PDA

View Full Version : Grant and JJ -- Orlando-Detroit

YmoBeThere
04-11-2007, 09:25 PM
First time watching Grant play in a long time. Brought back memories of years gone by, he looked great. A nice block on D and several layups straight through the defense. Brought to mind a Billy Joel song, This is the Time.

Given his own thoughts about whether to play after this season and potentially where, we may not get much of a chance to see one of the class acts ever in basketball after this year's playoffs. If the Magic hold on to the eighth spot.

JJ hit a couple of open jumpers, but overall the Magic appear greatly outclassed by the Pistons.

mgtr
04-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Note that JJ works really hard to get open, but often is ignored by teammates. Since he has about the best FG % and FT % on the team, this seems like a mistake.

YmoBeThere
04-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Agreed, much of which I think can be attributed to two reasons: missing the beginning of the season and being a rookie who cannot create his own shot off the dribble.

dukeisawesome
04-12-2007, 01:21 AM
I missed the game, but you prompted me to find this on JJ's player profile:

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/d9/fullj.getty-71796583fm016_wolves_magic_4_42_36_am.jpg

so what's he telling McCants, hah.

Lord Ash
04-12-2007, 07:39 AM
"Hey, did you get your tats with your Grandmother too?"

JJweMISSu
04-12-2007, 12:13 PM
First time watching Grant play in a long time. Brought back memories of years gone by, he looked great. A nice block on D and several layups straight through the defense. Brought to mind a Billy Joel song, This is the Time.

Given his own thoughts about whether to play after this season and potentially where, we may not get much of a chance to see one of the class acts ever in basketball after this year's playoffs. If the Magic hold on to the eighth spot.

JJ hit a couple of open jumpers, but overall the Magic appear greatly outclassed by the Pistons.

i didnt see the game but when i read your comment it sounded like they won. then I looked at the box score and they losted, so im guessing you care about classiness more than the win....

SilkyJ
04-12-2007, 12:31 PM
i didnt see the game but when i read your comment it sounded like they won. then I looked at the box score and they losted, so im guessing you care about classiness more than the win....

I think he meant the Pistons were in a different "class" or "tier." Not classiness in terms of sportsmanship.

If I am wrong and he does mean sportsmanship, you're comment is still silly because he said the PISTONS outclassed the Magic, and since the Pistons won that would mean he cares about both classiness and winning.

mapei
04-12-2007, 12:38 PM
I don't have a dog in the NBA fight, so to speak, since I don't particularly find the NBA entertaining. Just a personal preference.

But I do care more about showing class than winning. I'm glad that sometimes we don't have to make that choice, but for me it's an easy one to make and I don't apologize for it.

I agree that the poster misinterpreted how "class" was being used, BTW, but since the larger issue was presented, I wanted to speak up. May Grant and JJ continue to have productive careers in "the League," because I like them both.

Duke15304
04-12-2007, 01:58 PM
he played 9 and half mins in the 2nd qt, he made two shots real quick, and then he didnt really touch the ball again, and trust me he was wide open, this was all when hill and howard were on the bench and the rest of the team was shooting 5-28 including jj's 2 shots

JJweMISSu
04-12-2007, 02:14 PM
I think he meant the Pistons were in a different "class" or "tier." Not classiness in terms of sportsmanship.

If I am wrong and he does mean sportsmanship, you're comment is still silly because he said the PISTONS outclassed the Magic, and since the Pistons won that would mean he cares about both classiness and winning.

opps i mis read it

Channing
04-12-2007, 02:27 PM
I have no basis for this, its just something that I keep wondering. For 4 years JJ was pretty much public enemy number 1 in college basketball. Is it possible that some of his teamates actually couldnt stand JJ before he was on their team, and now that he is that sentiment has carried over a little. As we all remember, there was more than dislike of JJ as basketball player, there was actual resentment from a large population of basketball fans. I am sure that most NBA players are fans of the college game, either their team or just the game in general if they didnt go to college.

Just a thought I had, perhaps its way out in left field.

