PDA

View Full Version : Women's Final Four

OZZIE4DUKE
04-05-2009, 07:30 PM
I just turned on ESPN and the women's semifinal game is on. There is a wide (Duke) blue swath cutting from just inside half court sideline to beyond the basket diagonally cutting across the lane, with a lighter shade of blue swath outside that. When I first saw it, it sure looked to me like the sideline was closing in. I wonder if the unusual coloration on the court is going to, at some point, confuse a player dribbling with the ball and make them think they are heading out of bounds.

OK, I just saw a wide view of the court and it is a "representation" of the St. Louis Arch, extending from basket to basket with the apex in front of the scorer's table. Very unusual; it looks exactly like the Duke Blue sideline and endcourt lines.

throatybeard
04-05-2009, 07:32 PM
I usually don't go for silly stuff painted on the floor, but I love it! Basketball by Eero Saarinen.

ETA: Courtney Paris is a BIG gal.

geraldsneighbor
04-05-2009, 07:40 PM
This looks absurd. Way to big of a logo. Thankfully it isn't a sticker though.

roywhite
04-05-2009, 07:49 PM
This looks absurd. Way to big of a logo. Thankfully it isn't a sticker though.

Not much different than many NBA courts. I do prefer the clean and simple look myself.

CameronBornAndBred
04-05-2009, 08:38 PM
I can see how it might be confusing, but I doubt it will. I love the design, by the way.

captmojo
04-05-2009, 09:32 PM
It's dumb. Plain answer.

It would be so easy to make an arch out of the 3 point line on both ends. The way they decided to do it reeks of confusion. Bad idea.

2500/2000 points/rebounds career for Courtney Paris is outstanding performance.
Stupid question about her scholly payback post-game, on the court. The school has made it clear that they won't take her money. Why can't reporters take a hint?

Before I forget, GO CARDINAL!

CameronBornAndBred
04-05-2009, 09:32 PM
I love the quote that the Louisville player had (I didn't catch her name, she was player of the game) after they beat Oklahoma.
"We don't have one high school american on our team and we have done what nobody expected".
Something to think about when it comes to recruiting.

KenTankerous
04-05-2009, 10:10 PM
I thought it looked like a virtual graphic. Is it really on the court?

Cameron
04-05-2009, 10:16 PM
The arch on the court was cool.

After the duds the men's NCAA put on all of its carbon copy courts this March, the women's Final Four court tonight was refreshing.

The plain courts with the black baselines and blue city names were just awful. Shame on the NCAA for taking the character away from the courts. The court out in Boise, for example, had been orange and blue for years, and was a Tournament icon of sorts. You just knew that game was out in Boise when seeing the blue and orange court each year.

Then again, I was furious to see the classic green and purple court taken away from the Coliseum. Ah well, life will continue.

We have a few bigger things to worry about around here, I think. Like Gerald all but having his bags packed with his agent's card sitting on top.

Duvall
04-05-2009, 11:45 PM
I love the quote that the Louisville player had (I didn't catch her name, she was player of the game) after they beat Oklahoma.
"We don't have one high school american on our team and we have done what nobody expected".

The value of recruiting will be made abundantly clear Tuesday night.

Duvall
04-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Men's Division I Championship Final:

North Carolina vs. Michigan State

Last Meeting: North Carolina 98, Michigan State 63

Women's Division I Championship Final:

Connecticut vs. Louisville

Last Meeting: Connecticut 75, Louisville 36

I, for one, am quivering with anticipation.

eddiehaskell
04-06-2009, 12:37 AM
Men's Division I Championship Final:

North Carolina vs. Michigan State

Last Meeting: North Carolina 98, Michigan State 63

Women's Division I Championship Final:

Connecticut vs. Louisville

Last Meeting: Connecticut 75, Louisville 36

I, for one, am quivering with anticipation.:D:D:D Post of the month!

LetItBD08
04-06-2009, 12:49 AM
Unfortunately all I keep on thinking about is WBB 2007: Regular Season- Duke 85 Rutgers 45...Sweet 16- Rutgers 53 Duke 52

Hopefully this portends similarly for our friends down the road and up in Storrs.

AtlBluRew
04-06-2009, 12:54 AM
Johnny Dawkins was at the Semifinals in support of the Stanford women's program. Too bad he couldn't suit up for them ... they needed some help in the guard play! BTW the Stanford band was really fun to watch.

throatybeard
04-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Since OU lost, the ticket market is flooded, so I think I might mosey three train stops down there and see if I can get in cheap. I would have gone SU night to the semis, perhaps, but I had tickets to Mariza (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQrq7nLPHEw), and I chose correctly if I do say so myself.

Unfortunately, OU was probably the only party that could give the Husky Women a game.

CameronBornAndBred
04-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Cool Throaty, have fun if you go. Just think, if UCONN is upset, you will have witnessed one of the biggest in sporting history.

miramar
04-07-2009, 10:06 PM
With UConn opening up a 20-point lead, I think we should agree for the record that offense is definitely not overrated in WBB.

Edouble
04-07-2009, 11:18 PM

Are you saying to think about recruiting internationally, or is it a typo and it's supposed to say "All-American"?

CameronBornAndBred
04-08-2009, 12:32 AM
Are you saying to think about recruiting internationally, or is it a typo and it's supposed to say "All-American"?
LOL ---Typo. Would be pretty cool if it wasn't though.:D
Yes..All-American.

throatybeard
04-08-2009, 03:14 PM
I ended up going, got a $81 ticket for $30. Probably should have been $20 but I'm not good at driving a hard bargain with the scalpers.

UL competed valiantly for a little over ten minutes. Then the deluge of TOs and UConn layups began in a blitzkrieg during the 4th segment of the 1H. I skipped out at halftime to go watch the Blues and the Cardinals.

There were a surprising number of Tennessee fans there. That is some killer dedication to the women's game, to go to all three games of the FF when your squad was upset in the NCAAT 1R. I was impressed by that.