PDA

View Full Version : Villanova and next year's class

NYC Duke Fan
03-24-2009, 02:30 AM
It has been said in many quarters that Villanova has the number 1 recruiting class next year. Can anyone fill me in as to any of the players who have committed to Villanova?

I wonder if Taylor King has second thoughts about his choice of schools since he left Duke because of a lack of playing time and if the above is correct, how much playing time will he be getting, although Jay Wright does use his bench a lot.

slower
03-24-2009, 07:34 AM
It has been said in many quarters that Villanova has the number 1 recruiting class next year. Can anyone fill me in as to any of the players who have committed to Villanova?

I wonder if Taylor King has second thoughts about his choice of schools since he left Duke because of a lack of playing time and if the above is correct, how much playing time will he be getting, although Jay Wright does use his bench a lot.

Their class is excellent, as is UNC, Memphis and Texas. Memphis will probably move to consensus #1 if they sign Wall.

NYC Duke Fan
03-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Can you name any of the players ?

Thank you

Traveldude50
03-24-2009, 08:07 AM
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=925402

according to rivals Nova is 4th currently

Kewlswim
03-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Hello,

Just wanted to add that having a great class does not necessarily translate to championships. Certainly having great players is a key ingredient, but how they get along together (chemistry), injuries, and ability to work with the coaches are all important. As we often see, a group of all-stars often does not excel as much as does as a cohesive team. With that in mind, if Taylor works hard, gains stamina, and minds what the coach say he will be an upperclassman and most likely be able to spend time on the floor. Villanova plays D too and I don't think the coaches there are going to let a kid stay on the floor who is not willing to play hard. I wonder if TK will do what is necessary because if he was willing to, one would think, he would still be at Duke and Coach K would have found a lot of use for him--given his shot.

We see in Elliot Williams that if a kid works hard and excels (working hard is not enough) in practice, no matter the class, Coach K will find a place for him in the rotation. I don't know how well TK got along with the rest of the Duke team. Maybe he just wanted to leave because they weren't close and he wanted to be more a part of the "team." So, at Duke TK feels like an outsider and at Villanova he feels more at home though he might play just as much or even end up playing less. Remember we are talking about 18-19-20 year old's not sage old men like one finds on DBR. :-)

GO DUKE!

weezie
03-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Remember we are talking about 18-19-20 year old's not sage old men like one finds on DBR. :-)

GO DUKE!

Of course you meant to include the even more sage old women in there, didn't you? :D

Kewlswim
03-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Of course you meant to include the even more sage old women in there, didn't you? :D

My apologies, I should have made that abundantly clear!!

GO DUKE!!