Duvall
04-12-2007, 02:53 PM
I have no basis for this, its just something that I keep wondering. For 4 years JJ was pretty much public enemy number 1 in college basketball. Is it possible that some of his teamates actually couldnt stand JJ before he was on their team, and now that he is that sentiment has carried over a little. As we all remember, there was more than dislike of JJ as basketball player, there was actual resentment from a large population of basketball fans. I am sure that most NBA players are fans of the college game, either their team or just the game in general if they didnt go to college.

Just a thought I had, perhaps its way out in left field.

I doubt that players care as much about that stuff as fans, and I *really* doubt that professionals would let that affect how they treated a teammate. If Redick isn't getting the ball, it's probably because he's a rookie who only played part of the season. Nothing more.

dukeENG2003
04-12-2007, 03:37 PM
its gotta be driving JJ crazy seeing how EASY it is for him to get open in the pros (he doesn't need double and triple screens like college) and now he just can't get the ball/get on the court

dukeisawesome
04-12-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm sure his teammates are just fine with him. I think the biggest reason for rookie hazing is so the vets get to make fun of the rooks and everyone gets along. There's a JJ vid on youtube and he's getting donuts for his teammates, lol. They get alone fine.

JBDuke
04-12-2007, 06:48 PM
I doubt that players care as much about that stuff as fans, and I *really* doubt that professionals would let that affect how they treated a teammate. If Redick isn't getting the ball, it's probably because he's a rookie who only played part of the season. Nothing more.

Not only that, but he's a rookie that missed all of the summer camp and pre-season camp due to injuries. Still, he's played his way into Coach Hill's tighter, end-of-season rotation. Back in December/January, JJ was inactive for most games, playing behind Grant, Keyon Dooling, and Keith Bogans. Now, he's in the top 8-9 players and sees action in just about every game - sometimes as much as 20 minutes.

It appears to be very unlikely that Grant will be on the Magic next year - the noises he is making sound like either retirement or signing with a contending team. That will really open up the door for JJ. If he can stay healthy, I'm sure he'll do well in the summer leagues and in pre-season. The team will have a chance to work with him and find out how to use him. JJ's shot is an uncommon weapon, and I have no doubt that the Magic staff will find a way to make better use of it next year.

And, BTW, my inside info says that, yes, not getting his shots when he feels like he could make a difference (like last night) is frustrating him. But last fall was much, much worse.

SilkyJ
04-13-2007, 12:55 PM
JJ's shot is an uncommon weapon, and I have no doubt that the Magic staff will find a way to make better use of it next year.

Apparently you aren't familiar with how much Brian Hill (Magic HC) sucks.

I agree that JJ will continue to improve, get more minutes, yada yada. And while Orlando is a good fit based on the personel, the coach sucks.

dukeENG2003
04-13-2007, 03:38 PM
yup, Brian Hill is a chump. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he the only Coach who has had Shaq in on an NBA team and NOT won a championship?

Edit: I guess theres Stan "Ron Jeremy" Van Gundy too

phaedrus
04-13-2007, 07:27 PM
yup, Brian Hill is a chump. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he the only Coach who has had Shaq in on an NBA team and NOT won a championship?

Edit: I guess theres Stan "Ron Jeremy" Van Gundy too

stan van gundy did coach the heat for part of their championship year. so i guess that kind of counts... especially since pat riley supposedly pressured him to resign.

kydevil
04-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Apparently you aren't familiar with how much Brian Hill (Magic HC) sucks.

I agree that JJ will continue to improve, get more minutes, yada yada. And while Orlando is a good fit based on the personel, the coach sucks.

Agreed, I went to the magic raptors game last week and after the game leaving the arena I saw people holding signs saying FIRE BRIAN HILL:D

P.S. Orlando Fans love him.... they were constantly chanting his name in the crowd.... we want J.J.

majinemesis
04-14-2007, 12:34 AM
What is JJ's FG% ?

JBDuke
04-14-2007, 01:24 AM
What is JJ's FG% ?

He's shooting just over 40% from the floor, 37.5% from 3 (about 43% from 2), and 90% from the line.

You can track his stats here (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jj_redick/index.html).

YmoBeThere
04-14-2007, 02:33 PM
are too often hard to find in the same package. When found together it should be celebrated. Unfortunately, no one wants to read those headlines. (I take that back, too oftern the media doesn't seem to want show us these headlines.)

