PDA

View Full Version : Maggette drops 39, Brand 32 against the Lakers

dukeENG2003
04-13-2007, 09:22 AM
So, its not 50 like Kobe had, but Duke west pulls out the win with solid performances from two former Duke players

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270412013

IceyTundra
04-13-2007, 09:46 AM
Not only did he drop 39 points, he had eight boards and an impressive 9 assists. great overall performance and i was stunned by the assists as I dont normally put Maggette and unselfish in the same sentence.

anyone know why Ewing didnt play?

CDu
04-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Not only did he drop 39 points, he had eight boards and an impressive 9 assists. great overall performance and i was stunned by the assists as I dont normally put Maggette and unselfish in the same sentence.

anyone know why Ewing didnt play?

Ewing has sat out about 20 games this year, and only averages 12 mpg when he does play, so his not playing is not really a shock. He's already behind Cassell, the recently-acquired Hart, and Mobley on the depth chart at guard, and Maggette can get minutes at shooting guard as well.

Ewing's minutes have come in spurts this year, as a fill-in for the injured Cassell (early in the season) and Livingston (late in the season). The Clippers acquired Hart a few weeks ago, and Cassell came back last night. So that squeezed Ewing's minutes.

SilkyJ
04-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Ewing has sat out about 20 games this year, and only averages 12 mpg when he does play, so his not playing is not really a shock. He's already behind Cassell, the recently-acquired Hart, and Mobley on the depth chart at guard, and Maggette can get minutes at shooting guard as well.

Ewing's minutes have come in spurts this year, as a fill-in for the injured Cassell (early in the season) and Livingston (late in the season). The Clippers acquired Hart a few weeks ago, and Cassell came back last night. So that squeezed Ewing's minutes.

CDu is 100% correct. I follow Ewing's PT pretty closely and since the Clips lost Livingston and Cassell they would basically go 8 deep with Ewing being the only Guard to come off the bench (they play him at PG). With Cassell coming back they basically keep that same 8 man rotation and drop Ewing in favor of Cassell.

dukemomLA
04-18-2007, 02:55 PM
As an LA person, I was thrilled to be there for this game! Brand and Maggette have been solid all year... (I hope Corey and coach D work out their differences NOW and forever). Ewing has been productive when given the chance. S. Livingston has been amazing as a straight-from-HS player. (Damn, I wish he'd spent a year or two at Duke). Keep good thoughts for the Clippers making the play-offs. If they do, they'll surprise a few folk!

tombrady
04-18-2007, 04:03 PM
As an LA person, I was thrilled to be there for this game! Brand and Maggette have been solid all year... (I hope Corey and coach D work out their differences NOW and forever). Ewing has been productive when given the chance. S. Livingston has been amazing as a straight-from-HS player. (Damn, I wish he'd spent a year or two at Duke). Keep good thoughts for the Clippers making the play-offs. If they do, they'll surprise a few folk!

Wait, what? "S. Livingston has been amazing"??? Maybe you'd say had been, given that he's very much out for the year and perhaps much longer. But even then, he wasn't very good when he was healthy this year. 9 Pts, 5 Ast, 1 Stl, when added to 31% 3PT shooting (46% overall) and 70% FT shooting, isn't exactly "amazing" for your starting point guard.

ikiru36
04-18-2007, 04:12 PM

As a Bay Area folk, I'm in a terrible position. I like the Clips, especially with their Duke ties, but the Warriors are a lot of fun and playing inspired hoops of late and it has been 13 years! I just wish that the Lakers hadn't clinched so that the Clips and Warriors could both make it, as they are both exciting young teams who match-up decently with Dallas and Phoenix. (and perhaps, if the Lakers missed the playoffs, they'd be willing to part with Bynum and get KG, making for one heck of an entertaining Pacific Division next year.)

Clipsfan
04-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Wait, what? "S. Livingston has been amazing"??? Maybe you'd say had been, given that he's very much out for the year and perhaps much longer. But even then, he wasn't very good when he was healthy this year. 9 Pts, 5 Ast, 1 Stl, when added to 31% 3PT shooting (46% overall) and 70% FT shooting, isn't exactly "amazing" for your starting point guard.

I think you should realize that the poster you quote doesn't really have a clue. Among other things, she also says that Ewing has been good this year, despite the fact that the Clippers had to get Hart due to Ewings inadequacies. I like Ewing a lot, but he hasn't been cutting it at PG for the Clips.

I did like that Brand called out his team after their loss a couple days ago, and it had some effect as they beat a Suns team that was trying to win last night (playing their starters normal minutes despite having nothing to play for). I wish that Dallas hadn't just rolled over for GS, as I think that GS should beat Portland tonight, eliminating the Clips in the process.

Kewlswim
04-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Hi,

Well, I love ex-Duke players, but I am a long-time Warrior fan and so I am excited that the Warriors are finally in the playoffs.

GO WARRIORS!

GO DUKE!

:D

JJweMISSu
04-19-2007, 12:02 PM

I agree with you, but you forgot one thing, hes pretty much done because all though surgurys will neevr make him the same

Kewlswim
04-19-2007, 01:45 PM
I agree with you, but you forgot one thing, hes pretty much done because all though surgurys will neevr make him the same

Hi,

Once Livingston went pro did he lose the right to come to Duke without re-applying or is he pretty much just a kid who needs to apply to get back into the school?

GO DUKE!