View Full Version : James Johnson of Wake Going Pro

roywhite
04-04-2009, 01:37 PM
http://www.wyomingnews.com/articles/2009/04/04/sports/19sports_04-04-09.txt

Good player; not a big surprise.

Will other Deacs declare?

geraldsneighbor
04-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Probably a good move considering he is already 22. I'm a little bit surprised though he is going to sign an agent so quickly.

Travi_K
04-04-2009, 02:32 PM
I really think others will follow and have thought this since midway through the season. James Johnson IMO could be the best potential pro that Wake has. He is a man child and can shoot and is good with the ball in both areas of the court. I feel like Aminu will have no choice based off most of the draft boards is somewhere in the lottery and the fact that coming back couldn't really help from a stock stand point. Teague may just follow and many have him pegged to be a great prospect as well but it seems like many guards like him kind of go and disappear but I could be wrong.

Newton_14
04-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the link Roy. This is not surprising. A big hole for Wake to fill, and the hole gets drastically bigger if Aminu and Teague follow him. Wake would be back in rebuild mode.

Sgt. Dingleberry
04-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Johnson was one of my favorite players in the ACC...

He was, in my opinion, the best offensive rebounder in the ACC...I loved watching him play (except against Duke), and I will not miss playing him, just miss watching him...

Good luck James....