View Full Version : The most excellent Scheyer video

rthomas
03-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Excellent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXAh6q-swKE

Kim*
03-24-2009, 01:08 PM
scheyerchive, ha! I love it.

Such control that kid has. Watching it in slower motion makes you really appreciate the difficulty of what he did. Because a little bit more flick of the wrist and that ball could have easily taken a nasty angle and ended up sailing into the Duke bench.

I love that this is going to be one of those "Remember when...?" moments that is talked about in future years.

NSDukeFan
03-24-2009, 01:14 PM
scheyerchive, ha! I love it.

Such control that kid has. Watching it in slower motion makes you really appreciate the difficulty of what he did. Because a little bit more flick of the wrist and that ball could have easily taken a nasty angle and ended up sailing into the Duke bench.

I love that this is going to be one of those "Remember when...?" moments that is talked about in future years.

Great video. I was actually more impressed seeing it again at full speed to see how quickly he had to make that decision and play. Fantastic!

weezie
03-24-2009, 03:30 PM
[i]

Absolutely. And keep in mind the replays of the Singler tip in right before this play, where Nance's voice warbled "Sii-iii-nnngllller" as Kyle soared in over the defenders for the put back. Man flew like a super hero!!!

livehead16
03-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Oh, hey, that's my video. Glad you guys are enjoying it. :)

The thing that I find most impressive (and there's a lot to choose from on that play) is that he first hits the ball with his right hand and knocks it over to his left, then makes that throw with his left (non-dominant) hand. Ridiculous.

Kim*
03-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Oh, hey, that's my video. Glad you guys are enjoying it. :)

The thing that I find most impressive (and there's a lot to choose from on that play) is that he first hits the ball with his right hand and knocks it over to his left, then makes that throw with his left (non-dominant) hand. Ridiculous.
Yeah the switching hands is another thing that struck me while watching the replay, that I didn't even notice when it was happening in real-time. The quick-decision skills that that kid possesses is phenomenal.

p.s. Thanks for the video! ;)

banneheim
03-24-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm still trying to figure how the Texas player didn't get wacked in the face with the ball. They refs prob would T'ed us up then....