PDA

View Full Version : Watch the games online free

CameronBornAndBred
03-19-2009, 12:52 PM
It's a fast stream, and you can choose your games.
http://mmod.ncaa.com/video/player?gameid=1666768&ts=1237481424&t=0a25892f20cfc8a9cef41d5a746c2648&w=90

No sign in required.

HaveFunExpectToWin
03-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Those with iPhones, there is a MMOD app out there that streams the game to your phone. It's $5, but I imagine it's well worth it.

Grey Devil
03-19-2009, 01:26 PM
...especially if you don't have any other access. I'm watching right now and video and audio quality is very good. Kind of a battery suck, but unobtrusive in a work environment with the sound off (not like your flat screen dominating the room, for example). Just keep it plugged in if you plan to use it most of the day.

(BTW, I just heard on it that UConn's Calhoun has been taken to the hospital and won't coach today's game! Second time this season.)

Grey Devil

nawlins11bd
03-19-2009, 02:11 PM
is it working for yall? i can't get it to work...

Grey Devil
03-19-2009, 04:42 PM
is it working for yall? i can't get it to work...

You must be connected to a wireless network. Doesn't work with Edge or 3G...

Greg_Newton
03-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Does anyone have any general tips for making the stream smoother and less choppy? I close other programs and avoid the HD stream for this reason, but it's still nowhere near as fluid as TV.

chrisheery
03-19-2009, 08:16 PM
on cbs.com?

cspan37421
03-19-2009, 09:01 PM
regarding the top link:

they require you to use Internet Explorer and require you to install some additional software (some *.cab file).

FireOgilvie
03-19-2009, 09:02 PM
regarding the top link:

they require you to use Internet Explorer and require you to install some additional software (some *.cab file).

I'm using Firefox... and I didn't have to install anything. Maybe I had the software already.

cspan37421
03-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Dang! I'll try again.

You must have added Silverlight. (?) I know nothing about it, and usually try and check these things out before I agree to them (prior experience suggests it is really wise to do so).

Here's the message I get:

Standard Player Requirements

* Microsoft Windows XP/Vista
* Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or above
* Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 or above

High Quality Player Requirements

* Microsoft Silverlight 2 (Click here to view system requirements)

DukieInKansas
03-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Has anyone noticed that they don't let you switch to another game during a commercial? Pretty tricky.

Lord Ash
03-19-2009, 11:26 PM
The Silverlight quality at NCAA.com is fantastic! I highly recommend installing it.

AIRFORCEDUKIE
03-20-2009, 02:07 AM
The Silverlight quality at NCAA.com is fantastic! I highly recommend installing it.

Living in Las Vegas I had to watch on my laptop, since the UCLA game was on here. The quality is really good on silverlight, its pretty fluid, and the announcers come in clear. Only issues are commercials you can't change games but thats no huge deal there. Also, its about 30 seconds off from whats on TV so if the score is showing on the TV it will be different on the computer. Anyway overall good stuff can't complain with free this day in age. Probably the best thing CBS has done with the tourney to date.

ice-9
03-20-2009, 02:43 AM
For those of us outside the U.S., this is a GODSEND. A Godsend, I tell you.

UrinalCake
03-20-2009, 05:02 AM
I watched the first half on my iPhone. Video was very choppy, and the audio was out of sync, which was really annoying because I would hear what happened before I saw it. Knowing a little bit about streaming video, I believe the problem is not with the speed of the wireless connection but rather the decoder - the iPhone's CPU is just not fast enough to keep up with that much data.

Anyways, without the sound it provided a reasonable viewing experience and a pleasant reminder of how far technology has come. Not having cable TV, I wish this had been available all season!

HK Dukie
03-20-2009, 06:01 AM
The MMOD application is fantastic. Many of you aren't used to the less than stellar TV on PC quality but I have been using Slingbox all year to get my Duke games while I have been moved overseas. The box is installed at my parents place in Florida. I highly recommend overseas Duke fans to find a friend in the states and install the box on their spare TV. You can watch TV anytime from overseas.

I decided to go with the MMOD at CBS over the slingbox because the MMOD has far less delay in the game AND of course you can watch the game you want the whole time without getting switched to another one.

Isn't technology great?

tele
03-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Isn't technology great?

Yes, yes it is. It would be better if I could synch the Bob Harris internet radio feed with the ncaa/cbs video.

DukieInKansas
03-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Yes, yes it is. It would be better if I could synch the Bob Harris internet radio feed with the ncaa/cbs video.

From your fingers to the techno-gods ears! Also, a consistently reliable online link to Bob Harris would be nice.

moonpie23
03-20-2009, 10:14 AM

Actually. I like it being a little bit ahead (about 7 secs) it helps you see the play setting up.

Oh, and Slingbox ROCKS!!

HaveFunExpectToWin
03-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Does anyone have any general tips for making the stream smoother and less choppy? I close other programs and avoid the HD stream for this reason, but it's still nowhere near as fluid as TV.

What kind of Internet speed do you get?

www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

dougc33
03-20-2009, 11:04 AM
...CBS ROCKS!!!???

They've (finally) made it into the 21st century and the results are fantastic!!

I was able to watch the games without technical issue...great quality feed...very little chop.

As much grief as CBS gets, we should compliment them when they get it right!

missfinch
03-20-2009, 12:06 PM
We were pretty happy with the internet feed we got and just ran it from the laptop to the tv. Not quite tv quality but we weren't going to get our game at all in Phoenix and, from what I understand about some of the markets that did, CBS cut away early to other games. Much better than having to go to a sports bar and listen to everyone else cheer against Duke.

camion
03-20-2009, 02:22 PM
I used the mmod.ncaa.com feed with Firefox 3 on my intel iMac. I downloaded the Silverlght HD plugin. All worked well except for a few minutes when I had do downgrade the video quality a bit because of slow network.

I'm really grateful for this because otherwise I would have missed 80% of the game here in SC due to CBS switching to UCLA-VCU.

Grey Devil
03-20-2009, 03:17 PM
I watched the first half on my iPhone. Video was very choppy, and the audio was out of sync, which was really annoying because I would hear what happened before I saw it. Knowing a little bit about streaming video, I believe the problem is not with the speed of the wireless connection but rather the decoder - the iPhone's CPU is just not fast enough to keep up with that much data.

Anyways, without the sound it provided a reasonable viewing experience and a pleasant reminder of how far technology has come. Not having cable TV, I wish this had been available all season!

Hmmm... interesting. I've been using my iPhone both days with no problems. In fact, it's been fantastic! When I had sufficient battery charge I was walking all over the range of the WiFi and didn't even have a stutter. It was great sitting outside on a spring day (but in a shady spot) and watching the Madness. ;-)

Do you have a 3G iPhone? Maybe you have an older phone with a slower CPU?

TheBrianZoubekExperience
03-20-2009, 03:28 PM
I used the CBS online system with IE and it worked great last night. Only real problem was it was delayed about 15-20 seconds for me from the TV and online scores so you had to just commit to watching the game online. I had to get off the chat too. But overall I liked it.

moonpie23
03-20-2009, 09:08 PM
i have RR Turbo.....17m down, 460k up...but that's with the trick "boost" thing which speeds up the first 10 secs of the download (and the speed test)

so i'm figuring i average about 12m down...