PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Henry And His Brother To Kansas

NYC Duke Fan
04-22-2009, 02:42 PM
On Fox Sports Internet they reported that Xavier Henry and his brother had spurned Coach Calipari and were committing to Kansas. With virtually everyone returning and Kansas in this years Sweet 16, they could very well be the pre-season favorite .

gotham devil
04-22-2009, 02:53 PM
On Fox Sports Internet they reported that Xavier Henry and his brother had spurned Coach Calipari and were committing to Kansas. With virtually everyone returning and Kansas in this years Sweet 16, they could very well be the pre-season favorite .

It'll be interesting to see if this creates a scenario whereby Wall heads to Duke and Stephenson winds up at St. John's, while the initial shine comes off of the great Calipari in the eyes of the UK fans.

ScreechTDX1847
04-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Calipari will make that program successful; unfortunately.

Recruiting violations ajar!

freedevil
04-22-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't lightly give Calipari credit or the benefit of the doubt (or whatever the proper thing is that I'm giving him), but he stated multiple times on national television - I saw him he say it explicitly on PTI - that he "hoped" the players who signed LOIs with Memphis would go to Memphis. Granted, he appeared to make a distinction without a difference when it came to DeMarcus Cousins (who only verbally committed to Memphis), so I'll concede he's not totally un-sleazy in this affair...

But, it would've looked twice as bad for him vis-a-vis Memphis had all of these signed players with opt-outs in their LOIs followed him to Kentucky. I'm willing to bet he's relieved these guys are not considering the Commonwealth. Just my two cents.

crimsonandblue
04-22-2009, 05:13 PM
A Memphis regular on the KU Scout premium board has indicated that Darnell Dodson, a small forward who was a non-qualifier at Pitt and ended up at Miami-Dade Juco, signed with Memphis but will follow Cal to Kentucky. That's just a rumor at this point, but the poster's supposedly connected at Memphis.

Will Coleman has confirmed his commitment to Memphis. Nolan Dennis is looking around and not expected to come to Memphis, but also not Kentucky. Obviously, the Henrys, including CJ who just spent a year as a walkon at Memphis, are all heading to Lawrence. Chances at Cousins or Wall are out the window. Basically, Memphis's whole class has disintegrated. Heck, practically the whole team, with Evans, Dozier, Anderson, Henry and Taggart exiting...

gotham devil
04-22-2009, 06:38 PM
A Memphis regular on the KU Scout premium board has indicated that Darnell Dodson, a small forward who was a non-qualifier at Pitt and ended up at Miami-Dade Juco, signed with Memphis but will follow Cal to Kentucky. That's just a rumor at this point, but the poster's supposedly connected at Memphis.

Will Coleman has confirmed his commitment to Memphis. Nolan Dennis is looking around and not expected to come to Memphis, but also not Kentucky. Obviously, the Henrys, including CJ who just spent a year as a walkon at Memphis, are all heading to Lawrence. Chances at Cousins or Wall are out the window. Basically, Memphis's whole class has disintegrated. Heck, practically the whole team, with Evans, Dozier, Anderson, Henry and Taggart exiting...

http://new.kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=17950

Dodson, the prior Memphis commit, is also following Calipari to Lexington, KY.

geraldsneighbor
04-22-2009, 06:46 PM
How many scholarships does UK have left?

mph
04-22-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm willing to bet he's relieved these guys are not considering the Commonwealth.

I didn't realize any of these guys were considering UVa.:D

Indoor66
04-22-2009, 07:10 PM
I didn't realize any of these guys were considering UVa.:D

Or UMass.

BD80
04-22-2009, 07:15 PM
How many scholarships does UK have left?

How many do they need? :)

Oriole Way
04-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Is Henry considered a one-and-done? Could this affect Harrison Barnes' decision in any way?

UrinalCake
04-24-2009, 05:49 AM
Has Memphis even hired another head coach yet?

Duke #33
04-25-2009, 02:21 AM
Has Memphis even hired another head coach yet?

They hired Josh Pastner. I think he was already an assistant, but
I'm not sure. He was one of Calipari's best recruiter. He is towards the bottom of the link. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news;_ylt=AlxAEsbSVTeN84pl9rYdfzzevbYF?slug=jn-coachinghires042209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

crimsonandblue
04-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Is Henry considered a one-and-done? Could this affect Harrison Barnes' decision in any way?

He certainly wants to be one and done. We'll see if that's realistic. He'll likely be the third scoring option at best behind Collins and Aldrich.

SupaDave
04-26-2009, 01:21 PM

Is it just me or did most of you miss the point of THIS thread? Let's see here. Hmmmm... Because THIS is what I was coming to this thread to see...

Kansas just got CJ Henry and Xavier Henry. Oh? You're talking Sweet 16 returnees? So what? Duke did the same and people still aren't fawning all over us - and we are in position to lose our most explosive player.

Well let me see what all the bru ha ha is about with this Kansas team.

We know about the Henry brothers - who may or may not be great basketball players.

Oh my goodness! Not only do they get Sherron Collins back but a bevy of 4 star talent that includes Big 12 all-rookie team members Marcus Morris and Tyshawn Taylor. The Morris Twins. Am I missing someone? Oh yeah - Cole Aldrich! Holy smokes! This team is about to be loaded.

They've got a pretty decent coach too.

They're big, deep, experienced at guard and center, fast, athletic, and in my opinion should be the favorite for a National Championship. Yes - that's them. There should be no question - based on talent. But that's why we play the game!