PDA

View Full Version : Duke Athletics Tour Year 2

CLT Devil
04-29-2009, 09:31 AM
I had the chance to see David Cutcliffe speak in Charlotte, at the DAT, for the second year in a row. I can't put in words how much of a fan of his I am. He was engaging, hilarious, motivational and above all committed to Duke Football. He mentioned that many of his coaches had been offered jobs by other schools and the NFL, but they turned down because they like who they are working with. One way he has been able to lure big time recruits is the resume of his staff...the Dolphins, the Browns, the Jets, Ala, Tenn, etc. This year is the first year the whole staff has remained intact after through the offseason in 15 years. Also...he said the bathrooms are very nice :)

After hearing him speak, you can feel his energy and commitment to do the things 'the right way.' The man oozes integrity. He says there are 4 F's that he incorporates into his young men, in this order:
Faith
Family
Future
Football

If the DAT is coming to a city near you I encourage you to go.

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-29-2009, 06:48 PM
I had the chance to see David Cutcliffe speak in Charlotte, at the DAT, for the second year in a row. I can't put in words how much of a fan of his I am. He was engaging, hilarious, motivational and above all committed to Duke Football. He mentioned that many of his coaches had been offered jobs by other schools and the NFL, but they turned down because they like who they are working with. One way he has been able to lure big time recruits is the resume of his staff...the Dolphins, the Browns, the Jets, Ala, Tenn, etc. This year is the first year the whole staff has remained intact after through the offseason in 15 years. Also...he said the bathrooms are very nice :)

After hearing him speak, you can feel his energy and commitment to do the things 'the right way.' The man oozes integrity. He says there are 4 F's that he incorporates into his young men, in this order:
Faith
Family
Future
Football

If the DAT is coming to a city near you I encourage you to go.
I'm looking forward to his stop in Greensboro. You're right about what a good fit he is for Duke..... we are so fortunate that he's our head coach and that there is such a high level of loyalty among the staff.

Can't wait for the first game this fall! GO DUKE!