PDA

View Full Version : ESPN RISE: Gerald Henderson

I_am_a_Blue_Devil
03-20-2009, 11:44 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/rise/news/story?id=3827647

Just trying to picture Coach K dressed like this.....
http://thesituationist.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/rocky-and-adrian.jpg

weezie
03-20-2009, 02:08 PM
In the trunks, right? The beret might not work so well.

sorry..couldn't resist....

Grey Devil
03-20-2009, 03:41 PM
I like that G wants the championship over the NBA riches. I hope he still feels that way after we win it all this year.... ;)

365Duke
03-20-2009, 04:13 PM
is reading the comments. One dude claimed G was one of "ACC dirtiest players".
that made me laugh a little:confused:

I will admit that several times I have said "OMG, that was DIRTY!!!"..however it was after another high flying dunk!:D

Namtilal
03-20-2009, 05:56 PM
iOne dude claimed G was one of "ACC dirtiest players".
that made me laugh a little:confused:

I love G and think he is a great guy and a helluva player, but there was the issue of an elbow and a nose in Chapel Hill in 2007...

He has done much to atone for that, but it does give context to that type of comment.

moonpie23
03-20-2009, 06:11 PM
I love G and think he is a great guy and a helluva player, but there was the issue of an elbow and a nose in Chapel Hill in 2007...

He has done much to atone for that, but it does give context to that type of comment.

clean block.....

1Devil
03-20-2009, 06:23 PM

No. It does not.

phaedrus
03-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Henderson is filthy sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmEHFzbR98E

1999ballboy
03-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Henderson is filthy sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmEHFzbR98E

Favorite part of that clip: "This is a video response to Dave Neal hard screen on Nolan Smith."

Just as it happened.

devildownunder
03-21-2009, 12:25 AM
G isn't dirty but it is the nature of opposing fans to judge a player by his worst public moment. For Henderson, that was clearly the TH incident, no matter what you think really happened.

Personally, I never thought G tried to do anything but block a shot there. I'm sure no one will ever convince most tar holes of that.

dukeman28428
03-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Gerald went for a block on Tyler and accidently hit his nose. I repeatedly hear from UNC fans that it was broken but it was not.

Why was Tyler trying to slam a dunk in our faces when they had the game won?

It is over and both Gerald and Tyler are great kids and let it be.

Focus on today and maybe they will meet again in NCAA this year. Wouldn't that be great to see for this area and ACC.

captmojo
03-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Focus on today and maybe they will meet again in NCAA this year. Wouldn't that be great to see for this area and ACC.

No. I'd like to beat them but.......no :cool:

DukieBoy
03-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Give kudos to G for spelling Krzyzewski right. I had to google it to spell it right here. Also, giving me the visual of Coach K in a Rocky was amusing/disturbing. Fun article to read.

CDu
03-21-2009, 10:38 AM
I disagree with the very first sentence in the article. Henderson is most certainly not the most hated player on the Duke roster. That title goes, far and away, to Paulus (even among UNC fans). I think it's unfortunate that the author kind of went out of his way to reference the Hansbrough incident. Even most UNC fans I know have moved on from the incident.

Devilsfan
03-21-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm proud of G defending his goal after some much traveled opponent tried to dunk on him with 14 seconds left. I wish I could get a picture of the bloodied opponent's face after the impact to hang in my office.

Namtilal
03-21-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm proud of G defending his goal after some much traveled opponent tried to dunk on him with 14 seconds left. I wish I could get a picture of the bloodied opponent's face after the impact to hang in my office.

This is a highly inappropriate way to represent your fellow Duke fans.

SMO
03-21-2009, 02:26 PM
This is a highly inappropriate way to represent your fellow Duke fans.

It would be if we elected this person to represent us. Thankfully, we do not.

JDev
03-21-2009, 02:34 PM

Wrong. One hard foul two years ago does not a dirty player make. G is absolutely not dirty, not anywhere close.

hc5duke
03-21-2009, 02:37 PM

That year, for a cinco de mayo party, i sent a picture at the moment of impact with a sombrero on henderson's head and a french flag on hansbrough's body. too bad the west coast co-workers didn't get the joke...

[Coach K] played "Eye of the Tiger" and everything. Then we watched the movie. It was definitely a memorable moment.
Oh man I just had an awful flashback of Quin Snyder singing that at half time...

BobbyFan
03-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Wrong. One hard foul two years ago does not a dirty player make. G is absolutely not dirty, not anywhere close.

No one here thinks Gerald is dirty. But Namtilal was just explaining why others apparently disagree with us.

Namtilal
03-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Let's just agree that he's a great player, gives a damn good interview (on TV especially), and should have his number retired after winning his second straight title next year.

gotham devil
03-21-2009, 05:07 PM

Can you imagine if Hansbrough played in a physical league like the Big East?
He certainly wouldn't have enjoyed 1200+ free throw attempts.