PDA

View Full Version : Painter backs out of Florida commit

Icarus09
04-07-2009, 10:36 PM
(VA Preps is reporting Deshawn Painter is no longer going to Florida by the way.)

Not to get off topic, but his this true? He signed a LOI I thought. Is there any speculation on whether Duke would be interested in him. I remember at speculation a long time ago but I don't think we came close to offering and I guess I don't know whether it would be a smart idea now with so many offers out.

DUKIE V(A)
04-08-2009, 08:26 AM
RE: Painter...I am just reporting what Virginiapreps.com reported...That he is no longer going to Florida...I do not have ANY inside information (nor have I been able to find another source for this information)...I am not in any way claiming he could or should be a Duke target...I was just trying to make the point that lots can happen...Somebody is going to want Painter (if VA Preps is accurate in their report)...Will that create some type of domino effect that may impact Duke? Who knows?...But there are lots of possible shake-ups with all the coaching changes and players changing their minds...I guess I am hopeful, but even if nothing happens on the adding a recruit front for 2009and G leaves, we still have a lot of talent on this team. I also can see lots of potential for growth and am particularly excited to see how much better Williams, Smith, Scheyer, and Singler are going to get.

DUKIE V(A)
04-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Here is a link for the Orlando paper on Painter. It basically reports what VAPreps reported. Others are now reporting this as well. Interesting that it may open up the possibility of Bledsoe going to Florida even if Nick C decides to come back to Florida instead of going pro.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2009/04/florida-gators-to-lose-2009-signee-deshawn-painter-.html

DUKIE V(A)
04-08-2009, 08:41 AM
My bad...If Painter is gone AND Nick C leaves, Bledsoe is a Florida possibility.

Maxwell1977
04-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Here is a link for the Orlando paper on Painter. It basically reports what VAPreps reported. Others are now reporting this as well. Interesting that it may open up the possibility of Bledsoe going to Florida even if Nick C decides to come back to Florida instead of going pro.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_uf/2009/04/florida-gators-to-lose-2009-signee-deshawn-painter-.html

One of the comments implies that he might recommit if Donovan leaves. What's that all about?

Franzez
04-08-2009, 10:00 AM
One of the comments implies that he might recommit if Donovan leaves. What's that all about?
I've heard the same thing, it looks like Painter likes Florida Gators basketball & the school but does not like Donovan.:confused:

According to Florida fans, Donovan threatened to pull his scholarship previously,then Painter decommits, now Donovan has pulled his scholarship.

Icarus09
04-08-2009, 11:12 AM
That article was written before Cal went to UK. Donovan was being considered before he expressed that he wasn't interested.

poobear
04-08-2009, 11:26 AM
On the Fla. rivals board it was stated that he was going back to prep school for a year,maybe because of grades?
I don't know if this is true but I did see it on their board last night.

Icarus09
04-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Does anyone remember if we decided not to pursue him or if he decided he wasn't interested in us?

Hancock 4 Duke
04-08-2009, 01:16 PM
There hasn't been much talk about him, but we really don't need top recruit him. We already have two Power Forwards and if we got another, he is sure to not get much PT. We can let this one slide.

DDB4208
04-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Does anyone remember if we decided not to pursue him or if he decided he wasn't interested in us?

We never offered him but we pursued him and he decided he wasn't interested in us. He has no interest in Duke because he left Florida in the first place because of playing time (http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/?p=3083). Indiana is now recruiting him and he prob will get PT their.

BD80
04-11-2009, 05:22 PM
I tend to root for the guys we have recruited, unless they go to hated schools - unc, UK, Georgetown. I would also like to see Indiana back to being relevant, so I hope he does go to IU ...

unless Collins goes to Xavier, I'd really root for Painter there!