MChambers
04-19-2007, 02:46 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-mnotes1207apr12,0,1461590.story?coll=orl-magic

Teammates still were talking about the shot that rookie J.J. Redick made after practice Tuesday at The Palace. Redick made a shot from a stairwell just below the midlevel suites, nothing but net. The ball was estimated to travel 80 feet. As Redick was pointing out the spot, point guard Travis Diener said, "No, J.J. It was farther back. Come on. You have to say it was even longer. Makes a better story." .

JJweMISSu
04-19-2007, 06:20 PM
thats great lol

phaedrus
04-19-2007, 07:47 PM
maybe they'll pass him the ball now?

mgtr
04-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Well, he did OK in the final game of the season -- 10 points in 11 minutes.

Clearly, JJ has a great future in the league, but I am not at all sure it is with the Orlando Magic if they retain their current coach.

Lord Ash
04-19-2007, 09:56 PM
4th leading scorer on the team vs Miami but only the 10th most minutes... Brian Hill is a tool of the first order. JJ should be starting in the NBA.

dball
04-20-2007, 10:17 AM
maybe they'll pass him the ball now?

Why not? He's proved he can make 'em from well beyond the bench.

Billy Dat
04-20-2007, 10:25 AM
As long as JJ stays healthy and can put in a monster offseason, he is going to be very good next year. My definition of very good is not a go to guy, but rather a solid 10-15ppg scorer who will make teams pay for doubling Dwight Howard. You know that the kid hates sitting on the bench. That leads me to believe that he will have an offseason similar to the one between his sophomore and junior year when he upped his focus and intesified his training regimen. He'll show up for the USA Basketball training week in top shape and will gain extra confidence by playing well against the USA's elite. To me, that's the recipe for him making a leap next year....he just has to stay healthy.

Constantstrain 81
04-20-2007, 12:24 PM
I base this on very little actual game watching - I watched the Magic if they were on and I know JJ didn't play that much as well. Still, for JJ to be a weapon, the defense has to feel the threat of him possibly shooting all the time. That means JJ popping open or working to get open is a big part of the offense, whether or not he gets the ball or takes a shot.

It appeared to me that JJ was less than a focal point for the Magic Offense. If he got the ball, it seemed like it was by accident. The beauty of JJ is not his shot-blocking, his wizardry with the basketball dribbling, or his glove-like defense. It is his ability to beat you with the shot. It is his ability to throw your defense out of sync worrying about where he is. If a team doesn't exploit that, then you are wasting a talent. His defense and head for the court game is just fine. His shooting is what made him national player of the year.

Maybe Orlando will figure it out - it just didn't seem like that to me.

SilkyJ
04-20-2007, 01:16 PM
It is his ability to throw your defense out of sync worrying about where he is. If a team doesn't exploit that, then you are wasting a talent.

I agree that in order to maximize his effectiveness you have to use him the way you describe. But he can also be effective just knocking down open j's all day.

Also, you are right that the Magic don't use him in the way you describe. The way they use him is once the other team scores, he runs down the court and stands in the corner and then either waits for someone to penetrate and get the kickout, or they run a play that involves a baseline screen and some kind of curl move.

Then again I don't know if Brian Hill knows any plays besides those two.

Cameron
04-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the link, MC. That's a great story. JJ's flat out a shooting legend. No question. If he's given the proper chance to shine next season--and, like most of you, I agree that Brian Hill's presence needs to be evaporated for this to happen--I think JJ could be an All-Star. Seriously. The fan base he'd get behind him in the League would be amazing if he were given the opportunity to heat up on a nightly basis.

Out of anyone on the Magic team, outside of perhaps Diener, I'd take JJ from 35 feet before anyone else from 23'. JJ got a royal screwing this season. He deserves better than that.

phaedrus
04-21-2007, 01:16 PM
si.com ranks nba playoff coaches:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/kelly_dwyer/04/20/coach.rankings/1.html

JBDuke
04-22-2007, 01:38 AM
I wasn't able to watch the game, but after reading the recap and looking at the boxscore, I'm surprised to see that JJ didn't get off the bench. Can anybody give me some insight? Did his strained quad tighten up and keep him from playing, or was this purely a coach's decision? And with the Magic down the entire game, why wasn't the best shooter on the bench in the game to help score some points? More incompetence from Coach Hill?

