PDA

View Full Version : Today's games

Chard
03-21-2009, 10:55 AM
I just wanted to point out the awesome line up of games we have today. Take a look at the tradition we have going up against each other today. Look at how many storied programs with national championships are playing today. The only match up that doesn't look like the others is the Gonzaga vs. WKU game and that is going to be a GREAT GAME! There will be a considerable amount of talent on display as well. Griffin, Hansborough, Collison, Vasquez, Evans, Price, Brockman, Henderson, Singler, Scheyer, Kramer and yes, maybe even Mr. Toe!

I hope you guys get to watch as much bball as you can today because it is going to be one hell of a day followed up by Duke vs. Texas as the night cap. Does it get any better than this? Just wow!

CDu
03-21-2009, 11:06 AM
A big part of the reason behind that is the minimum of upsets that occurred on Thursday, as well as the seeding of course. As fun as the wins by cinderella are when then happen, they make for less interesting (pre-game) matchups the next round(s). The only real upset from the first day was WKU over Illinois, and that sets up another matchup of mid-majors because they happened to be bracketed with Gonzaga.

Devilsfan
03-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Oh no! Not the Toe!
Heard he may not be ready to go because he may have a hang nail on his left index finger.

Chard
03-21-2009, 11:42 AM
A big part of the reason behind that is the minimum of upsets that occurred on Thursday, as well as the seeding of course. As fun as the wins by cinderella are when then happen, they make for less interesting (pre-game) matchups the next round(s). The only real upset from the first day was WKU over Illinois, and that sets up another matchup of mid-majors because they happened to be bracketed with Gonzaga.

That's true about the lack of upsets setting up some great match ups for today.

I picked WKU over Illinois. I think it was an upset based on seeding only. I think it actually set up a much better basketball game between two quality teams.

CDu
03-21-2009, 11:51 AM
That's true about the lack of upsets setting up some great match ups for today.

I picked WKU over Illinois. I think it was an upset based on seeding only. I think it actually set up a much better basketball game between two quality teams.

I agree about WKU. I had them winning as well. Though it must be noted that the Illini were playing without their point guard. Not that I think Illinois is a great team, but they aren't the same team that did so well in the Big 10 this year.

Chard
03-21-2009, 04:40 PM
So far, these games have been very one sided. Villanova played great, Memphis is shooting lights out while Maryland struggles against their height/length and UConn is rolling.

I hope for better with the rest of the slate. :)

DukieInKansas
03-21-2009, 05:40 PM
So far, these games have been very one sided. Villanova played great, Memphis is shooting lights out while Maryland struggles against their height/length and UConn is rolling.

I hope for better with the rest of the slate. :)

I'm ok if Duke wants to blow out Texas.