PDA

View Full Version : Man of the Match vs. Villanova

JBDuke
03-27-2009, 01:50 AM
Since Jumbo's not around, here's the MOTM poll...

Lotus000
03-27-2009, 01:56 AM
Where's the radio button for 'Nova's coach?

jma4life
03-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Really? (I'll give Paulus a ceremonial vote. Gotta admire the kid's heart, work ethic, and leadership over a pretty tough, and tumultuous career. Didn't go down like I thought it would but if I could go back, I'd take him again)

eddiehaskell
03-27-2009, 02:07 AM
Zoubek

gotham devil
03-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Where's the radio button for 'Nova's coach?

Big ups to Jay Wright.
He's done a great job taking the, well, scraps left over after the Carolinas and Dukes take theirs in recruiting and developing them. He's got his best recruiting class coming in next year too.

socaldukie
03-27-2009, 02:20 AM
Zoubs looked good for some decent stretches tonight too...

weezie
03-27-2009, 02:36 AM
Me....for sitting there and listening to nova's dopey students hoot and yap.

marinbobbyduhon
03-27-2009, 02:46 AM
Zoubs looked good for some decent stretches tonight too...

While I appreciated the effort and the solid defense by Zoubs, I can't wrap my head around a 4pt, 2 rebound performance receiving the MOTM. I loved Kyle's effort tonight. He never gave up and worked hard the whole game, so even though his shot wasn't falling (who's was), he earned my vote.

I like those who went with their heart and voted for Greg. I am sure going to miss him and David next year. They represented Duke with the upmost class.

FireOgilvie
03-27-2009, 02:56 AM
While I appreciated the effort and the solid defense by Zoubs, I can't wrap my head around a 4pt, 2 rebound performance receiving the MOTM. I loved Kyle's effort tonight. He never gave up and worked hard the whole game, so even though his shot wasn't falling (who's was), he earned my vote.

I like those who went with their heart and voted for Greg. I am sure going to miss him and David next year. They represented Duke with the upmost class.

Zoubek was really solid on defense and did a great job of altering shots. Add on the 4 points and it's a great game for him. No one else really had what would be considered an above average game. If Zoubek plays like that consistently next year, he will get big minutes.

As far as Paulus goes, I was very surprised at the two turnovers that he made. That was very out of the ordinary for him the past few years. I know he wishes he could take back a couple of those plays in his last game at Duke.

DevilCastDownfromDurham
03-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Our best player all season was our best player tonight: Kyle Singler. Kyle's toughness was needed tonight and in the second half he looked like the only player who wasn't completely knocked down and out by 'Nova's toughness. I was very proud of him tonight and I hope we can build the team around his game and his toughness going forward.

ACCBBallFan
03-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Though pretty much by default, Kyle Singler had the best metrics for Duke.

Rating Player-Pos

72 Reggie Redding, G

63 Scottie Reynolds, G
61 Dante Cunningham, F

55 Kyle Singler, F
53 Jon Scheyer, G

48 TOTALS-Nova
45 Dwayne Anderson, G-F
45 Shane Clark, F
44 Gerald Henderson, G-F

36 Elliot Williams, G
35 TOTALS-Duke
33 Corey Stokes, G
30 Lance Thomas, F

28 Brian Zoubek, C
27 Corey Fisher, G
20 David McClure, F

19 Nolan Smith, G
19 Antonio Pena, F
13 Greg Paulus, G

9 Frank Tchuisi, F

CDu
03-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Zoubek was really solid on defense and did a great job of altering shots. Add on the 4 points and it's a great game for him. No one else really had what would be considered an above average game. If Zoubek plays like that consistently next year, he will get big minutes.

As far as Paulus goes, I was very surprised at the two turnovers that he made. That was very out of the ordinary for him the past few years. I know he wishes he could take back a couple of those plays in his last game at Duke.

In honesty, only 2 rebounds from a 7-footer against a team with no one taller than 6'8" doesn't jump out at me. Zoubek definitely had a nice stretch for a few minutes in the first half, when he altered some shots and got a tip-in. But aside from that couple of minutes, he was nonexistent as well.

I went with Singler, because he was basically our entire offense (at least in the positive sense) and he tried to give us a lift in the second half. But really, it just wasn't a great night for anyone.

jv001
03-27-2009, 10:08 AM
I voted for Zoubs because he did more in 14 mins than most of the guys in double the mins played. Plus he is not even thought about in our offense and to get 4 points is pretty good. I know Kyle was our leading scorer and made the most baskets (5), but he only had 6 rebs in 36 mins and he had 3 turnovers. Still Kyle played harder than anyone and was not intimidated at all. He was just off with his shot. I'm glad he's coming back next year. Hopefully Gerald will realize he could be a much better NBA player with another year of college bb. Go Duke!

davekay1971
03-27-2009, 10:53 AM
For that One Shining Moment (in a sea of brutality) dunk. Heck, if you're getting your butt kicked, might as well focus on the one play all night that really made you say "Hell YEAH"

west_coast_devil
03-27-2009, 12:35 PM
For that One Shining Moment (in a sea of brutality) dunk. Heck, if you're getting your butt kicked, might as well focus on the one play all night that really made you say "Hell YEAH"

totally agree! That dunk was the only play that really got me fired up. I am very high on EW for next year! anybody have a link to the replay of EW's dunk last night?

Magnolia888
03-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Our best player all season was our best player tonight: Kyle Singler.

Yup. That about sums it up for me and Kyle gets my vote for MOTM. Kyle has been our best player all season long imho and he was doing his best to help us win that game. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough.

eddiehaskell
03-27-2009, 09:22 PM
In honesty, only 2 rebounds from a 7-footer against a team with no one taller than 6'8" doesn't jump out at me.Z's points came off tip ins which are basically as good as rebounding the ball and putting it back in. Thus, I say 4pts/4reb.:D

I went with Z because Kyle hit front rim on a few foul shots.

tele
03-28-2009, 02:33 AM
McClure. Last chance to say Great play McClure!

CDu
03-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Z's points came off tip ins which are basically as good as rebounding the ball and putting it back in. Thus, I say 4pts/4reb.:D

I went with Z because Kyle hit front rim on a few foul shots.

Tip-ins count as rebounds. So it's 4 points and 2 rebounds (the 2 rebounds were his tip-ins).