PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Flynn To Return

NYC Duke Fan
03-24-2009, 02:23 AM
Johnny Flynn announced yesterday that he would be returning next year to Syracuse even though Syracuse is still alive in the tournament. I would love to hear the same from 2 Duke players.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
03-24-2009, 03:29 AM
Johnny Flynn announced yesterday that he would be returning next year to Syracuse even though Syracuse is still alive in the tournament. I would love to hear the same from 2 Duke players.

I was just thinking the same thing, like when Battier said it the year before the championship. Anyway here is a LAtimes article about the draft. My buddy is a huge NBA fan and he uses this every year to assess who his Lakers will be drafting. Says this guy is a decent source
www.latimes.com/sports/college...,1615566.column Singler isn't even a first rounder according to this and G is middle of the pack, of course I've seen many different variances of this

Airforcedukie

devildownunder
03-24-2009, 05:07 AM
I was just thinking the same thing, like when Battier said it the year before the championship. Anyway here is a LAtimes article about the draft. My buddy is a huge NBA fan and he uses this every year to assess who his Lakers will be drafting. Says this guy is a decent source
www.latimes.com/sports/college...,1615566.column Singler isn't even a first rounder according to this and G is middle of the pack, of course I've seen many different variances of this

Airforcedukie

If Singler doesn't go at least late first round, someone's getting a steal, unless this is a particularly good year for European/Latin american/African players I've never heard of.

devildownunder
03-24-2009, 05:09 AM
not that anyone here particularly cares, but there is no "h" in his first name. Bet everyone will know that once the Orange send Carolina packing later this week.:)

gotham devil
03-24-2009, 05:16 AM

Have no fear, I'm sure former top 40 recruits Lance and Zoubek will be back for their final seasons. ;)

bjornolf
03-24-2009, 11:01 AM
That's great. All the best to him. He seems like a good kid, and will help raise their potential for next season A LOT. I like Syracuse a lot, and if Duke can't win it, I can think of a LOT of teams that would fall behind Syracuse on my list of teams to pull for. In fact, of who's left, they'd probably be third right behind Oklahoma. Villanova is pretty low on my list, mainly because that would mean Thursday would have to be the end of the line for us. If not for that fact, they'd be top 5 for me too. Teams at the bottom: Arizona, UConn, and UNC (dead last) of course. Even in a vacuum, Pitt would be pretty low on my list, but since they're in our region, they're REALLY low, maybe below Arizona.

yancem
03-24-2009, 12:54 PM

I would rather there not be any announcements or public discussion right now about whether or not Henderson or Singler will enter the draft or return next year. First off, the season isn't over yet and the team doesn't need the distraction. Secondly, I'm of the opinion that any such pronouncements are meaningless until the players have a chance to get some space from the season and objectively look at their options. Ho many times have we heard "I'll be back next year" only to have the player change his mind two weeks later.

Let's worry about Villanova for now and let the nba stuff work its self out in a few weeks.

weezie
03-24-2009, 03:41 PM
yancem is right. Hasn't Kobe been oft-quoted saying how he only missed playing college ball in March? This is one of the best times in their young lives; it's a shame that uninspired sports writers pigheadedly insist on forcing this issue every year.
Tiresome, short, dullard sports writers, always looking for some angle to pick away at. What do they add to the mix anyway?

SupaDave
03-24-2009, 09:16 PM
yancem is right. Hasn't Kobe been oft-quoted saying how he only missed playing college ball in March? This is one of the best times in their young lives; it's a shame that uninspired sports writers pigheadedly insist on forcing this issue every year.
Tiresome, short, dullard sports writers, always looking for some angle to pick away at. What do they add to the mix anyway?

It's called MONEY to pay bills and keep that TV going... That's what's in the mix. :)

Otherwise, let's applaud Flynn for continuing his education. I don't know his major but won't you feel better if he's on the other side of the desk from you in the future?

Kudos to Flynn.

Supa "I used to wear my socks like Lawrence Moten" Dave...