Lord Ash
04-22-2007, 01:02 PM
Brian Hill is an idiot, ranked by SI as the worst coach in the playoffs. Go check out some Orlando forums; they HATE that guy. Just HATE him. I hate him too; the only guy who could hold JJ to zero points. (Sorry had to steal that.)

Indoor66
04-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Why do we go from what is usually "dislike" to "hate" so easily and quickly? After hate there is probably only execution to express greater consternation. The concept of "hate" has been cheapened to the point of meaninglessness.

Lord Ash
04-22-2007, 02:28 PM
*sigh* Okay, let me rephrase:

I hope Brian Hill gets fired RIGHT NOW, IMMEDIATELY, and NEVER HAS A SINGLE IOTA OF SAY in who plays for the Orlando Magic again.

There has NEVER been a Duke player, EVER, who I wanted to see in the league more than JJ, so for taking away that chance, the chance for me to see JJ again and to see him prove all those haters wrong since his last big public display was a flame out in the tournament, and reducing possibly the best player in Duke history to a joke for Carolina and Maryland fans, in adding a horrible barb to a horrible year in Duke sports, I dislike Brian Hill A LOT, with his stubborn hatred of rookies and apparent lack of basketball knowledge.

I hope they fire him NOW. I wish they had fired him at the beginning of the year.

SilkyJ
04-22-2007, 09:08 PM
I wasn't able to watch the game, but after reading the recap and looking at the boxscore, I'm surprised to see that JJ didn't get off the bench. Can anybody give me some insight? Did his strained quad tighten up and keep him from playing, or was this purely a coach's decision? And with the Magic down the entire game, why wasn't the best shooter on the bench in the game to help score some points? More incompetence from Coach Hill?

it was Hill's call. its the playoffs so the lineup tightens up a little and they play two guards ahead of JJ. Carlos arroyo is very solid, experienced, and can score at PG and keyon dooling who is who is fairly experienced and has been deep into the playoffs before and is more athletic than JJ. Its a tough call considering JJ has played well but is yet to prove himself because of his late start. I would imagine he is the next guy off the bench though.

_Gary
04-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Living here in west-central Florida, I follow the Magic pretty closely. And there's absolutely no doubt that Hill hasn't given JJ a fair shake this season. Of course, if you're not a starter for Brian Hill, you likely aren't going to be given a fair shake because the guy is schizo when it comes to his bench rotations. Over the course of the year he's had 6 or 7 bench players yanked in and out of any consistent playing time. It's truly pathetic and I too hope he isn't back as coach of the Magic next year.

Gary

steely2400
04-23-2007, 01:28 PM
It's amazing what JJ has done this year when he received playing time. Anywhere from 10-15 a game, remember that great layup against the Knicks. The pattern of his playing time has followed no rhyme or reason. I have followed his box scores all year. He will get time 3 or 4 straight games, contribute, then get nothing. As a shooter how is he supposed to develop any kind of rhythm like that?

I read an article where Brian Hill said something to the effect of JJ wasn't coming in and being aggressive. My immediate reaction was , "Duh, how is he supposed to be when you have no rotation and he may only play 3 minutes".

It frustrates me as well because I have to read all of the bust crap that is starting to trickle out. He and Adam Morrison got less than a season before they were both busts.

freedevil
04-23-2007, 10:39 PM
I wholeheartedly agree steely. Am I wrong, or did he not see the floor in Game 2?

SilkyJ
04-23-2007, 11:05 PM
He did not see a second of PT. Grant had a nice game though: 21pts, 8reb, 4ast, 1to

Ive noticed in the last couple games JJ is consistently the player closest to the coaches on the bench. Not always at first but after a little he slides down there and parks it. He is clearly frustrated, but the problems for the Magic have not been scoring points: they've put up 90+ on the pistons, a good defensive team, so I wouldn't expect to see Hill put him in...

Then again Hill rarely follows conventional logic so who knows...

mgtr
04-24-2007, 02:20 AM
Conclusion: JJ is either injured or the coach is an idiot or both! Oh, Oh, maybe the coach is attempting to throw the game?

JBDuke
04-24-2007, 02:44 AM
Conclusion: JJ is either injured or the coach is an idiot or both! Oh, Oh, maybe the coach is attempting to throw the game?

