PDA

View Full Version : Gilchrist Update

Channing
04-12-2007, 03:57 PM
"Point guard John Gilchrist has been acquired from the Idaho Stampede from the available player pool. Gilchrist was cut from his team in Israel earlier this season before joining the Los Angeles D-Fenders. On the D-Fenders, he played on a guard heavy roster and struggled to get consistent minutes. The former Maryland standout appeared in 10 games with Los Angeles and averaged 3.6 points and 1.2 assists per game. His role will be important with the loss of Randy Livingston for the rest of the season. "

http://www.draftexpress.com/blogs.php?blogid=6

This particular article has updates on the D-league teams towards the bottom. It is interesting to see what has become of some players whose names we all became very familiar with (i.e. Gerry McNamara struggling for minutes with the arrival of Mateen Cleaves to his team).

wiscodevil
04-12-2007, 04:07 PM
"His role will be important with the loss of Randy Livingston for the rest of the season. "

Interesting to see Livingston's name here. At one time (many moons ago) he was "The next Michael Jordan". His hoops career was ravaged by injuries, but he was a heckuva talent and has kept at for a long time. Good for him!

CaptACC
04-12-2007, 11:04 PM
I've seen Livingston play in the D-League, his game isn't NBA quality. Thus, I expect to see him move up and down between the 2 leagues.

I live in Bismarck, ND home of the 1st place Dakota Wizards and we have Chris McCray on the team. As time goes he'll have a chance at the next level. We may get to see Gilchrist if we and they make it through the playoffs. He laughs because I got to visit with him one night and I was wearing my Duke shirt. We laughed about it but he is really a good guy. Even though I wear my Duke stuff he still waves and stops to say hi.

I got Dockery's autograph when he played for Forth Worth here.

I got to see J Will play his only game in the league. He pulled his groin the next day in practice. He put on a passing display. Right in front of us (we have front row seats) he made a pass behind his back, looking at us in the crowd, to a guy under the basket for a slam, without looking he knew the guy was there (vintage J Will). He showed he still can find the right guy at the right time. Too bad he suffered that injury. I wanted him to sign some stuff but after the first game he was too tired to come out and said he would after the next game. But once he got hurt he spent most of his time in the hotel.