PDA

View Full Version : Comcast

BlueDevilBaby
04-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Anybody with Comcast having problems lately? My picture freezes for a few seconds and then skips to the current spot in the show. Last week, I could only watch 24 on fast. If I just played it, it froze completely. Then last night, I go up to bed at about 11:15 and turn on the TV for a few minutes. Cupid is playing. I think, that is really wierd since it's after 11pm. Of course, it eventually freezes too. The night before I call Comcast to complain - she says 24 was a network error and I should just change the channel and change it back when it gets stuck. So last night I change the channel. When I change back, the news was on and Cupid was gone. That's even with a Tivo and not a cable box (like I have downstairs). I'm pretty patient but I'm getting more and more frustrated. I know Comcast stinks, but was she full of complete crud? Anybody else having this problem?

Indoor66
04-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Anybody with Comcast having problems lately? My picture freezes for a few seconds and then skips to the current spot in the show. Last week, I could only watch 24 on fast. If I just played it, it froze completely. Then last night, I go up to bed at about 11:15 and turn on the TV for a few minutes. Cupid is playing. I think, that is really wierd since it's after 11pm. Of course, it eventually freezes too. The night before I call Comcast to complain - she says 24 was a network error and I should just change the channel and change it back when it gets stuck. So last night I change the channel. When I change back, the news was on and Cupid was gone. That's even with a Tivo and not a cable box (like I have downstairs). I'm pretty patient but I'm getting more and more frustrated. I know Comcast stinks, but was she full of complete crud? Anybody else having this problem?

No problem with Comcast out of Pompano Beach, FL.

BlueDevilBaby
04-08-2009, 09:21 AM
I should add I'm in northern Virginia.

Cormac
04-08-2009, 09:27 AM
I should add I'm in northern Virginia.

I am also in northern Virginia, and while I haven't noticed anything as severe as you, my cable does kind of "stutter" once in awhile. I'm not really sure how else to describe it. Its kind of jittery at times. It doesn't usually freeze or anything like that though. This is a recent development with my Comcast as well. I Tivo'd Eleventh Hour last week and the sound kept going out for the first 30 minutes of it or so as well. Its definitely annoying, but still tolerable so far.....

HaveFunExpectToWin
04-08-2009, 11:03 AM
You might want to check the Comcast forums here:
http://www.dslreports.com/forums/53

AnimalFriendly
04-08-2009, 04:38 PM
I live in Silver Spring, MD and have Comcast - VERY temporarily I might add - while I'm in a furnished apartment waiting for extensive water damage repairs to be completed at my place. I am having this exact same problem only much worse - my DVR HD cable box from Comcast constantly freezes up - you cannot even change channels by pressing the buttons on the box itself, let alone by using the remote. I just cannot believe how bad Comcast is. I will never, ever use them again - I'm switching to Direct TV, or hopefully Verizon FIOS, once I get resettled. No wonder there'a Comcast Must Die blog and no wonder it was featured on the cover of Business Week.

OZZIE4DUKE
04-08-2009, 05:02 PM
You might find this market data interesting.

http://www.changewave.com/assets/subscriber/cwia_alliancechart_4-7-09c.gif

Maxwell1977
04-08-2009, 05:02 PM
I live in Silver Spring, MD and have Comcast - VERY temporarily I might add - while I'm in a furnished apartment waiting for extensive water damage repairs to be completed at my place. I am having this exact same problem only much worse - my DVR HD cable box from Comcast constantly freezes up - you cannot even change channels by pressing the buttons on the box itself, let alone by using the remote. I just cannot believe how bad Comcast is. I will never, ever use them again - I'm switching to Direct TV, or hopefully Verizon FIOS, once I get resettled. No wonder there'a Comcast Must Die blog and no wonder it was featured on the cover of Business Week.

Swap it out. They're cheap computers. The HDs don't last forever. Comcast here doesn't require a service call. You can take the DVR to the service center.