My sources say he is healthy, ready to contribute, and frustrated at his lack of playing time.

mike88
04-24-2007, 11:01 AM
I would like to express a contrary view about JJ's playing time. Let me preface my opinion by saying that JJ is my favorite Duke player of the last 20 years, and that I have watched more than half of the Magic's games this year.

I don't think that JJ has earned more playing time as yet. Offensively, he has played well at times. I think he a batter shooter than his current numbers suggest, and that in the future (with more playing time) he will shoot a better percentage- no doubt the Magic need him as an outside threat.

That said, right now JJ's defense is not good enough to earn him major minutes at the 2-guard position. He struggles to defend average to above-average NBA 2's, most of whom are bigger and quicker. This is compounded by the fact that that Magic often have a defensive liability at the point as well. It will be interesting to see whether the Magic continue to start Jameer Nelson next year, or look to bring in a bigger player and then bring Jameer off the bench. Doing so (along with an injury-free summer for JJ to work on his game) may help JJ get more time next year.

_Gary
04-24-2007, 11:43 AM
I don't think that JJ has earned more playing time as yet. Offensively, he has played well at times...
That said, right now JJ's defense is not good enough to earn him major minutes at the 2-guard position. He struggles to defend average to above-average NBA 2's, most of whom are bigger and quicker.

While I can't laud JJ as anything other than a slightly below average defender at this point, I will say I've actually been pleased with his defense this year based on what I thought he would and wouldn't be able to do on defense in the NBA. In other words, he's better right now on D than I thought he would be. And while his man D isn't very good, his help D is very good!

As for the offense, he will continue to see his percentages go up - IF he gets more pt. Right now, I definitely think he's earned the right to be playing in this series with the Pistons. At least 5 or 6 minutes per half. Brian Hill is just a horrible coach who definitely has JJ, along with many of the other Magic players, ticked off. He's got to go.

mgtr
04-24-2007, 12:19 PM
I would think that the coach would think "well, what are doing isn't working, better try something else." Apparently not, however.

Indoor66
04-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Jameer appears to me, from viewing about 15 games all year, to be a serious liability to Orlando. IMO, he does not bring that many skills vs his shortcomings.

dukeENG2003
04-24-2007, 03:42 PM
wasn't the knock on JJ in the past that his legs wore down by the time the post season came around?

Now, he's fresh, just in time for the playoffs! Bring him in!

SilkyJ
04-24-2007, 05:00 PM
I would think that the coach would think "well, what are doing isn't working, better try something else." Apparently not, however.

I was trying to address this point in my post above when I said:

the problems for the Magic have not been scoring points: they've put up 90+ on the pistons, a good defensive team, so I wouldn't expect to see Hill put him in...

Normally you would think that the coach would say "lets mix it up a little," but their problem is that they are giving up too many points. Maybe he'll try and out score him by putting JJ out there thinking he can light it up, but more likely he'll try and slow the pistons down on D, and we know JJ's not gonna get the call if they're looking for D.

mgtr
04-24-2007, 06:51 PM
I have also seen about half their games, and I agree. He can drive to the basket, but is limited on defense. I would rather see Carlos Arroyo at the point, or Keyon (sp?) Dooling if you need some height.

SilkyJ
04-26-2007, 08:12 PM
He did not see a second of PT. Grant had a nice game though: 21pts, 8reb, 4ast, 1to

Ive noticed in the last couple games JJ is consistently the player closest to the coaches on the bench. Not always at first but after a little he slides down there and parks it. He is clearly frustrated, but the problems for the Magic have not been scoring points: they've put up 90+ on the pistons, a good defensive team, so I wouldn't expect to see Hill put him in...

Then again Hill rarely follows conventional logic so who knows...

The Orlando/Detroit game just started and JJ is one spot away from being the closest to the coaches, and the announcer just said that due to Detroit's constant doubling of Dwight Howard and Orlando's poor spacing in recent games we may see JJ tonight! (im hoping thats inside info)

Turn it to TNT ASAP!

