PDA

View Full Version : Spring arrived 15 minutes ago

OZZIE4DUKE
04-01-2009, 11:55 AM
15 minutes ago I went out to my car to get something. When I went back out 5 minutes ago to leave, my car was suddenly covered in yellow pine pollen. So now spring has officially arrived in Smithfield! For the next several days, a breathing filter is in order to protect my lungs, and EVERYTHING will have a yellow dust sheen to it. :p

TillyGalore
04-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Time to start taking the allergy medicine now. Hope this means no more cold wet weather for a while. At least not cold weather.

CameronBornAndBred
04-01-2009, 12:29 PM
I noticed a yellow tinge to my car yesterday. We get tons of it here at the beach with all the pines, I bet you are pretty well covered where you are too Ozzie. But like you said, it's a sure sign of Spring. I love it!

DevilAlumna
04-01-2009, 12:34 PM
It's snowing out here today. In the city. No, not an April Fool's joke. :(

I *long* for the yellow-pollen days of NC springs!!!

TillyGalore
04-01-2009, 12:50 PM
It's snowing out here today. In the city. No, not an April Fool's joke. :(

I *long* for the yellow-pollen days of NC springs!!!

Blessed Bovine! Will it ever end for ya'll in Washington? Though will all the rain here in Durham, I've started referring to the area as southeastern Seattle.

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Blessed Bovine! Will it ever end for ya'll in Washington? Though will all the rain here in Durham, I've started referring to the area as southeastern Seattle.
The light rain continues today on the western edge of the Piedmont.... no pollen taking over here! Trees, scrubs and grass are greening up so much that it makes me think of Ireland.

2535Miles
04-02-2009, 12:25 AM
I wish I had a visible warning like pollen. There is something out here in California that tears me up without warning. I didn't used to have allergies, but the past few years have been horrible.

OZZIE4DUKE
04-02-2009, 01:06 AM
I wish I had a visible warning like pollen. There is something out here in California that tears me up without warning. I didn't used to have allergies, but the past few years have been horrible.
It's called smog! :D

2535Miles
04-02-2009, 02:03 AM
It's called smog! :D
Shoot, that's easy to avoid. When you see LA, turn around and go the other way. I'm curious to see what happens when I move back to NC. When I left about five years ago, I didn't have any allergies.

Windsor
04-02-2009, 11:04 AM
My red cars has been orange for weeks - between the Oaks and the Pines in Florida it is allergy hell! Heavy wind last Saturday and rain on Sunday helped some, but not enough. Another week or two to get through and then I will be able to breath again!