PDA

View Full Version : Duke on DirecTV?

Herbie
03-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Apologies if this question has been addressed...Did anyone order a single game PPV on Directv to watch Duke last week? On their website I only see offers for the entire Mega March Madness package - $69 for all games. I'm in Big-12 country so will unfortunately get the Mizzou game on CBS local, so just looking for a way to order a single game without having to pay for the whole package. When I called Directv, they just referred me to the PPV page and said "if we offer it, it might be posted here on Thursday"..not very helpful. So, just looking to see if anyone did this last week or has any info.

Thanks.
Herbie

DukieInKansas
03-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Apologies if this question has been addressed...Did anyone order a single game PPV on Directv to watch Duke last week? On their website I only see offers for the entire Mega March Madness package - $69 for all games. I'm in Big-12 country so will unfortunately get the Mizzou game on CBS local, so just looking for a way to order a single game without having to pay for the whole package. When I called Directv, they just referred me to the PPV page and said "if we offer it, it might be posted here on Thursday"..not very helpful. So, just looking to see if anyone did this last week or has any info.

Thanks.
Herbie

I'm also in Big 12 Country but the local CBS affiliate has 2 HD channels and Duke will be on the 2nd channel. This is true even without cable as my sister's non-cable but HDTV ready tv gets both CBS channels. There is also the free online viewing which worked well for me the first game of the tournament.

HaveFunExpectToWin
03-25-2009, 12:25 PM
I don't think Mega March Madness games come as individual PPV, unlike ESPN Gameplan or Full Court.

You'll likely need to order the whole package for the $69, watch it online, or head to you local sports bar that gets the MMM package.

Good luck.

Skitzle
03-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Games stream free online mmod.ncaa.com

Herbie
03-25-2009, 04:43 PM
YES - single game ordering is possible! Finally got through to a directv rep that could help. The cost was $24.95 for HD ($19.95 for regular). Just couldnt stand the thought of watching it on my computer on MMOD and having it go into buffering every 30 seconds.

DukieInKansas
03-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Herbie - may I ask where you are located in Big 12 Country? I'm in the KC Metro area and channel 5 will show the Duke game on their 2nd HD channel. If you have HD over the air - it will be on 5.2. If you have cable, the channel will depend on your provider - 1452 for Time Warner. And no additional cost! :D

And I guess I should count my blessings - I haven't had any buffering problems when I watch mmod.ncaa.com

Herbie
03-25-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm in Colorado - unfortunately only one CBS station and one over-the-air option

Herbie
03-25-2009, 05:34 PM
IMHO, well worth the 25 bucks to watch the game in HD on a 60-inch DLP instead of hovering over the computer.

DukieInKansas
03-25-2009, 05:35 PM
IMHO, well worth the 25 bucks to watch the game in HD on a 60-inch DLP instead of hovering over the computer.

Bummer on the one channel issue. Enjoy the game on the 60" DLP.

roywhite
03-25-2009, 09:04 PM

Herbie, welcome to the board. Good to know there are Duke fans in all areas of the country.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
03-26-2009, 12:16 AM
I have directv as well and you are saying that you can order individual games on it. I tried that with ESPN Fullcourt this year and was told that I couldnt do it. I guess its different with the Tourney games. Thanks for the info.

Herbie
03-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Roywhite - thanks for the welcome. I spent a lot of time posting here back in the late 90's when the Board was in it's relative infancy, but, alas, have not had the time in the last few years. Good to be back:-)

In case anyone is interested, Directv now has the games up on their site and avail to order via PPV.
<a href="https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/listing/ppvEvents.jsp">Here's the link</a>