PDA

View Full Version : Duke on your CBS affiliate

unwrinkled ear
03-23-2009, 01:45 PM
how to find out in advance if duke's game will be on your local cbs. i called a friend and had them check their direct tv schedule, which lists specific games (for the LA region, the one i'm in). For some reason, the actual tv channel's website doesn't list specifics.

anyone else know if there are ways to find out on the web which games YOUR cbs will show?

bluebutton
03-23-2009, 02:05 PM
I've been checking here and have found it helpful:

http://cbs2.com/sports/cbs.tv.schedule.2.960027.html

juelsr
03-23-2009, 03:21 PM
http://www.zap2it.com/

I've found this to be helpful, and so far, correct.

Cameron
03-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Anyone have link to a CBS regional coverage map? Again, I am sweating it out in NW Ohio for our next game.

This feeling sucks. It might be off to a local sports bar for me.

duketaylor
03-23-2009, 07:49 PM
All the games are live on-line at ncaa.org, we watched Duke's opening game on-line since VCU was shown here.

Cameron
03-23-2009, 08:20 PM
I know they are, but I also like to record games because I am neurotic:D

Also, having the game on my 42-inch HD television is good reason to want the game in my location.

geraldsneighbor
03-23-2009, 08:34 PM
It is sort of nice to be in the Villanova market in this regard.

Cameron
03-23-2009, 09:53 PM
HaveFunExpectToWin:

Thanks for your help on the CBS sucks thread. I was just reading over there and saw it.

I guess I looked on WTOL's site too early, missing when it had updated which exact game it would show.

For Thursday, it has Duke-Nova! I'm elated to say the least.

Ignatius07
03-23-2009, 10:02 PM
http://www.zap2it.com/

I've found this to be helpful, and so far, correct.

Does it update closer to the game? Right now mine just says "Teams TBA"

Lulu
03-24-2009, 03:37 AM
It seems like in past years we've had CBS coverage maps available. I assume that anyone outside the Memphis and Missouri areas will have the Duke name trump the coverage (I certainly hope this is the case), but it'd still be nice to know exactly where the lines will be drawn.

I sure wish they'd just show all 4 games back-to-back, though I can imagine the various and mostly monetary reasons they use to justify not doing this.

Lulu
03-24-2009, 03:44 AM
repeat

Bluedog
03-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Zap2it now has the teams updated. Duke-Villanova in Chicago!

Ignatius07
03-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Zap2it now has the teams updated. Duke-Villanova in Chicago!

Charlottesville, too. I would think this means it's the national game.

I also have Purdue-UConn; I'm not really thrilled by that matchup or Pitt-Xavier, though the latter could be more interesting in case we were to win later that night.

unwrinkled ear
03-25-2009, 07:59 PM
All the games are live on-line at ncaa.org, we watched Duke's opening game on-line since VCU was shown here.

yah, but cbs really screwed that up this year if you have a mac. i couldn't watch a single one. and i tried on 3 different macs with an array of necessary requirements. and with people who are more computer savvy than me (including web developers, etc. with the latest systems, and NONE of them could get ANY online action.)

in any case, duke-vill is on tv in LA

juise
03-25-2009, 08:06 PM
yah, but cbs really screwed that up this year if you have a mac. i couldn't watch a single one. and i tried on 3 different macs with an array of necessary requirements. and with people who are more computer savvy than me (including web developers, etc. with the latest systems, and NONE of them could get ANY online action.)

in any case, duke-vill is on tv in LA

Interesting. I was on vacation last week and was able to watch the games on my Macbook Pro via the wireless connection in my hotel room.