FireOgilvie
04-26-2007, 08:57 PM
The Orlando/Detroit game just started and JJ is one spot away from being the closest to the coaches, and the announcer just said that due to Detroit's constant doubling of Dwight Howard and Orlando's poor spacing in recent games we may see JJ tonight! (im hoping thats inside info)

Turn it to TNT ASAP!

That will probably not happen... it would be too smart of a coaching move.

Lord Ash
04-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Hill has already said nothing will change in this game; JJ always works his way up to the coaches on the bench.

Listen, the VAST VAST majority of Orlando fans hate Coach Hill. I read a few message boards just to keep tabs on JJ, and MAN they just HATE that coach.

SilkyJ
04-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Hill has already said nothing will change in this game; JJ always works his way up to the coaches on the bench.

Listen, the VAST VAST majority of Orlando fans hate Coach Hill. I read a few message boards just to keep tabs on JJ, and MAN they just HATE that coach.

Sorry for the tease....I was hoping the announcers comment mean he had some inside info....

powellhill1981
04-26-2007, 10:39 PM
It's worth it to mention that Steve Kerr was doing the announcing and he and Marv Albert discussed at length the prospect of Redick getting playing time and the similarities between Kerr and Redick at this point in their careers.

mgtr
04-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Well, the Magic lose again. They scored all of 77 points. Sounds as though they need a shot of offense (or as Rick Majerus says, o-fense). Pity they don't have a scorer they can bring off the bench. Maybe they can draft a three-point shooter, then not play him. Sounds like a plan to me.

captmojo
04-27-2007, 08:50 AM
.......or maybe the most prolific college 3 point shooter.

the NBA sucks on so many levels.

SilkyJ
04-27-2007, 10:17 AM
It's worth it to mention that Steve Kerr was doing the announcing and he and Marv Albert discussed at length the prospect of Redick getting playing time and the similarities between Kerr and Redick at this point in their careers.

Indeed they did, and Kerr also immediately said that JJ is better than he was because he is more athletic and can get his own shot off the dribble.

SilkyJ
04-28-2007, 03:49 PM
JJ's finally in, he started the 2nd quarter with the 2nd unit. Hasn't done much yet on offense, but he's guarding murray (whose playing PG) and just stripped him twice in a row on drives. But he's obviously a liability on defense so he'll get pulled with about 6 or 7 min left in the quarter...

Uncle Drew
04-28-2007, 08:44 PM
The Orlando coach needs to go. Not using JJ until the last game in the series is like getting mugged and not fighting back with a 9mm in your pocket. Here's hoping next year will be better for Grant Hill and JJ.

mgtr
04-28-2007, 09:03 PM
I think it is interesting that the first time JJ was in, he must not have been greenlighted to shoot, plus he must have been told not to run around through the defense (a la Bill Bradley) in the way he typically did. But, at the end of the game he took an impossible 3, which he created for himself, and made it. Too little, too late. Hopefully the coach will pay the price.

Uncle Drew
04-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Am I crazy or has it seemed JJ has been playing decent defense when he has been in the game this year? That was one of the knocks against him in the draft. He wasn't supposed to be fast enough to keep up with NBA players. I'm not saying he's Gary Payton but he seems to at least get in the right defensive position. I guess he learned how to play D by dragging defensive players all over the court by his jersey.

mgtr
04-28-2007, 11:39 PM
He is also likely to be smarter than the average league player.

zingit
04-30-2007, 02:49 AM
Don't know if y'all saw this already, but Brian Schmitz at the Orlando Sentinel has a few notes on J.J.'s playing time on his blog and in his column:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/ (scroll)
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-mnotes2907apr29,0,6311270.story?coll=orl-magic

I liked this bit:

Redick played almost 11 minutes, but only took two shots. His 3-pointer with 10.6 seconds left cut a five-point Pistons' lead to 93-91.

"It felt good to see a shot go in. It had been about a week-and-a-half," he joked.

Coach Brian Hill said before Game 3 that Redick would finally play in the series, but he didn't use him. Redick, the club's No. 11 draft pick from Duke, said his brief appearance was still valuable.

"It's definitely more intense," he said of playoff basketball. "I think for me to get that kind of 11 minutes was a really good experience for me."

Sounds like he would definitely like more playing time but is keeping his chin up.

Uncle Drew
04-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the post Zing. Wish JJ could have at least gotten 11-13 minutes EACH game!