PDA

View Full Version : Big XII vs. Big East

A-Tex Devil
03-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Ok. Now that I've purged the ridiculous no-show from last night from my system....

Is the Big XII in the running for the "best conference" debate, however nebulous and self-serving such a debate can be? You have 3 teams in the sweet 16, and 1 already in the elite 8 by upsetting what many thought was a 1-seed. KU and OU are playing tonight in very winnable, but tough games, and if both break through, you'll have 3 Big XIII teams in the elite 8. The Big XII also went undefeated in first round games, including 2 9-8 "upsets."

Then when you consider that the Big East has 4 more teams then the big 12, the relative performance of each conference so far (if we are talking tourney performance only) is pretty comparable. No one has been talking about it yet, and I probably just guaranteed KU and OU losses tonight by bringing it up, but I think it's not out of the realm of discussion.

CDu
03-27-2009, 01:13 PM
The Big East and Big 12 are the clear winners in this tourney. The Big East has one team in the Final Four, a good chance to get 3 teams to the Final Four, and an outside (VERY outside) chance to get 4 teams there! The Big-12 has a realistic chance to get 1 or 2 teams to the Final Four, and an outside shot at 3 teams. Very impressive.

I think both KU and Oklahoma win tonight, and I think Oklahoma and Missouri lose in the next round and KU goes to the Final Four. We'll see two Big East teams, one Big-12, and either UNC or Gonzaga in the Final Four, if I had to guess.