View Full Version : Thanks, Greg and Dave and Marty

feldspar
03-27-2009, 12:26 AM
We'll miss you guys.

ETA: Whoops. And Marty.

Duvall
03-27-2009, 12:29 AM
We'll miss you guys.

Jordan Davidson plans to redshirt and return next year. Do you mean Marty?

feldspar
03-27-2009, 12:30 AM
Jordan Davidson plans to redshirt and return next year. Do you mean Marty?

Sure. Yeah. Whatever.

:(

rthomas
03-27-2009, 12:32 AM
Word. Hope to see Paulus on the sideline somewhere in the future!

DukieInKansas
03-27-2009, 12:33 AM
Thank you to all the seniors. Your efforts have been appreciated and you have represented the University well.

CameronBlue
03-27-2009, 12:36 AM
[CameronBlue was going to call Feldspar out for his ungracious, cheap shot at Pocius. But CameronBlue knows deep down that F-spar is one classly dude, so the mods have decided to edit CB's comments to reflect his true intent and have flagged F-spar's riveting post for the DBR Anthology due out later this year.]

moonpie23
03-27-2009, 12:52 AM
thanks guys,........

duke ON....

Dr. Tina
03-27-2009, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the last 4 (sometimes 5) years, Greg, Dave, and Marty. I wish you good fortune in your future endeavors. Your contributions will be missed!

bjornolf
03-27-2009, 01:11 AM
Thanks guys. Best to you in your future endeavors, whatever they might be. We'll always remember you guys.

dukeballer2294
03-27-2009, 01:13 AM
Greg:great career u had ups and downs from leading the league in assits as a freshman to a not so good span as a sophmpore, but ur career here is very much appreciated.
Dave:every team needs the do it all glue guy and that was u, so many times u ingnited our team with ur defense and sometimes even with ur offense. The clemson alley oop at the buzzer will always be remembered.
Marty:sad to see u go so soon especially since u were hurt 1 year but u had a great shot and helped the team a lot on and off the court.
Thank u seniors and Mart :) ur 3/4 years at Duke will always be remebered.

buddy
03-27-2009, 01:13 AM
Sad to see these guys go out on such a sour note. A class that started with such promise ended more with a whimper than a bang. Greg gave it everything he had to tonight, but just confirmed that his everything is not enough. Dave made some tough plays, but his total unwillingness to shoot the ball allowed Villanova to pressure Scheyer and Henderson even more. I certainly hope this was not the last game for G and Kyle. At least Kyle tried to be a man out there, but G seemed defeated psychologically. Whether he was trying to compete with the legend of his dad or whatever, I don't remember seeing him have such a disjointed game. Totally uncharacteristic of the G we saw down the stretch.

Scheyer is Boss
03-27-2009, 01:48 AM
Tonight, amongst other things, marked the final game for Greg Paulus. Throughout his career at Duke, he was forced into many different and difficult roles. Whether it be taking the reins as Point Guard during his freshman year or giving them up to play a limited role as a senior, Greg Paulus has been the perfect example of a dedicated Duke Basketball throughout his storied career at Duke. Although I felt that the removal of Paulus from the starting line up, favoring Nolan Smith was the obvious choice, I still was heartbroken for Greg. I know that his tough play and all out effort will be missed greatly when I watch Duke basketball next season. In fact, I can't imagine a Paulus-less Duke team. I would just like to thank Greg for all the hard work and dedication he has put out during his four years in Durham. You will be missed.

Post your testimonies below...

eddiehaskell
03-27-2009, 02:38 AM
I like how Greg would show emotion and try to get everyone pumped up. Teams can always use a guy like that.

Yeah, yeah, Paulus got dunked on badly a few times, but man, he was fearless. I think he'd step in to take a charge 3 feet from the basket against LeBron James. LOL.

KenTankerous
03-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Paulus could return to graduate school and play football for four years, no? How much fun would that be?

I've only been around here for a couple of seasons but I immediately loved Greg's tenacity and can do attitude. The way he stepped up by stepping down this year was the classiest thing I think I have ever seen in sports and he gets not nearly enough run for it.

ricks68
03-27-2009, 04:55 AM
Always classy. Very classy. All the best. Use your Duke education well. You deserve only the best that life has to give. You guys certainly enabled me to have a lot of fun watching the team the past 4-5 years. I will miss all of you.:(

ricks

DevilCastDownfromDurham
03-27-2009, 08:37 AM
A big and heartfelt thanks to all of the seniors. This has been the toughest 4 year period since 95-98 but none of you ever complained or made excuses.

Greg, you've unfairly been the target of every juvenile hater since you got here but you've played hard, given everything you have, and excelled in the classroom in a way that makes us all so proud. Thank you for your heart and attitude. You've always put the team first and I can't wait to watch you on the sidelines leading and teaching with the same fire and character that you've always showed.

Dave, you've overcome injuries and played out of position against hulking giants and speed demons, often in the same game. You've also put the team's success above your own ego and made yourself an invaluable part of the team. Thank you for your perseverance and selflessness. I know a young man of your character will succeed in whatever you choose to put your energies toward.

Marty, you've been a crowd favorite but have done the least glamorous work of all. A guy with your talent choosing to remain here as a practice player speaks volumes about your desire to be part of something bigger than yourself and your love of Duke. Thank you for your dedication and contribution to the team. I can't wait to see you lighting up the Euroleagues with the things you've learned at Duke.

Thanks to all of our seniors who've been there in our darkest hours and kept the faith when no one outside of the program wanted to see us succeed. Things seem to be on the right track again in large part because of the foundation you laid and the bridges you built. I hope you know how much you mean to the program and the fans and I hope you can take pleasure in all the success we have going forward, since it wouldn't have been possible without your efforts.

Franzez
03-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Paulus could return to graduate school and play football for four years, no? How much fun would that be?

I've only been around here for a couple of seasons but I immediately loved Greg's tenacity and can do attitude. The way he stepped up by stepping down this year was the classiest thing I think I have ever seen in sports and he gets not nearly enough run for it.
If he never played football he doesn't hold any eligibility for the sport.

freedevil
03-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Greg - you represented Duke very, very well. Best of luck to you in your final semester in college and after you graduate!

CathyCA
03-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Thank you, Greg, Dave and Marty! You have represented our university so well. I am so proud of your efforts on the court, in the classroom and in the community.

I love you guys!

whereinthehellami
03-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Thanks to all the seniors. I especially enjoyed watching Dave over the years. What a winner and team player. Dave always played all out and played to the maximum of his ability. He had a nose for the ball and was a joy to watch. A glue guy with a high bball IQ.

Watching Dave play was bittersweet for me. Like Dave, I have had chronic knee injuries (four knee operations) and know how devastating they can be. Especially when they happen multiple times. I really thought that the injuries affected the development of Dave's game. I thought he was about to show a decent mid-range game when he started having the knee injuries. He just never seemed to get all of his confidence back but yet still gave it his all and carved out a niche within the team. I'm gonna miss watching you Dave. This kid is a winner and is going to do really well wherever he ends up.

cascadedevil
03-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Three young men who always stood for everything that is great about Duke basketball. We will always remember your ACC Championship!

BlueDevilBaby
03-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Thanks, guys for contributing so much to Duke's basketball excellence and tradition, but most of all, congrats on obtaining your degrees. Best of luck.