grad school at Duke. Not clear whether he's going to grad school regardless of being on BB team. My impression was that this issue was not settled as of last Friday. Sounded like K was thanking Jordan for keeping his options open on behalf of next year's team. Feel free to correct me on this; won't hurt my feelings!

HK Dukie
05-01-2009, 10:35 AM
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Jordan Davidson has allowed to live.

JasonEvans
05-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Any mention of Jordan Davidson immediately takes all of us DBR oldtimers back to what is widely considered the greatest thread in DBR history.

Patrick Davidson is an Urban Legend!!

A while back someone tried to replicate it, but huge sections of it were missing. Luckily, the old DBR archive that Ryan Breen maintains at Snrub.com has it in all its glory.

You can read the whole thing here (http://snrub.com/dbr/30592/). It may take some time, but trust me... it is worth it.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/52223118.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE1851913785885245 A40A659CEC4C8CB6
--Jason "Patrick is shown here anointing JJ with magical shooting abilities" Evans

weezie
05-01-2009, 02:18 PM
After Jordan spoke, K then followed with a speech and revealed that Jordan will be having back surgery this summer. Has this been mentioned here at DBR before? Sorry to repeat if it has.

BD80
05-01-2009, 02:31 PM
After Jordan spoke, K then followed with a speech and revealed that Jordan will be having back surgery this summer. Has this been mentioned here at DBR before? Sorry to repeat if it has.

It may be to bond Adamantium to his skeleton like they did with his brother.

CDu
05-01-2009, 05:37 PM

Regardless of whether Davidson returns, we'll have a scout team PG for practice next year. His name is Seth Curry.

NovaScotian
05-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Regardless of whether Davidson returns, we'll have a scout team PG for practice next year. His name is Seth Curry.

ooh good call.

livehead16
05-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Chris Collins twittered a couple of hours ago:

Happy Graduation Weekend to all Duke Seniors!! Were real proud of our guys- GP, SuperDave, Marty Pottyoose and JD. We will miss them all!

Everyone's certainly treating it as if Jordan is leaving.

(sidenote - love the nickname for Marty.)

speedevil2001
05-08-2009, 10:48 PM

wait a second thats not the same davidson that guarded chris paul?

godukecom
05-08-2009, 11:11 PM
It may be to bond Adamantium to his skeleton like they did with his brother.

He is actually weapon 12