PDA

View Full Version : This Day in History...

Hancock 4 Duke
03-28-2009, 01:58 PM
...Christian Laettner hits the turnaround 15 footer to claim the win against Kentucky, 104-103. Congratulations to Christian Laettner.

brevity
03-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Was it really 17 years ago? Thanks for the reminder.

For some reason, I keep picture Laettner today, reliving that shot as he tosses objects into various baskets around his house. I wonder why. Also, Rick Pitino owns the place next door, and is forced to relive the moment too.

dukebsbll14
03-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Was it really 17 years ago? Thanks for the reminder.

For some reason, I keep picture Laettner today, reliving that shot as he tosses objects into various baskets around his house. I wonder why. Also, Rick Pitino owns the place next door, and is forced to relive the moment too.

Laettner was just that good haha

CameronBornAndBred
03-28-2009, 03:55 PM
sigh...

Mods..That's not useless posting, it's longing to fill an empty space.

weezie
03-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Still, it is wonderful to have that day and moment engraved in your memory. I can remember breaking down in tears and still am getting a bit misty today :o

TriGuy
03-29-2009, 03:53 PM
I guess I had a Laettner-like confidence . . . I was pleased, but not at all surprised. I knew they'd get it inbounds and get a reasonable/planned shot, it was just a matter of whether it would drop. No great surprise for me . . . just a ear-to-ear grin. Great memory.

A personal side-story -- I had just started dating a woman who had NEVER watched a college basketball game before, but she grudgingly agreed to watch this one with me. Needless to say, she became a hard-core fan . . . but just for a few years. That game spoiled her -- she lost interest after a year or two after she realized that all games weren't like that one.

DukeFencer
03-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Similarly, I had a friend during school who never went to games/wasn't into basketball, spent all her time studying. One night we dragged her over to Cameron, and that night was the night that Dockery hit HIS shot. It was her one and only Cameron experience in all 4 years.