PDA

View Full Version : The Wheat/"/"/" DBR Challenge...

Wheat/"/"/"
03-23-2009, 07:47 PM
I sent out a check today for $52 dollars in support of my favorite college basketball web site, The Duke Basketball Report.

If a Carolina fan can do it, everyone of you Duke fans should double it, or at least match it!

If Duke should somehow beat UNC in the final four...I'll send in another $100.

It has amazed me that the guys have kept their independence and stayed true to their love of the ACC, and obviously Duke, throughout all these years. Several times since '96 they have avoided the pressures to be swollowed up by some media empire due to expenses. It has to be a labor of love, because I doubt there is any way it can be profitable for them. I can only imagine how much time they invest each and every day to keep the site fresh, and they always have.

So there it is...Wheat/"/"/" has stepped up and I wish I could do more. I don't want a pat on the back, just ante up to help keep the site going just as is.

You in?

DukeDevilDeb
03-23-2009, 09:22 PM
I sent out a check today for $52 dollars in support of my favorite college basketball web site, The Duke Basketball Report.

If a Carolina fan can do it, everyone of you Duke fans should double it, or at least match it!

It has amazed me that the guys have kept their independence and stayed true to their love of the ACC, and obviously Duke, throughout all these years. Several times since '96 they have avoided the pressures to be swollowed up by some media empire due to expenses. It has to be a labor of love, because I doubt there is any way it can be profitable for them. I can only imagine how much time they invest each and every day to keep the site fresh, and they always have.

So there it is...Wheat/"/"/" has stepped up and I wish I could do more. I don't want a pat on the back, just ante up to help keep the site going just as is.

You in?

... but you deserve one. I sent in my $100 last week, and hope that everyone who seems to spend 24 hours a day on this site sends as much as they can.

We argue, we disagree, we beg to differ, and we learn. But this is HANDS' DOWN the best fan site--and the best Blue Devil site (sorry, Watzone)--anywhere on the Internet!

So now that the Devils are in the Sweet Sixteen, let's get those checks rolling!

Go Duke!

BlueintheFace
03-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Yah but isn't it different for you wheat? Kind of like, when the collection plate comes around in church and you feel especially guilty because you figure you have had a lot of impure thoughts (Ty Lawson is a leader, Roy Williams is a great situational coach, etc...) and sinned a bit more than your fellow churchgoers (rooting for Tarheels).

Duke basketball is our religion and, although you worship basketball along side us in the chapel (DBR forum), you belong to a different sect. Maybe you just feel a bit more guilty eh?

PS- I'm just kidding. Very admirable Wheat. Good Job!

sue71, esq
03-23-2009, 11:16 PM

You in?

Thanks for the reminder!!! I've been a bit... uh... preoccupied for the past several weeks, but (sadly) things just slowed down for me. So, upon reading Wheat's post, I clicked on the Paypal link (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=26855) and made my contribution.

J & B, thanks again for everything!

yancem
03-24-2009, 12:10 AM

You in?

This post might be the best fund raising ploy for DBR ever!!!! My ante is in:)

Wheat/"/"/"
03-24-2009, 06:20 AM
Thanks for the reminder!!! I've been a bit... uh... preoccupied for the past several weeks, but (sadly) things just slowed down for me. So, upon reading Wheat's post, I clicked on the Paypal link (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/articles/?p=26855) and made my contribution.

J & B, thanks again for everything!

I had been meaning to ante up too but had just sort of kept forgetting to do it...that's why I decided to issues the challenge.

Also. I had a Duke alumni client a couple of weeks ago, and it didn't take long to get around to a hoop discussion. When I asked him if he was familiar with the DBR, out came the blackberry and following the Drudge Report was the DBR in his favorites. We both promised to send in some support that day when talking about the one thing we agreed on...how great the site is :)

I'll let him post the pix of his big redfish if he stops by....

blueprofessor
03-24-2009, 08:43 AM
I had been meaning to ante up too but had just sort of kept forgetting to do it...that's why I decided to issues the challenge.

Also. I had a Duke alumni client a couple of weeks ago, and it didn't take long to get around to a hoop discussion. When I asked him if he was familiar with the DBR, out came the blackberry and following the Drudge Report was the DBR in his favorites. We both promised to send in some support that day when talking about the one thing we agreed on...how great the site is :)

I'll let him post the pix of his big redfish if he stops by....

would consider.
My pals in Boca Grande say you are the best guide and fisher and you put your clients on fish!:D

Best---Blueprof, formerly of Little Gasparilla Island at good fishing times :)