PDA

View Full Version : K's Current Whereabouts

dukemsu
04-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Anyone know if K is in Detroit? If he is, he is keeping a seriously low profile. The only Duke sighting I've heard in Detroit/Windsor was a friend of mine who supposedly saw Laettner wandering around Greektown by himself.

I know K usually hosts some sort of alumni dinner. Just wondering if anyone knows if the Devils are in town.

dukemsu

Newton_14
04-05-2009, 09:20 PM
I would hope he is somewhere on the recruiting trail working hard to sign more kids. Although I thought I saw it somewhere that this is the middle of a 1 week dead period for face to face visits. I do hope he is using this time to focus on recruiting though...

godukecom
04-05-2009, 09:23 PM
He is looking for a michigan state sticker to wear to the game tomorrow

El_Diablo
04-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Playing Guitar Hero?

rthomas
04-05-2009, 10:00 PM
I hope he's on a beach.

Jarhead
04-06-2009, 06:33 AM
Don't the coaches have some sort of an annual meeting at the Final Four?

Brian913
04-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Don't the coaches have some sort of an annual meeting at the Final Four?

The NABC convention is at the FF every year. I'm sure he's there.

dukelifer
04-06-2009, 07:04 AM
I think he is coaching a club team in Poland to make a few bucks- hey, the economy is affecting everybody.Poland

davekay1971
04-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Hopefully in John Wall's living room.

Olympic Fan
04-06-2009, 11:27 AM
The one place K has not been this weekend is on the recruiting trail.

The Final Four is an absolute dead period for recruiting. They had to put in that rule to protect attendence at the NABC Convention, which is held at the same time.

K has always been very active in the NABC, so I'm sure he was in attendence.

Not sure exactly when the dead period ends these days -- it used to be on Sunday after the semifinals. The NABC Convention ends Saturday ... one year I had to get out of San Antonio early and got a before-dawn flight on Sunday morning -- it was packed with coaches (I sat next to a very sleepy Lefty Driesell!).

BD80
04-06-2009, 11:32 AM
The one place K has not been this weekend is on the recruiting trail.

The Final Four is an absolute dead period for recruiting. They had to put in that rule to protect attendence at the NABC Convention, which is held at the same time. ...

So dead that the phone calls to Wall last week from K and 'ol Roy were improper?

Icarus09
04-06-2009, 01:13 PM
So dead that the phone calls to Wall last week from K and 'ol Roy were improper?

It was said in some of the articles about UNC contacting Wall that the call was not in violation of any rules, that would be a pretty stupid decision to make when Wall's situation is up in the air.

hurleyfor3
04-06-2009, 01:29 PM
He's probably seeing the beach (http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1139807/index.htm).

That article should brighten your day. You're welcome.

jv001
04-06-2009, 02:25 PM
He's probably seeing the beach (http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1139807/index.htm).

That article should brighten your day. You're welcome.

Thanks for the article hurlyfor3. That cheered me up some. I watched the 04 U-Conn game on ESPNC and that was painful to watch. To see how we played the last few mins. Some awful shots by Deng and Ewing. That one should be in the record books. But who knows we might have lost to GA. Tech in the championship. Once again thanks for the article. Go Duke!