rotogod00
04-08-2009, 08:38 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=4051615

brooknon
04-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Shocker...

allenmurray
04-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Cousins never really committed to Memphis at all - he committed to Calipari.

BlueinBlo
04-08-2009, 10:40 AM
I think thats all they'll get. Henry is most likely going to Kansas. Meeks might be leaving. If I was Wall I would just take my name out of there consideration because with only Cousins and maybe Patterson/Meeks they don't look to good to win it next year.

Icarus09
04-08-2009, 10:47 AM
I think thats all they'll get. Henry is most likely going to Kansas. Meeks might be leaving. If I was Wall I would just take my name out of there consideration because with only Cousins and maybe Patterson/Meeks they don't look to good to win it next year.

I just hope this helps us more than UNC

SupaDave
04-08-2009, 10:55 AM

I don't think anyone penciled Kentucky in for any big wins next year...

CDu
04-08-2009, 11:18 AM

Be careful what you wish for. Wall turning down UK doesn't necessarily mean we're any more likely to get him. It may just mean he goes to UNC instead. I'd much rather have Wall at UK than UNC.

JasonEvans
04-08-2009, 11:18 AM

Kentucky had a nice recruiting class coming in. It was headlined by top 20 big man Daniel Orton and top 35 wing John Hood. There were also 3 lower-rated players who were all chased off a few days ago when Calipari took the job.

Even if they lose Patterson, they will have Orton and Cousins on the front line. Both guys will be freshmen, which makes it hard to figure out how good they will be and the such, but that is two highly regarded big men.

Of course, losing Meeks would make the backcourt somewhat bare. Hood is a nice player, but probably not an immediate impact kid on a top team. There are a couple other decent players on the roster -- I think freshmen Dandre Liggins and Darius Miller will turn into good players down the road. Also, Kentucky will return 3 junior starters (Porter, Stevenson, and Harris) who will now be seniors and quite experienced. Of course, the problem is that none of them are really all that good.

Even if they do not land Wall (they are still involved with Bledsoe, by the way), Kentucky will be ok next year. I see them as a bubble team. Calipari's run and play hard D magic may make them into a decent NCAA team. But, there is no way they will be a top seed or a real Final Four contender unless something quite surprising happens.

-Jason "if Meeks and Patterson come back and Wall arrives, that would make them a top 25 team, IMO" Evans

CDu
04-08-2009, 11:23 AM
-Jason "if Meeks and Patterson come back and Wall arrives, that would make them a top 25 team, IMO" Evans

I'd say they'd be better than a Top-25 team if they get Wall and Cousins AND Meeks and Patterson return. That's a lot of talent and a lot of talented big men, with some decent experience mixed with freshmen.