PDA

View Full Version : I wouldn't want to suggest....

Aziggazoomba
03-27-2009, 08:58 AM
I wouldn't want to suggest that I was pulling for you guys or anything like that (I wasn't), but nonetheless it's appropriate to say I thought Duke made a nice run this year (especially the last part of the season, post-Clemson/BC), and I know it sucks to witness a Sweet 16 flameout of such proportions (having seen a great many of a light blue hue over the years ('84, '86 and '90 come immediately to mind---though there have been plenty of others).

Hard to see amidst all the carnage (where did your shooting go? Holy cow, I wish you guys would bring that when you play the Heels sometime, just once, even), but E. Williams' move in the first half was brilliant, and even a Blue Devil loather like me has to hand it to Singler, for the toughness and "never say die" attitude he showed. Plus, you guys will be really formidable (possibly great) next year, depending on how the whole NBA thing shakes out.

I know you'll be rooting like hell for the Zags tonite. Can't say I blame you. (You should be glad to know that, based on media reports, The Toe is not faring well. So ya got that going for ya. Which is nice.)

Go Heels.......

bjornolf
03-27-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the kind words, I guess, but the wound's just too fresh right now. :(

OZZIE4DUKE
03-27-2009, 10:49 AM
I wouldn't want to suggest that I was pulling for you guys or anything like that (I wasn't), but nonetheless it's appropriate to say I thought Duke made a nice run this year (especially the last part of the season, post-Clemson/BC), and I know it sucks to witness a Sweet 16 flameout of such proportions (having seen a great many of a light blue hue over the years ('84, '86 and '90 come immediately to mind---though there have been plenty of others).

Hard to see amidst all the carnage (where did your shooting go? Holy cow, I wish you guys would bring that when you play the Heels sometime, just once, even), but E. Williams' move in the first half was brilliant, and even a Blue Devil loather like me has to hand it to Singler, for the toughness and "never say die" attitude he showed. Plus, you guys will be really formidable (possibly great) next year, depending on how the whole NBA thing shakes out.

I know you'll be rooting like hell for the Zags tonite. Can't say I blame you. (You should be glad to know that, based on media reports, The Toe is not faring well. So ya got that going for ya. Which is nice.)

Go Heels.......

Thanks for the kind words, I guess, but the wound's just too fresh right now. :(
Thanks, Azig. Glad you (and Wheat) post hear. Reasonableness with passion is what makes it fun. That said, Go Zags!

davekay1971
03-27-2009, 10:51 AM

Go Heels.......

Whodathunk a Tarheel fan's post would give me the biggest smile I've had on DBR all day.

alteran
03-27-2009, 11:35 AM
(You should be glad to know that, based on media reports, The Toe is not faring well. So ya got that going for ya. Which is nice.)

I predict a "miraculous" recovery from the life-threatening toe injury.

My aunt (who works in health care) has a saying about head wounds-- "they always look worse than they are."

I've found the same to be true of Carolina injury reports. :D

Would you PLEASE be a jerk when you come here? ;) You're giving me cognitive dissonance, and I don't need that right now.

Scorp4me
03-27-2009, 01:48 PM
With Singler's statement that he is coming back now the only thing we as Duke fans have to fret over is Henderson's decision. Other than that while we still have questions for next year, at least we'll have more players that we can try out as answers. I know our seniors meant alot to us, but there's not Tyler Hansbrough graduating.

Carolina on the other hand. Well, after they lose (assuming they do, it's the same if they win it all, but if they win it all they won't care =) has alot of hand wringing over who stays and who goes. Plus they are losing quite a bit just to graduation.

And I agree, it was a very classy post there Azigg. But at least we have that to look forward to...errr rather not look forward to.